Newcastle United 0-0 Portsmouth FC

snakehips

Butt wasnt great but Owen was worse. Guthries and Smiths passing was horrific too. Carroll did more in 20 mins than Owens managed this year

Butt is useless.. never rated him TBH purely on giving away unneeded free kicks and poor passing/distribution. Owen is useless and to be honest looks like he knows he only has 4 weeks left and is sulking, but then judging by Martin's attempts at goal recently we need someone who can get a goal, but lets be honest no one up front is getting any service. Smith on the radio sounded a brighter player, but then was that BBC commentary..? Tempted to say go down.. stick youngsters in and get rid of dross in the club, but then worry that we will free fall..

especially with wage contracts.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back, we're effectively down, I'm gutted. This is what optimism does to you, I had foolishly led myself to believe we could capitalise on this weekend's other results. :unsure:

The worst thing for me was the last 20 minutes or so when we simply gave up. Shearer has done his best but has inherited a bunch of gutless twats imo. During the last few minutes, it seemed our entire team was hiding, not one of these over-paid mercenaries wanted the ball. Bunch of cowardly cunts the lot of them, they deserve to go down, we don't deserve this though.

Oh and admin, do the sensible thing and ban that wind up merchant cunt Danny B now or I fear your readership will drop significantly. That twat will still be gloating over us in the Championship for whatever his reason is, just get rid of him. :razz:

excellent post

ditto

Just back, we're effectively down, I'm gutted. This is what optimism does to you, I had foolishly led myself to believe we could capitalise on this weekend's other results. :unsure:

The worst thing for me was the last 20 minutes or so when we simply gave up. Shearer has done his best but has inherited a bunch of gutless twats imo. During the last few minutes, it seemed our entire team was hiding, not one of these over-paid mercenaries wanted the ball. Bunch of cowardly cunts the lot of them, they deserve to go down, we don't deserve this though.

Oh and admin, do the sensible thing and ban that wind up merchant cunt Danny B now or I fear your readership will drop significantly. That twat will still be gloating over us in the Championship for whatever his reason is, just get rid of him. :razz:

excellent post

ditto

double ditto

*Beth?*

The TV commentator I was listening to had it right when he said Newcastle were toothless.

The opportunities to score a winning goal were there but it was painful to watch them being missed.

First half belonged to us but if you're not going to score it's pointless, unless they don't score either and you get one when you need three.

Towards the end I thought Pompey were going to pull one out of the bag as we were abysmal at keeping the ball.

How many times have we seen Enrique boot the ball too long and to no one?

Martins was woefull, so was Owen, and Colo? well he looked as if he didn't want the ball and Bassong kept giving it to him.

In the first half I thought maybe we can pull this off, but as the game progressed my hopes faded.

I've convinced myself we don't have a snowballs chance to stay up now.

Cant be arsed to write anything meaningful. Ive remained positive until now. Cant believe they gave up. More fight and determination in a pensioners egg and spoon race.

Was looking forward with nervous anticipation to this all day at work, only to come home and find out my stream recording thing hadn't worked. Gutted until I saw the result.

...almost glad now that I didn't have to sit through what was by all accounts 90 minutes of fucking overpaid worthless scum running around in my club's shirt. We are down. Thanks for everything, Mike.

Butt's performance was decent in the context of Nicky Butt in 2009. That being, he wasn't quite as horrific as usual. But really, the man is totally finished at the top level and was woeful tonight. No belief, no passion and relegation is just a fitting end to the circus we've been for too long now. It's like watching retards throw ice cubes at the sun.

Edited by Stiva

Butt's performance was decent in the context of Nicky Butt in 2009. That being, he wasn't quite as horrific as usual. But really, the man is totally finished at the top level and was woeful tonight. No belief, no passion and relegation is just a fitting end to the circus we've been for too long now. It's like watching retards throw ice cubes at the sun.

:unsure:

For me Martins is as finished as Owen and Butt.

The way he was caught by Distin and Campbell and that finish when he skyed it over the bar shows it's time to look at one of the bairns to replace him as the striking pace. Ranger maybe? Who else do we have?

to be fair to him, he's just come back from an injury and he tweaked it against spurs too.

No doubt but my point is why play him when he is as ineffective as he currently is.

It's indicative of the complete lack of pace Ashley's men have brought to the squad as a whole.

I dont think we are down yet but if we keep the same team out there we are fucked. We need players that are determined and would go to the extremes for the club. And the most likely are the youth, Mix them in with the players that have a bit of heart.

In saying that i would give owen one more game as he might play better against the pool.

I dont think we are down yet but if we keep the same team out there we are fucked. We need players that are determined and would go to the extremes for the club. And the most likely are the youth, Mix them in with the players that have a bit of heart.

In saying that i would give owen one more game as he might play better against the pool.

Would not be surprised at all if Owen picks up a mysterious injury this week that keeps him out of the liverpool game-martins is injured and looks it, owen is totally out of sorts and looks like he can't be arsed more than ever but viduka did some clever stuff now and again- i would play viduka and the krandts and maybe even try ranger late on with carroll (they may have a decent knowledge of each others game from the reserves)

Butt: 8/10 MOTM for us. Constantly battled in midfield, was always at the thick of the action and his passing was better.

What match were you watching? Were you there? Butt was woeful.....passing poor, slow, miss timing tackles and movement none existent. Our worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

QFT

Butt was absolutely awful. he's too slow but can still tackle.... thats all he has left now.

we're gone now. can't see us getting the 9 points or 10 points we to survive need now from the next few fixtures. last night was last chance saloon and we bottled it.

we're gone now. can't see us getting the 9 points or 10 points we to survive need now from the next few fixtures. last night was last chance saloon and we bottled it.

We don't need 9 or 10 points. We need 3 more points than Hull or 4 points more than sunderland by the end of the season. Simple as that.

Getting them won't be as simple though...

Guest Stevie
Was looking forward with nervous anticipation to this all day at work, only to come home and find out my stream recording thing hadn't worked. Gutted until I saw the result.

...almost glad now that I didn't have to sit through what was by all accounts 90 minutes of fucking overpaid worthless scum running around in my club's shirt. We are down. Thanks for everything, Mike.

So was I. I thought there'd be some magic wand waved and we'd win 3-0, I should know better at my age. Last night was like shaggin on anphetamine, you know you're unlikely to come and when you dont you feel totally frustrated, and the next day your head is in bits and you are utterly bewildered.

So was I. I thought there'd be some magic wand waved and we'd win 3-0, I should know better at my age. Last night was like shaggin on anphetamine, you know you're unlikely to come and when you dont you feel totally frustrated, and the next day your head is in bits and you are utterly bewildered.

You're on form :unsure:

Each striker had a good chance before Portsmouth's later chances. If a couple of those had been scored I think the game would have been dead. I was never particular confident any of them would take their chances though. Owen's in particular was a sitter as well.

Tbh I think, even last night and despite what I've just said, it was still the midfield that was the main problem.

I have to say Guthrie's (and to a leeser degree Butt's) continued attempts at diagonal balls out to the wings in the second half drove me mental.

Tbh I think, even last night and despite what I've just said, it was still the midfield that was the main problem.

I have to say Guthrie's (and to a leeser degree Butt's) continued attempts at diagonal balls out to the wings in the second half drove me mental.

It's been the problem all season, i.e. the middle of the park, regardless of the formation. And you have to wonder why it wasn't addressed properly in January (given how much relegation will cost). I mean, we have a shit midfield, we bought two midfielders in January and they (despite arguably our best midfielder being out injured) couldn't get in last night's team. And rightly so btw, because they're both gash. It's so frustrating, isn't it? I said last night that what bugs me the most is that it looks like we're going down with a whimper in a season where the standard outside the top four has been abysmal. So there's no doubt that if and when we do go down, it'll be thoroughly deserved. No doubt in my mind who is to blame either.