Other games

Park Life

I see that Mourinho still has his knack of making a spectacle:

The Internazionale coach, José Mourinho, again spoke of his distaste for Italian football on the eve of his side's Champions League quarter-final first leg against CSKA Moscow. "I am very happy at Inter but not in Italian football," the former Chelsea coach told Sky Sports. Asked why, he said: "Because I don't like it and it doesn't like me, simple."

Mourinho went on to say he missed England, fuelling rumours of a return next season.

The thing is, where would he go in the Prem?

Manure will stick with Sir Fuckwit.

Shity have Mancini.

He won't go back to Chelsea.

Arsenal will stick with The Professor (and the board won't be willing to spend the type of money Mourinho would want at his disposal)

He won't want to be be playing in the Europa League (or worse) like Liverpool will be in. And, again, no money to spend.

Spurs have 'arry.

And there's nowhere else he'd be willing to go.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that Mourinho still has his knack of making a spectacle:
The Internazionale coach, José Mourinho, again spoke of his distaste for Italian football on the eve of his side's Champions League quarter-final first leg against CSKA Moscow. "I am very happy at Inter but not in Italian football," the former Chelsea coach told Sky Sports. Asked why, he said: "Because I don't like it and it doesn't like me, simple."

Mourinho went on to say he missed England, fuelling rumours of a return next season.

The thing is, where would he go in the Prem?

Manure will stick with Sir Fuckwit.

Shity have Mancini.

He won't go back to Chelsea.

Arsenal will stick with The Professor (and the board won't be willing to spend the type of money Mourinho would want at his disposal)

He won't want to be be playing in the Europa League (or worse) like Liverpool will be in. And, again, no money to spend.

Spurs have 'arry.

And there's nowhere else he'd be willing to go.

There was a fairly serious sounding rumour doing the rounds that he'd be back at Chelsea next season depending on how Ancelotti gets on in the coming months and I reckon if Man City don't make the CL then Mancini's job may be under threat. Still, he's far more likely to go to Real Madrid in the summer imo.

Edited by TicTacWoe

There was a fairly serious sounding rumour doing the rounds that he'd be back at Chelsea next season depending on how Ancelotti gets on in the coming months and I reckon if Man City don't make the CL then Mancini's job may be under threat. Still, he's far more likely to go to Real Madrid in the summer imo.

Yeah, I think if he doesn't go to Real Madrid he's in with a chance of going to Man City assuming they don't finish 4th (which will be the end of Mancini).

"Mate if it was anyone other than Spurs standing in our way I'd be worried. If it were Man City, Villa or even Everton above us we'd be fucked. But not Spurs. Failure is in their blood."

By virtue of their games in hand Man City are potentially above Liverpool. Of all the teams mentioned the one I'd be least worried about are Villa. Tottenham may have a history of bottling it, but I think their current side is far and away the best Tottenham side of recent times. What will test them is the patch where they play three top teams in a row. I guess Liverpool are relying on that to be the stumbling block that allows them to surge to the top. In the meantime though Man City if they play to their abilities should be able to glide effortlessly by Liverpool into either 4th or 5th depending on how Tottenham does against the big boys.

I wasn't agreeing with him, I don't think Liverpool will make fourth. I just liked the turn of phrase about spurs. :D

Mancini and Ancelloti are in no way guaranteed to be there next season.

I don't know if Mourinho and Abramovic get on though. Regardless, if there was a sniff of him being available Mancini would be out on his arse.

Edited by Barney

Guest Barrack Road

I've never ever ever seen a start to a game like this, 15 mins gone and Arsenal should be 0-8 down, not 0-5, EIGHT NIL DOWN, Almunia having the game of his life, fuckin hell and as I type another chance, never seen an away team dominate like this for ages. 0-0 unbelievable.

Mancini will be worried, whilst Carlo will have to look out for a return for Hiddink, or Van Basten or maybe even Rjikaard. I just can't see him moving to the red bin dippers as they are a really fading force with little money and fewer prospects.

Guest Barrack Road

Class game. Look at it like this. Arsenal would outclass us home and away right now, totally, and they have just been utterly outclassed by the same margins, which really tells you how good Barcelona are. See their kids too, Busquets, Pedro etc.... they just come from no where, why is it they never end up with the David Beharall's of the world? Different class Barcelona they deserve to win the Champions League on that showing. When they're in the zone, you have to consider the current set as one of the greatest teams in history. The radge game that football is though, they'll have a shit defence with Puyol and Pique now suspended and Arsenal have a tiny squeak at least.

I think Bendtner was superb tonight, absolutely superb, proving many people wrong, and it just shows how players can develop when a manager has faith in them. Carroll can be every bit as good in time.

Class game. Look at it like this. Arsenal would outclass us home and away right now, totally, and they have just been utterly outclassed by the same margins, which really tells you how good Barcelona are. See their kids too, Busquets, Pedro etc.... they just come from no where, why is it they never end up with the David Beharall's of the world? Different class Barcelona they deserve to win the Champions League on that showing. When they're in the zone, you have to consider the current set as one of the greatest teams in history. The radge game that football is though, they'll have a shit defence with Puyol and Pique now suspended and Arsenal have a tiny squeak at least.

I think Bendtner was superb tonight, absolutely superb, proving many people wrong, and it just shows how players can develop when a manager has faith in them. Carroll can be every bit as good in time.

There's a good read on the Guardian site about Barca developing Fabregas/Pique/Messi etc.

Edited by Barney

The radge game that football is though, they'll have a shit defence with Puyol and Pique now suspended and Arsenal have a tiny squeak at least.

unless marquez is injured they still have milito and marquez to play there in the return, both international cbs.

Think they'll pass Arsenal to death at Camp Nou like. Like Stevie says though, Arsenal have given themselves a chance, albeit a small one.

The radge game that football is though, they'll have a shit defence with Puyol and Pique now suspended and Arsenal have a tiny squeak at least.

unless marquez is injured they still have milito and marquez to play there in the return, both international cbs.

and they got yaya toure who played there in the champs league final last year

and they got yaya toure who played there in the champs league final last year

And was fucking immense there.