Newcastle United vs West Ham United

Tom

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jonas puts in many more quality balls than the mere stats suggest, how many times have you seen him find a man in the box only to see him squander possession? One of our best players.

And Enrique is better than Riise. I'm hardly saying he's a world beater and he did give the ball away a fair number of times but he made some determined blocks, raced back to beat Bellamy to the ball on a couple of occasions and linked up well with Jonas as well as providing the first goal. Good outing.

i cant understand how teams like Stoke can hold Liverpool for 70 min without conceding a goal and our team was beaten 5-1 and we should have been beaten 10-1

are we so shit at the back or maybe we cant defend as a team!!???

i cant understand

i cant understand how teams like Stoke can hold Liverpool for 70 min without conceding a goal and our team was beaten 5-1 and we should have been beaten 10-1

are we so shit at the back or maybe we cant defend as a team!!???

i cant understand

Bassong and Beye were missing that = shite defense

We would be 2 points off 7th :icon_lol:

Theres 10 points between 7th and dead last at the minute. its so frustrating that a decent run of results instead of all the last minute draws and losses, could have seen us easily into Europe this season. As it is, with 3 of the big 4 left to play a, few wrong results and we could be royally fucked!

:icon_lol:

Whacked Sky Sports News on before and my jaw dropped when I seen we were 11th :angry:

After that!

Aye, 4 of the 9 below have a game in hand, one of those has a way way better goal difference (and lets face it, in a few weeks will be safe).

If we lose next Saturday then no matter what either Spurs or Portsmouth will definitely go above us, Middlesbrough and Man City both have a good chance of also jumping us. That would put us down to 14th, if the makems pull off a draw at home to Villa then its 15th (and bottom North East team).

If however WBA beat Boro and Spurs beat Portsmouth (and we still lose) then we could still be 12th (depending on other games going our way) but only 2 points off bottom!!!!!

pessimistic bastard that I am but after that display today (and many more before it) I wonder how we're not sitting shitting bricks with the weight of the Premier League stacked above us.

Andrew-Carroll-Newcastle-United-West-Ham-Unit_1759820.jpg

surely someone can think of a good caption for whats going through parkers mind there

"Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Me run in circle! Me kick man in different colour shirt!"

That seemed to go through his mind 99% of the time when he played for us :icon_lol:

Kinnear is clueless. For almost 90 minutes he plays with Jonas and Duff on the wrong wings. Doing it for spells in the game is one thing but making them play nearly the whole game on their wrong foot is idiotic.

That said we are fucking shite anyway espcially in midfield, Jonas wasn't great for most of the game but he was a million miles better than those other three clowns. Did Geremi kick a ball in the game except for his awfull freekicks.

Whatever money we have to spend in January I would spend it all on the midfield because with the players we have at the minute are utter shite.

Someone posted above that Enrique had a good game :icon_lol: Im sure half the people on here listen to the game on the radio

More than just someone. He was about 4,000 times better than Taylor. Noone got by him all game, and he also helped out the pace-less Argentine Coloccini on several occassions. Outpaced Bellamy quite easily in getting to a ball, stopped Carlton Cole from breaking free on more than one occasion.

If anyone that watched that game thinks that Enrique is one of the biggest problems that we have, then they clearly have no idea. He was easily one of our better players, and our best defender (Bassong gave away at least one clearcut penalty that the ref somehow missed - FFS get your hands down!).

wasn't at the game to day, but good to hear a couple of renditions of the owen songs sung out in the gods.

Thought Jonas showed some spirit and played well for the full game and i so wished his shot in the first half had sailed in, but his final ball at times is woeful. We're playing with two wingers atm who cant get a ball off the ground (bar duffs chip for the header!). Geremi is a poor mans Butt and enrique was passing to the west ham midfield most the second half.

I agree with someone's comment earlier today, Owen could learn a thing or two from bellamy in terms of runs and splitting / confusing the centre halfs, but i thought he did well toady at times to come back and act as a fifth man in midfield when it was needed.

overall a semi decent attacking performance but again showed how easy we can be picked off at the back at home more so than away at the moment!

in july i thougth enrique was the worst player on the first 11, but hes done well recent matches. All he needs to get rid off is the way he likes to pass easy balls to the opposition. Hes never gonna be magnificent, but gets the job done in defence, at least compared to the rest of the team. The main reason our defense is so shit atm tho is mainly cos its a 4man defence at times, CMs barely help out, on several occasions ive seen them all stand around like mummies while getting run around. Also i think kinnear needs to do some defensive set-piece training cos atm we're awful on them, especially corners.

I think Enrique is arguably the defender who we should invest the most in because, if he can get his wayward passing under control, he'd be great. Unlike Taylor and his complete lack of quality Enrique does look potentially a decent player so I hope we don't let him go in favour of JAR.

I wish Taylor, with his pointing and shouting, would fuck off as I do think he confuses the whole issue of defending. When Beye is in we look more comfortable but the minute Taylor plays there the defence ships a dodgy goal.

Pretty Average Result but a few good positives, Enrique is becoming a better defender and if he can learn to pass the ball he will be a Good player for the future.

I was most impressed with Carroll, Not just his goal but the times where he held up the ball extremely well.

I'll take a draw but we need to get jonas on some finishing practice.

We have the players, pay the wages and charge the fans the prices that sugesst the same. For that I expect us to be beating teams like West Ham at home

Hi all. West Ham fan here. Resident of Newcastle.

Not here to stir, just contribute :angry:

Went to the game today, was in the Toon end as our away allocation was sold out.

Overall thought it was pretty even. I too thought your disallowed goal shouldn't have been.

I do take issue with the quote above though. I mean who do you 'expect' to beat? We were above you in the table going into this game. It's very foolish especially in the EPL to think that there is any team that you 'should' be beating.

All our issues at the moment are off, rather than on the pitch. Sure, I could do with a proper out-and-out striker but other than that, our management are doing a fantastic job.

One thing I will say though - a few thousand cockneys outsang you for large sections :icon_lol: