Official Match Thread: Stoke 1-1 Newcastle United

JawD

everyone's saying the same thing, when i say it you guys all start crying and calling me condescending and all sorts of nonsense. i said get jonas on, it'll help and it did. i said all your midfielders are shit, and they are, and everyone's saying the same thing. i said if u have good midfielder (jonas), even average strikers (carrol) can score, and that's what happened. i said the starting team was all wrong and shearer wasn't going for the win, and he wasn't. now all you guys are saying the same thing as well. maybe you should be a little more tolerant and accepting, it's not like i'm some others here like danny who only come on here to wind you up. you all end up agreeing with what i'm saying eventually

maybe if you changed the tone of your "contribution" people may take your opinion as less of an insult.

nobody likes to hear bad things said about their club, so how would you feel if you were in our position and had some condescending fan telling you how things should be.

It's called tact and consideration.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a great point. It's all working out according to my predictions on the BBC predictor :lol:

2 wins and 2 draws from 6 games will be enough.

I've already written off the Spurs game mind.

everyone's saying the same thing, when i say it you guys all start crying and calling me condescending and all sorts of nonsense. i said get jonas on, it'll help and it did. i said all your midfielders are shit, and they are, and everyone's saying the same thing. i said if u have good midfielder (jonas), even average strikers (carrol) can score, and that's what happened. i said the starting team was all wrong and shearer wasn't going for the win, and he wasn't. now all you guys are saying the same thing as well. maybe you should be a little more tolerant and accepting, it's not like i'm some others here like danny who only come on here to wind you up. you all end up agreeing with what i'm saying eventually

Your posts are redundant. You're saying what everyone already knows, then acting like you're some form of nostradamus. Post something worthwhile, or don't post anything at all.

There's enough actual fans discussing the obvious troubles at the club on the forum as it is without you chipping in with your words of 'wisdom'.

maybe if you changed the tone of your "contribution" people may take your opinion as less of an insult.

nobody likes to hear bad things said about their club, so how would you feel if you were in our position and had some condescending fan telling you how things should be.

Yep.

Fuck off you plastic glory hunting twat.

The biggest problem today imo was our invisible trio of central midfielders Butt, Nolan and Guthrie, between them they contributed less than Jonas did in his time on as a sub (and I'm by no means a big Jonas fan). That said, I still think Guthrie of the three was the most unlucky to be subbed as Butt and Nolan are as as slow as fuck and show no creativity these days whatsoever. Butt has been passed it for years and Nolan has lost most of the ability and promise he once had.

How far away is Barton?[/clutches straws]

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

The biggest problem today imo was our invisible trio of central midfielders Butt, Nolan and Guthrie, between them they contributed less than Jonas did in his time on as a sub (and I'm by no means a big Jonas fan). That said, I still think Guthrie of the three was the most unlucky to be subbed as Butt and Nolan are as as slow as fuck and show no creativity these days whatsoever. Butt has been passed it for years and Nolan has lost most of the ability and promise he once had.

How far away is Barton?[/clutches straws]

Don't know, but I reckon he would have ended up with a yellow card at the very least today. Stoke play neanderthal football with 'land of the giants' players, so I doubt Barton would have been a happy chappie.

Edgar looked pretty decent, anyway

as an 'edgarfan', i am glad that he finally got an opportunity to play closer to his natural position in the central defence....until now every appearance had been on the right, where i dont think he is very strong...he is too slow and his weakness is defending forwards running beside him on the wing...he is strong meeting the ball face to face and he has a good presence in the box forward and defending....hopefully he gets more chances to play in the middle where i think he can be a strong player in the future....

he seemed confident, which he has not been when playing right back...he tends to make dumb passes and poor decisions in that position.

caroll should play from now on...let the kids have a go...the old guys certainly have not been up to the challenge....bravo to shearer for trying something new.

Edited by edgarfan

I think hes safe there like. :lol:

next week:

-----------------Harper-------------

-----Beye------Edgar----Bassong-

-Taylor------------------------Duff---

----------Guthrie---Butt-------------

----------------Guti------------------

-----------Owen----Carroll----------

next week:

-----------------Harper-------------

-----Beye------Edgar----Bassong-

-Taylor------------------------Duff---

----------Guthrie---Butt-------------

----------------Guti------------------

-----------Owen----Carroll----------

I think the less said about 3 at the back the better. If Stoke could play football they would have torn that to shreds. Lennon will have a field day with that next weekend.

I must admit that my faith in Shearer took a little downward turn when he started Amoeba and left Spiderman on the bench.

I would have thought Shearer would have started Carroll after his showing in the reserve match and scoring 2 goals.

If you were like me, you must have been elated by all the positive stuff in the newspapers and expected a far better show that we were subjected to for best part of the game.

I am grateful for the point although it hasn't helped our cause and now the Boro is up our arse with their win.

I honestly expected us to come out of the starting blocks today as though we meant to win the relay but from the start it looked like we had left the baton in the tunnel.

Harper didn't look that good even though he made a couple of saves.

Dropping Colo was a good thing because of his declining form but the defence were still like a sieve with enlarged holes.

Nolan, was he playing today?

Butt? but what can I say about him.

Amoeba should not have started, the first or the second half.

The game changed dramatically when Jonas and Carroll were brought into play, we could have knicked it even if we didn't deserve it.

a poor impersonation of me. I'm always right, not you.

You're a barcelona fan or something too, so you can't possibly know as much as me either. You're also wrong about Colocinni, he has been pretty useless and has never played as well as his first game.

I must admit that my faith in Shearer took a little downward turn when he started Amoeba and left Spiderman on the bench.

I would have thought Shearer would have started Carroll after his showing in the reserve match and scoring 2 goals.

If you were like me, you must have been elated by all the positive stuff in the newspapers and expected a far better show that we were subjected to for best part of the game.

I am grateful for the point although it hasn't helped our cause and now the Boro is up our arse with their win.

I honestly expected us to come out of the starting blocks today as though we meant to win the relay but from the start it looked like we had left the baton in the tunnel.

Harper didn't look that good even though he made a couple of saves.

Dropping Colo was a good thing because of his declining form but the defence were still like a sieve with enlarged holes.

Nolan, was he playing today?

Butt? but what can I say about him.

Amoeba should not have started, the first or the second half.

The game changed dramatically when Jonas and Carroll were brought into play, we could have knicked it even if we didn't deserve it.

still think we were shit under the Halls and Shepherd then Noelie, or is it because you were hibernating for the most part between 1955 and 1992 ?