Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29/02/2012 Single To Win R Van Persie @ 13/8 Anytime Goalscorer England v Holland Pending £8.00

29/02/2012 Single To Win Draw / Holland @ 5/1 Half-Time/Full-Time England v Holland Pending £5.00

:good:

That's Horseshit. :rant:

29/02/2012 Single To Win R Van Persie @ 13/8 Anytime Goalscorer England v Holland Pending £8.00

29/02/2012 Single To Win Draw / Holland @ 5/1 Half-Time/Full-Time England v Holland Pending £5.00

:good:

That's Horseshit. :rant:

:gettin:

:lol:

Thought England looked half decent at points tonight. Wouldn't mind Pearce getting the job full time. He played an exciting side tonight, and with his U21 experience he would hopefully blood in some youngsters who would at least show a little bit of passion. Gerrard was crap and Barry shouldn't ever play for England again. Still, it is at least a little bit promising...

Guest CabayeAye

Thought England looked half decent at points tonight. Wouldn't mind Pearce getting the job full time. He played an exciting side tonight, and with his U21 experience he would hopefully blood in some youngsters who would at least show a little bit of passion. Gerrard was crap and Barry shouldn't ever play for England again. Still, it is at least a little bit promising...

Looking at the players he picked, he'd need a miracle to win a trophy with those clowns.

Smalling? Welbeck? Young? Fucking hell...

Guest CabayeAye

Get used to it, they're England's future. Who would you have chosen instead?

That's the problem, the alternatives are shite too.

England, in the first half, were so negative its incredible. I know football is about possession and patience, especially at the higher levels, but they fannied around playing so many passes in their own half, with Parker running from right to left telling people where to pass the ball. The Dutch were much more incisive and quick, they were the best team.

I get the impression someone has told Stuart Pearce he's a manager in waiting and he actually believes them. He shouldn't get anywhere near that job.

I know Pearce was saying he won't be in contention for the job though.

:lol: Like we needed the heads-up. I like Pearce for the most part, but he seems to have carved a canny post playing career for himself on the basis of bulldog spirit alone.

Starting 4-5-1 at home with Parker and Barry says it all really.

England are terrible, amazed we managed to score twice! Welbeck isn't lone striker at all.

4231 isn't the same as 451. Spain won a world cup with that formation and a front 4 of Sturridge, Welbeck, Johnson and Young is hardly defensive minded

Starting 4-5-1 at home with Parker and Barry says it all really. England are terrible, amazed we managed to score twice! Welbeck isn't lone striker at all.
4231 isn't the same as 451. Spain won a world cup with that formation and a front 4 of Sturridge, Welbeck, Johnson and Young is hardly defensive minded

Fuck me its Andy Townsend in his "tactics truck" :lol:

Perhaps you'd like to pont out the salient differences between the two for the benefit of the unenlightened i.e. me

Starting 4-5-1 at home with Parker and Barry says it all really. England are terrible, amazed we managed to score twice! Welbeck isn't lone striker at all.

Fuck me its Andy Townsend in his "tactics truck" :lol:

Perhaps you'd like to pont out the salient differences between the two for the benefit of the unenlightened i.e. me

Well 4-2-3-1 is generally played with two defensive midfielders just in front of the back four. 4-5-1 is a more linear formation with 5 players playing roughly level with eachother across the middle of the park.

The 4-5 minutes in the 1st half where Barry, Parker, Smalling and Cahill passed it between each other in the England half was actually painful only for Cahill to lump it forward and promptly see it headed back to him.

Without a packed out pub, several pints of alcoholic beverage and a major tournament atmosphere, England games are always awful......even with all those things it can tend to be like that.

Fifa has launched an investigation after former England manager Peter Taylor's Bahrain side beat Indonesia 10-0 in a World Cup qualifier.

Bahrain needed to overturn a nine-goal deficit to stand any chance of progressing to the next stage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17220640

Superb

Edited by Happy Face

Fifa has launched an investigation after former England manager Peter Taylor's Bahrain side beat Indonesia 10-0 in a World Cup qualifier.

Bahrain needed to overturn a nine-goal deficit to stand any chance of progressing to the next stage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17220640

Superb

Aye i saw that. This story coupled with Gerrard being crocked again makes SSN enjoyable to watch today

Edited by ADP

Without a packed out pub, several pints of alcoholic beverage and a major tournament atmosphere, England games are always awful......even with all those things it can tend to be like that.

I'll be hugely surprised if we get out of the group. I'll have to endure another 2 weeks of piss taking from the Krauts.

Starting 4-5-1 at home with Parker and Barry says it all really.

England are terrible, amazed we managed to score twice! Welbeck isn't lone striker at all.

Comparing us to Spain!

The way we were set out negated the four up top as Gerrard was basically the only link between defence and attack. I didn't notice him at all until he was subbed off injured, and it's not as if things sailed on smoothly from then on.

Parker and Barry offer nothing going forward. Did Barry even touch the ball in the first half? Seemed like Parker was the only one filling out the DM role.

Welbeck up top on his own was never going to work. Pair him with Sturridge as they're probably the two best striking options available at present.