Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

At the moment i'd settle for a coach who can coach,unlike Brolly who cannot coach or manage

From what has been said he is a decent coach. Just a shite manager. Should have stayed a Number 2.

"After Christmas they made a couple of additions and I think they are good additions. They turned the corner at one stage. Ok, it wasnt a good result at the weekend and they are still in the bottom three, but I do think they turned a corner.

After December P9 W2 D1 L6

Okay, Lee.

If anything we've turned the corner off Underperforming Street and onto Relegation Close.

The delay in sacking him must surely be an attempt to undermine his position so much that he walks. Except it's not going to work and only serves to make the club look even more idiotic than before.

I agree but would also add in that the other factor is probably that Charnley remains terrified of making this call.

On the positive side, Ashley must be able to see how incompetent he is now.

The delay in sacking him must surely be an attempt to undermine his position so much that he walks. Except it's not going to work and only serves to make the club look even more idiotic than before.

Oh come now, surely we have already reached the pinnacle of idiocy years ago.

David Moyes is set to be named Newcastle United’s next manager as they prepare to sack Steve McClaren.

The former Manchester United manager is keen to return to the Premier League and seems set to accept the role after talks.

According to The Sun, Moyes is happy to take the role despite a rival offer from Celtic as he wants to return to the Premier League.

Moyes looks a solid replacement for the Magpies, with the Scot having worked well with limited resources during his time in charge of Everton.

Meanwhile, McClaren’s exit is expected to be confirmed in the next 48 hours, with the Guardian reporting he’s as good as gone.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/08/david-moyes-accepts-newcastle-job-with-steve-mcclaren-facing-sack-5739433/#ixzz42JJhAhmt

Newcastle United Latest: Steve McClaren remains the Head Coach of Newcastle United and is taking training today as normal. Despite that his future is far from certain. It's my understanding that following yesterday's emergency board meeting between Lee Charnley, Graham Carr and Bob Moncur the club are now considering a short list of potential replacements. I also understand there is a long list of people who have shown an interest in the position should it become vacant, but Newcastle United are only considering 2/3 candidates seriously. I also understand there is ONE standout candidate.

I believe that if Newcastle United receive enough encouragement that an adequate replacement is available then they will look to relieve Steve McClaren of his duties. However, until this replacement is secured, McClaren will continue to look after the first team, as the club look to avoid a repeat of last season when Alan Pardew was allowed to depart the club without a replacement being available.

I expect the next 48 hours to be critical for the future of both Steve McClaren and Newcastle United. There is still a possibility that McClaren will be in charge for Monday's trip to Leicester City, but I expect there to be a new Head Coach in the frame by then.

As always you can follow this story as it develops on @SkySportsNewsHQ #SSNHQ #nufc

Newcastle United Latest: Steve McClaren remains the Head Coach of Newcastle United and is taking training today as normal. Despite that his future is far from certain. It's my understanding that following yesterday's emergency board meeting between Lee Charnley, Graham Carr and Bob Moncur the club are now considering a short list of potential replacements. I also understand there is a long list of people who have shown an interest in the position should it become vacant, but Newcastle United are only considering 2/3 candidates seriously. I also understand there is ONE standout candidate.

I believe that if Newcastle United receive enough encouragement that an adequate replacement is available then they will look to relieve Steve McClaren of his duties. However, until this replacement is secured, McClaren will continue to look after the first team, as the club look to avoid a repeat of last season when Alan Pardew was allowed to depart the club without a replacement being available.

I expect the next 48 hours to be critical for the future of both Steve McClaren and Newcastle United. There is still a possibility that McClaren will be in charge for Monday's trip to Leicester City, but I expect there to be a new Head Coach in the frame by then.

As always you can follow this story as it develops on @SkySportsNewsHQ #SSNHQ #nufc

so they're considering a short list :lol:

good to know they're moving quickly to sort things out.

Moyes would be a great appointment for us but might be too little, too late. Should have been done during that 18 day break.

My thoughts exactly, he would be one of the best managers in the championship though and I would trust him to take us back up

Let's face it, Charnley has persuaded Ashley that the McLaren was the man. Carr has persuaded Ashley to spend £80 mill on Carrs picks.

Now it's all gone to slime and Ashley will be sitting their like hitler in that video with gigs and all looking at each other and the admin staff all outside the door.

Charnley and Carr have both fucked up massively and this is the love triangle that needs sorting.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Mort or Derek back.

so they're considering a short list :lol:

good to know they're moving quickly to sort things out.

It's completely mental, why do they have to 'prepare' to sack someone for four days? This all seems like it was a sudden shock to them that they might have to get rid of him, even the most positive fan would have started looking at the options in recent weeks ffs. Surely they should have been sorting their options and perhaps even quietly sounding out candidates in the last month or so? It's absolutely crackers that they're only now debating possibly getting rid of the bloke and having to figure out who is available.

IF we do get rid I can't see it being a capable bloke like Moyes, it'll be a twat like Pearson - a man that had a squad that is now top of the league almost relegated is something that sounds like an Ashley appointment. I'm fucking sick of this club like, how on Earth does a bloke like Charnley get the job he has? Ashley would never have this clueless cunt running one of his stores so why let him run a 100+m investment/.