World Cup bids for 2018 and 2022

dbsweeney

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33050289

Almost want to see it just to see how bad it is, fuck knows what Tim Roth was thinking having anything to do with it :lol:

Tim Roth was probably thinking along the same lines as Michael Caine when starring in 'Jaws. The Revenge'.

“I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.”

:lol:

I expect to see more countries to follow with this sentiment. Worried though many will not follow through.

In the current volatile environment, FFA can give no consideration to bidding for any Fifa tournament."

Fifas problems are deep-rooted and tangled in a culture that has developed over decades. Until such time that the existing governance model is overhauled, its hard to imagine the circumstances in which FFA would put Australia forward as a bidding nation.

• 3 weeks later...

So he's going to heaven and anyone that accuses him of being corrupt should go to jail. Okay, Sepp...

“I have a clean conscience,” he said in an interview with German magazine Bunte.

“If somebody accuses me of being corrupt, I ask him whether he knows the meaning of that word. Whoever calls me corrupt will have to prove it, but nobody can prove that because I am not corrupt.
“I am open to correct or positive criticism. I can use that to reconsider if I need to change in the future. But if anybody calls me corrupt because Fifa is corrupt, I can only shake my head. Everybody who says something like that should go to jail.
Blatter added: “My faith has given me strength during the last week. I am a religious person and pray, too. I own a golden cross that has been blessed by Pope Francis. I believe I will go to heaven one day. But I believe there is no hell. I disagree with the pope on that.”

I'd say there is probably a mountain of evidence of Blatter's corruption.

Blatter's latest foray back into the spotlight strikes me as desperation. It wouldn't surprise me if something/someone came out in the next few weeks. This could be Blatter trying to get in first, knowing that its coming.

The guy is an outright moron if you ask me so I don't expect him to have been smart enough to have covered his tracks. As soon as people starting talking like this:

Blatter

"I am a religious person and pray, too. I own a golden cross that has been blessed by Pope Francis. I believe I will go to heaven one day. But I believe there is no hell. I disagree with the Pope on that."

.. I automatically conclude they are incredibly stupid.

No offence to religious people but your beliefs are foolish and they make you look foolish.

I dunno. The fact he's stayed so long at the top makes me think he's as cunning as a weasel/fox/snake hybrid. Plus he's a lawyer by trade. I fully expect there to be a mountain of anecdotal evidence against him but I'd be surprised if he left a smoking gun anywhere on paper. Theres no doubt hes a titanic arsehole who's full of shit, as his latest self righteous blatherings demonstrate. I hope he goes to jail.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't believe it when I saw Lee Nelson described as a comedian. I thought talentless cunt was the pre approved description of him!

That photo will be used forever with Blatter now though. Paddypower have already mocked up a crystal maze version.