iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

Guest Insider

I'm a bit inexperienced with them like, only ever had a quick play about with one. What are the essential apps/settings changes etc when first setting up?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit inexperienced with them like, only ever had a quick play about with one. What are the essential apps/settings changes etc when first setting up?

Shut the fuck up then, dickhead :lol:

There's an almighty row going on at work now that the iphone is available on Orange and that's who we've got our corporate contract with. One business stream have written a 10 page justification on why we should invest in them! :lol:

It's down to our department (generally) to certify the handsets for use around the company and the general feeling is that whilst the interface is a million times better than on the Nokia E71 which is currently our standard, it has nothing that justifies the price per handset being more than double!

Anyway it's all a moot point - the Finance VP got wind that the overheads were double per unit of the model we have and declared there's no justification when we've just laid off around 100 people in one business stream alone.

Getting one from work but I can get the 8gb for nowt or pay £89 / £169 for an upgrade to the 16/32gb one. Thoughts?

I have the 8gb one and have about 20 odd albums, various audio books and the odd movie with no problems.

The movies I just exchange when I want to watch something new and music I have is fine for me.

Unless you want to keep lots of movies and complete record collections on your phone, I don't know why you would need the extra space.

However 69 quids not a lot for a safety net.

It is worth noting how much shit you put onto these phones that you'll never use.

Ie

you'll put a full album on even though you probably only really love 3 or 4 tracks from that album.

I'm having mine replaced for the second time tomorrow, first due to cracks in the case, this time due to an area of the touchscreen which has become unresponsive, which may or may not have been caused by me dropping it :lol:

Getting one from work but I can get the 8gb for nowt or pay £89 / £169 for an upgrade to the 16/32gb one. Thoughts?

Get the 16gb 3GS. The camera is better (although in fairness - still not great) but there are a number of other little features you get that arent on the 3G.

Gone for 8gb because I don't use my current phone for anything other than the odd text / call and I only use my iPod when I'm exercising and I find that's big enough (I wouldn't come close to getting my music collection on even the 32gb anyway). Plus, I've got two pretty good digital cameras that are both miles better than anything you'd get on a phone.

Ive bounced mine a few times like. So far its held up ok :lol:

On a recommendation from this thread, I bought a couple of case-mate 'barely there' covers for my two. Best £15 (each) I've spent for ages.

We were staying over at lisa's mums and I left my phone in my back pocket when I was coming to bed. Got undressed on the upstairs landing so as not to wake the bairn up (everyone was asleep I must add at this point :lol: ) and put my jeans over the landing bannister. Bounced the iphone off the stairs bannister and down onto the hall floor (laminated. not carpeted) and it slid all the way to the front door.

Not even a mark. I thought I'd have killed it.

Its upgrade time for me and Im sick of paying out for this contract, although Ive got an original 3G Im more than happy with it and dont fancy upgrading now to a 3Gs when its rumoured the new one will be out in June, plus the cheaperst upgrade contract involves me still paying £35 a month but for the next 24 months!

Im thinking of just whopping a PAYG SIM in and lobbing £15 a month on that before maybe starting a new contract later in the year.

On a recommendation from this thread, I bought a couple of case-mate 'barely there' covers for my two. Best £15 (each) I've spent for ages.

We were staying over at lisa's mums and I left my phone in my back pocket when I was coming to bed. Got undressed on the upstairs landing so as not to wake the bairn up (everyone was asleep I must add at this point :lol: ) and put my jeans over the landing bannister. Bounced the iphone off the stairs bannister and down onto the hall floor (laminated. not carpeted) and it slid all the way to the front door.

There is no feeling quite like dropping your iPhone, is there?

Talk about panic :lol:

Its upgrade time for me and Im sick of paying out for this contract, although Ive got an original 3G Im more than happy with it and dont fancy upgrading now to a 3Gs when its rumoured the new one will be out in June, plus the cheaperst upgrade contract involves me still paying £35 a month but for the next 24 months!

Im thinking of just whopping a PAYG SIM in and lobbing £15 a month on that before maybe starting a new contract later in the year.

Yeah, I'd do the same mate. 3 do one for that kind of money with free internet - ideal for an iPhone. Not sure what o2's PAYG options are if you wanted to keep your number.

Yeah, I actually went cold ;)

Not least because after all the shit I had with my Vodafone contract and what it took me to get away from them; the thought I'd broken my shiny new iphone only 6mths into my contract did not fill me with warm feelings.

I'm having mine replaced for the second time tomorrow, first due to cracks in the case, this time due to an area of the touchscreen which has become unresponsive, which may or may not have been caused by me dropping it :lol:

Any bother getting it replaced because of the crack? I've got one on the back but I assumed they'd blame me for it and not replace it.

Plus I'm reluctant to upgrade to the latest firmware version.

Yeah, I actually went cold ;)

Not least because after all the shit I had with my Vodafone contract and what it took me to get away from them; the thought I'd broken my shiny new iphone only 6mths into my contract did not fill me with warm feelings.

I was on the tube platform and was drunkenly plugging my headphones in as the train approached and the blasted thing tripped from my fingers. I could forsee it dropping between platform and train, skittering and twitching in the murk until it was crushed under a wheel it stolen by the mutant rats. It being so close but effectively gone for good. I did the juggle-and-collapse thing around it and had I trapped between the back of my left hand and the inside of my left knee and the looks of confusion and disdain on the other passengers were ignored as I basked in the adrenaline rush of saving my

phone.

I'm a bit gay for this lump of plastic and microchips.

Any bother getting it replaced because of the crack? I've got one on the back but I assumed they'd blame me for it and not replace it.

Plus I'm reluctant to upgrade to the latest firmware version.

No bother about getting replaced, mine was cracking near the data socket at the bottom and near the mute switch, apparently the early iPhone 3G's were notorious for cracking there, they changed it without any fuss, I'm now in the process of restoring my new iPhone, fuck its slow, its take 3 hours already !

Just started using Whatsapp its a great text/messenger app, it allows you to send messages free to other whatsapp users even iPhone to Blackberry, it also searches your contacts and alerts you if anyone in your contacts uses the app too, only 59p.

http://www.whatsapp.com/