Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

There wasn't that many there. Must have been loads of people with tickets who didn't go if they sold that many. There was shit loads of empty seats in the Milburn stand.

Even so, the official attendance was the highest of the season. I got offered a season ticket as it happens and couldn't be arsed.

What I find baffling is there has been no show of support for McClaren from the club. Its all over the media that he should be sacked from virtually everyone with half a brain. Yet the club hasnt come out and said they are supporting McClaren.

What I find baffling is there has been no show of support for McClaren from the club. Its all over the media that he should be sacked from virtually everyone with half a brain. Yet the club hasnt come out and said they are supporting McClaren.

Because they don't know what to do :lol:

I'd be surprised if they sacked him now. It's taking too long and the longer it goes on, the less likely it is imo.

Thats my thoughts too.

If they were gonna do something, it would have been done by now. But why not come out and say they are backing him? Stop all this sacking talk?

All of the noise coming from him says to me that he will never change that ludicrous system he has played all season, he fully believes it will work at some point. That reason alone means he has to go for them to have any chance of staying up.

Thats my thoughts too.

If they were gonna do something, it would have been done by now. But why not come out and say they are backing him? Stop all this sacking talk?

They'll all be working out how to put a positive spin on keeping him. It was the same last season when Carver should have went.

They'll all be working out how to put a positive spin on keeping him. It was the same last season when Carver should have went.

This is what's taking the time- they're scouring all the dives in the city centre to find Carver, sober him up, then offer him 20 Benson and 8 Ace per match to keep us up.

This is what's taking the time- they're scouring all the dives in the city centre to find Carver, sober him up, then offer him 20 Benson and 8 Ace per match to keep us up.

Quadruple his previous rate?! These are desperate times indeed.

Club statement released.

"We've had a robust and meaningful meeting today and we all agree that, even though there has been no sign of competence from any of us recently, we are going to stick with things as they are BUT we defiantly all took a really good long look at ourselves, and each other, and then ourselves again thinking about each other and how each other looked.

We've spent all day trying to come up with a reason why you should stick with us, and basically the best reason we have is because Steve reckons he can still turn shite into sugar and we don't know what else to do with all this shite and Mike stopped our sugar in his austerity cuts and Bobby cannot stand tea without sugar.

Please keep supporting the lads on match day because 52,000 fans in the stadium is what will keep us up, if you don't come and we lose games it's defiantly your fault. And don't be mean to us either because that doesn't help. Mike has lost a lot of weight recently and isn't actually a cockney. I didn't ask for this job, do you think it is easy for me? Mike has stopped sending me messages on facebook which is really worrying, he used to send me those little gifs of cartoon cats and pictures of his meals. Can you all please just keep coming to the match and not hassle us at all. Together we will get through this. Lots of Love, your friend, Lee"

The backing or support would should have come right after the game. What in the world are they even doing? What are the players doing all this time? Not like we need to prepare for Leceister, going to get a tonking anyway. Will he be sacked then if not now? Because the tonking is a kind of a given isnt it.

Its just incredible how incompetent the people running this club are.

Strikes me as they're looking for a replacement but no fucker wants it....given the low qualifying standard for candidates (must be on nodding terms with two or three local semi pros, and be wiling to do as they're fuckin told) that's a predictable but utterly depressing outcome of Ashley's tenure. No one with a modicum of ability or common sense will touch us with a shitty stick.

Put it this way: every single one of our relegation rivals (and upcoming opponents) will be hoping we don't sack him.

This is it. When Swanse looked to be sticking with their coach til the end of the season I was over the moon. But they saw sense and the guys had enough of an impact already to virtually guarantee their survival.