Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United

bobbyshinton

17 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I struggle to believe we couldn't have found a half decent mercenary manager from abroad for £5mil a season 

I am a mercenary and live abroad.  I would have done it for half that (and couldn't really have done a worse job).

Apparently we’ve only had a worse points record than we currently have now once in our PL history, and we got relegated that season. 

Bruces latest quote in the Ronny Gill:

"You have to pick up enough points and over the last six games we have shown signs we are doing OK."

1 win, 3 losses, and 2 draws from those 6, carry that form out across an entire season and it’d get you 32 points which would see you relegated in all bar 1 PL season. We’ve dropped like a fucking stone since Xmas when we had a double digit gap over the relegation zone yet this embarrassment still has the gall to stand there and act like we’ve had a decent season, and we’ll just see where we end up eh. The press actually wonder why our fan base was excited about the potential takeover while knowing our current owner appointed this fucking tit. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Apparently we’ve only had a worse points record than we currently have now once in our PL history, and we got relegated that season. 

Bruces latest quote in the Ronny Gill:

"You have to pick up enough points and over the last six games we have shown signs we are doing OK."

1 win, 3 losses, and 2 draws from those 6, carry that form out across an entire season and it’d get you 32 points which would see you relegated in all bar 1 PL season. We’ve dropped like a fucking stone since Xmas when we had a double digit gap over the relegation zone yet this embarrassment still has the gall to stand there and act like we’ve had a decent season, and we’ll just see where we end up eh. The press actually wonder why our fan base was excited about the potential takeover while knowing our current owner appointed this fucking tit. 

We’ve ‘shown signs’ though. Funny how the performances didn’t seem to matter when we were playing shite but still picking up enough points somehow. Now they’re relevant apparently. I wouldn’t mind so much if it was even true. But we're still absolutely dire to watch but devoid of that good fortune and our ability to rely almost completely on Wilson from a goal scoring point of view. 

• Like 2

not doing himself any favours by persisting with goal-intolerant joelinton. may as well stick gayle and carroll up there instead of sticking with that waste of a shirt

3 hours ago, Howay said:

We’ve dropped like a fucking stone since Xmas when we had a double digit gap over the relegation zone yet this embarrassment still has the gall to stand there and act like we’ve had a decent season, and we’ll just see where we end up eh. The press actually wonder why our fan base was excited about the potential takeover while knowing our current owner appointed this fucking tit. 

Let's not forget this cracker on 15th January.

“The gloves are off now… I’m going to do it my way now.

Before doing it 'his way' this season: 1.1 ppg

After doing it 'his way': 0.8ppg

It doesn't seem like much but to put it in context, those ppg over a full season last season were the difference between finishing reasonably comfortably in 15th and finishing second from bottom in the table.

• Like 4

"Of course. I’ve said it many, many times.

"The buck stops with me.

"I understand that, totally.

"Now the top 10 was (a target), probably because we finished 13th, and we would like to improve on what we accomplished last year.

"I think, with the problems we’ve had, and certainly when I analyse the season, and now’s not the particular time, but we were going along very, very nicely until Covid hit, and then the injuries to big players.

"It’s been a real, big problem to handle.

"So that’s what it is.

That’s what we’ve been dealt with."

Steve Bruce with his weekly 'Of course I take responsibility but let me explain why none of this is my fault.'

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Let's not forget this cracker on 15th January.

Before doing it 'his way' this season: 1.1 ppg

After doing it 'his way': 0.8ppg

It doesn't seem like much but to put it in context, those ppg over a full season last season were the difference between finishing reasonably comfortably in 15th and finishing second from bottom in the table.

Thats a spectacular self-own. Even at the time and without the benefit of hindsight it's either an admission that he has no authority or just further proof that he's a complete shit-merchant.

Still mind-blowing how he can get work at this level. Wonder how the interview went? 

"So Steve, I see you've managed a few other clubs in the Premier League over your managerial career already. Tell us about your achievements there and why you're the right man for this job."

"Well, I didn't get Wigan relegated and they went on to achieve great things after they replaced me with Spanish fella."

• Like 3

It’s still amazing that when he was literally saying it’s time to do things my way, a lot of journalists just sort of accepted that despite the fact he’d had 2 full pre-seasons and one and a half seasons as manager by that point :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Howay said:

It’s still amazing that when he was literally saying it’s time to do things my way, a lot of journalists just sort of accepted that despite the fact he’d had 2 full pre-seasons and one and a half seasons as manager by that point :lol: 

Especially when Bruce’s record shows that the longer he is at a club, the worse it gets in every way.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Steve Bruce with his weekly 'Of course I take responsibility but let me explain why none of this is my fault.'

It always strikes me how dog shit managers like Bruce always act as if injuries are some kind of act of God.

Firstly they are fairly predictable and all clubs get injuries; secondly a decent club plans for injuries and invests in the squad and medical facilities to cushion the impact. Thirdly neanderthal managers like Bruce overplay the few decent players they have or rush them back from injury with predictable results.

There will always be an element of luck with injuries but well run clubs arent crippled by them. The difference between Benitez and Bruce’s injury record is probably massive (cba to check).

Bruce’s only real bad luck with injuries this season, apart from COVID casualties that everyone has had to contend with, is that Shelvey and Joelinton have usually been fit to play.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kitman said:

Bruce’s only real bad luck with injuries this season, apart from COVID casualties that everyone has had to contend with, is that Shelvey and Joelinton have usually been fit to play.

:icon_lol:

15 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Thats a spectacular self-own. Even at the time and without the benefit of hindsight it's either an admission that he has no authority or just further proof that he's a complete shit-merchant.

Still mind-blowing how he can get work at this level. Wonder how the interview went? 

"So Steve, I see you've managed a few other clubs in the Premier League over your managerial career already. Tell us about your achievements there and why you're the right man for this job."

"Well, I didn't get Wigan relegated and they went on to achieve great things after they replaced me with Spanish fella."

I imagine the extent of the hiring process was Ashley figuring out who he could lumber the Saudis and us with as a spiteful piece of work on the way out, the fat cunt. Not like one of his grand schemes to backfire, the Scooby Doo villain-aping shithouse.

Also has bitch boy Edwards still got any tables that try to show Bruce is doing a better job than Benitez? Or has he finally given up on the FUCKING RIDICULOUS argument of implying the second worst manager in the PL era is better than a league and CL winning manager?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Also has bitch boy Edwards still got any tables that try to show Bruce is doing a better job than Benitez? Or has he finally given up on the FUCKING RIDICULOUS argument of implying the second worst manager in the PL era is better than a league and CL winning manager?

His latest argument was that historically Newcastle did better when they didn’t sack the manager.

It is not about serious journalism anymore but just trying to find reasons to stick up for a mate.

• Like 2

• Andrew changed the title to Fat waste of space, tactically inept cabbage head Steve Bruce sacked by Newcastle United