Given signs for Man City

Matty

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been allowed to speak to Man City according to Sky, so looks like a fee has been agreed :crying:

The way City haggle these days that'll take a while....

MH: How does 60 grand a week suit you?

SG: Well I was hoping for a little more..

MH: Ok then make it 120 grand a week?

SG: Thanks

Is Peter Ridsdale at City ?? :rolleyes:

Let's hope it's the right price, and by that I mean north of the fees for Gomes and Gordan.

Gomez was £7m and Gordon was £9m were they not? I think Shay will be right between the 2 of them.

FWIW - both the examples above were vastly over-priced. Just because Spurs and Sunderland were stupid enough to pay over the odds, doesn't increase Shay's value IMO. £8m would be about right.

I hope he wins fuck all there.

prob won't

but that aside would you want to stay at the club the way it is now after being there so long?

i wouldn't :/ lads been loyal, and our club is a total and utter shambles currently and it hardly looks like getting better

mightn't be the most ambitious move going to city, but they will be a damm sight more competitive than were going to be for the foreseeable future

I support Newcastle not players/managers/owners.

He's had 10+ years on great money and he's left us in the shite. I know it's a minority view but I don't hope everything's rosey for him somewhere else.

As much as I despise the idea, they're slowly building a decent setup there and what's gutting of all is it could so easily have been us had they not turned their attentions to Citeh.

As for the comment about him being ours... well he was until the club dicked him around one time too many. :rolleyes:

prob won't

but that aside would you want to stay at the club the way it is now after being there so long?

i wouldn't :/ lads been loyal, and our club is a total and utter shambles currently and it hardly looks like getting better

mightn't be the most ambitious move going to city, but they will be a damm sight more competitive than were going to be for the foreseeable future

He's had 10+ years on great money and he's left us in the shite. I know it's a minority view but I don't hope everything's rosey for him somewhere else.

it's a minority view for a reason, we've had very few loyal players like shay over the last while and the amount of soap opera those few have had for fuck all return lately is unreal.

Granted i agree with ya about him going to city, tbh i'd have liked to have seen him at arsenal for some reason

City won't really win anything, but they're trying buy players, good ones and progress... were selling our good ones and bringing in the likes of nolan from teams constantly floating around the relegation zone.

Why would anyone who is an international star and rated to be one of the best in their position want to stay at our club when they see they see the likes of Xisco and these other virtual unknowns coming in, let alone loan signings who are fcking injured.

Man City would have come back in for him in the summer. Fact of the matter is he's fucking off because things aren't all rosy. I wouldn't begrudge him a summer move at all, but he's fucking off when we need him most. Loyalty, my arse.

City won't really win anything

6 years ago we were saying the same about Chelsea....

You cannot make that claim - if they attract decent players such as Robinho, Given and dare I say it, Bellamy then others will follow.

They are the club on the move - no doubt about that. Top 4 will soon be the top 5/6.

prob won't

it's a minority view for a reason, we've had very few loyal players like shay over the last while and the amount of soap opera those few have had for fuck all return lately is unreal.

Granted i agree with ya about him going to city, tbh i'd have liked to have seen him at arsenal for some reason

City won't really win anything, but they're trying buy players, good ones and progress... were selling our good ones and bringing in the likes of nolan from teams constantly floating around the relegation zone.

Why would anyone who is an international star and rated to be one of the best in their position want to stay at our club when they see they see the likes of Xisco and these other virtual unknowns coming in, let alone loan signings who are fcking injured.

Man City would have come back in for him in the summer. Fact of the matter is he's fucking off because things aren't all rosy. I wouldn't begrudge him a summer move at all, but he's fucking off when we need him most. Loyalty, my arse.

I'm generally in agreement with you mate but not on this one. He owes us fuck all tbh.

I know he's been here 11 years and been a great keeper for us. But I'm sure if one of the top 4 had been in for him at any stage during that time, he'd have been off. This is his 2nd transfer request in that time, and he's leaving us in the middle of a relegation fight.

The only positives I can think of are that he's picking up more and more injuries recently, he's 32, Harper isn't a bad kepper and the money should be decent(as long as it isn't pocketed).

You cannot make that claim - if they attract decent players such as Robinho, Given and dare I say it, Bellamy then others will follow.

They are the club on the move - no doubt about that. Top 4 will soon be the top 5/6.

well i kind of meant any time soon (more saying they won't win anything with Hughes there tbh)

with that money if they get in a better manager I think they will attract more players and start challanging.

Hughes just isn't used to having big stars with talent, and he can't play his grind out the result tactics with them ..

Take the irish flag tinted glasses off for a second Ant.

He's right. We need Given more than ever as we face a fight to stay in this division. Whats 6 more months? Citeh aren't going to win anything this season, they'll get top 6 at best. Why not stick it out at Newcastle, do his best to keep a club he supposedly loves in the top flight, then make his much coveted move away. That would be loyalty. I'm disappointed that he's so keen to join citeh. If it was a top 4 club and he wanted to go now I think I would understand it more, but not this move. Bad form.

Krull was recalled, shays off to city ,

mike ashleys a cunt

Wouldn't mind seeing more of Krul TBF

If the deal is good let Given go i think. a few mil and a player

I agree actually

yer we should get johnson and a few mil, only doubt is johnsons fitness he seems to get injured alot like the rest of our squad

well i kind of meant any time soon (more saying they won't win anything with Hughes there tbh)

with that money if they get in a better manager I think they will attract more players and start challanging.

Hughes just isn't used to having big stars with talent, and he can't play his grind out the result tactics with them ..

He's right. We need Given more than ever as we face a fight to stay in this division. Whats 6 more months? Citeh aren't going to win anything this season, they'll get top 6 at best. Why not stick it out at Newcastle, do his best to keep a club he supposedly loves in the top flight, then make his much coveted move away. That would be loyalty. I'm disappointed that he's so keen to join citeh. If it was a top 4 club and he wanted to go now I think I would understand it more, but not this move. Bad form.

I begrudge him nothing, 11 great years, a model professional. good luck to him and well done getting out of this shithole of a club.

I begrudge him nothing, 11 great years, a model professional. good luck to him and well done getting out of this shithole of a club.

Hear hear.

There is never a good time to lose a player like Given and lets face it he could and should've went years ago. Hope he gets the medals he deserves.

B)