iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Maybe I'm just used to apple.

Obviously as with most products it's perception and the iPhone and system just feels quality. (I understand other products may have better specs).

I like the simplicity of iTunes for syncing and just found some of the android features not as familiar or easy to use.

The fact that I'm loving using an old slow iPhone 4 tells me I'm making the right choice, for me.

Don't feel like you have to justify your choice.

Android is a mess of an OS. It can do everything, but you have faff to get it to do it. "there's an app that can do it" are things people often people say to questions on Android features.

There are a lot of people who just want the best experience out of the box.

I'd put the BlackBerry z30 ahead of any Android device. Especially now they have the full play store access via snap.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel like you have to justify your choice.

Android is a mess of an OS. It can do everything, but you have faff to get it to do it. "there's an app that can do it" are things people often people say to questions on Android features.

There are a lot of people who just want the best experience out of the box.

I'd put the BlackBerry z30 ahead of any Android device. Especially now they have the full play store access via snap.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

Which part?

We can rehash the ram debate if you like. As Andrew suggested the OS is massively different, mainly Apple compile apps on install whereas Android do it on execution. Which is why there is a lag on Android starting apps and no amount of ram will change that. The only way around it is for the app designer to run a service constantly, which as you'd know eats up all the extra resources.

Fwiw, I'm a blackberry user.

Don't go dragging my name into your argument then saying that.

Blackberry gets a lot if stick, but for business use they are light years ahead.

Anyone who receive 300+ emails a day simply can't make do with basic in-out email management. The hub rules and reminder email integration are impressive.

Also, the virtual sim they are working on to allow two active sims in one device will be a game changer imo. A lot of people that get them through work will ditch their personal phone.

I'd get about 60-70 that need read/replied etc , and that again in automated shit or generic mass mails i have rules set up to delete.

Blackberries (least the older ones that aren't touchscreen) are fucking awful, especially when typing in 10 char case sensitive passwords with special characters, those tiny keyboards are a pain in the hoop

Fucking hate blackberrys. The change in my life from entering a complex work password to a fingerprint on the iPhone is phenomenal. I think I'm saving about 20 minutes a day.

Of course, I can't wait to be high fived by all and sundry as I strut out of the shop with and a mighty erection and my overpriced piece of glass and metal.

Am I fuck, it's being delivered. I wouldn't go near an Apple store today.

Of course, I can't wait to be high fived by all and sundry as I strut out of the shop with and a mighty erection and my overpriced piece of glass and metal.

Am I fuck, it's being delivered. I wouldn't go near an Apple store today.

I'm just interested in how you find the size of it.