Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Silo is good. I watched it on release so had to wait a week between episodes but the plot is quite complex and more suitable for a binge imo.

Just finished S3 of the Boys. This is how Marvel should be. Easily the best thing on right now, Alright, they're fucking around with the plot to allow for sequels but I want those sequels anyway. Also like the way it is becoming a satire of the current US, only a bit more plausible then the reality in some ways.

And now I am fresh out of TV to watch. Any suggestions, preferably of a Sci Fi / horror bent or gritty "real life" drama. None of your detective shit please or stuff about millionaires.  

the last of us is really good. i was sceptical, as it is based on a video game, but it isn't your usual zombie affair. the danger comes from the other humans in the lawless  dystopia

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the last of us is really good. i was sceptical, as it is based on a video game, but it isn't your usual zombie affair. the danger comes from the other humans in the lawless  dystopia

The Last of Us was ages ago man and was probably the most hyped series ever. I enjoyed it, but don't think it matched the hype personally. Not enough zombies. 

Just now, Renton said:

The Last of Us was ages ago man and was probably the most hyped series ever. I enjoyed it, but don't think it matched the hype personally. Not enough zombies. 

that's the last time i suggest anything to you then, you fucking ingrate 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that's the last time i suggest anything to you then, you fucking ingrate 

:lol:

Have you seen this sci film called Star Wars? Stars Mark Hammill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher. Got a few sequels too, it's ace. 👍

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Have you seen this sci film called Star Wars? Stars Mark Hammill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher. Got a few sequels too, it's ace. 👍

the last of us was released this year FUCKHEAD

your life is obviously so empty that you watch every new series THE MOMENT THEY AIR 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Silo is good. I watched it on release so had to wait a week between episodes but the plot is quite complex and more suitable for a binge imo.

Just finished S3 of the Boys. This is how Marvel should be. Easily the best thing on right now, Alright, they're fucking around with the plot to allow for sequels but I want those sequels anyway. Also like the way it is becoming a satire of the current US, only a bit more plausible then the reality in some ways.

And now I am fresh out of TV to watch. Any suggestions, preferably of a Sci Fi / horror bent or gritty "real life" drama. None of your detective shit please or stuff about millionaires.  

Severance is the best thing on Apple TV.

One for the Oz contingent. I recently found myself binge watching the first season and a half of Mr. Inbetween which is probably a new low even for someone of my disposition. 

Poor man's Glimmer Man posing as an Aussie Soprano's spin-off. I think I want those hours back.

4 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

One for the Oz contingent. I recently found myself binge watching the first season and a half of Mr. Inbetween which is probably a new low even for someone of my disposition. 

Poor man's Glimmer Man posing as an Aussie Soprano's spin-off. I think I want those hours back.

Strong disagree. Thought it was great

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

5 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Strong disagree. Thought it was great

Yes, it's black humour and not to be taken seriously. If you want Australian Sopranos try and find any of the Underbelly programs/series. Usually badly written/acted and full of breastage in the hope you don't notice how bad they are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sammynb said:

Yes, it's black humour and not to be taken seriously. If you want Australian Sopranos try and find any of the Underbelly programs/series. Usually badly written/acted and full of breastage in the hope you don't notice how bad they are.

In my defense I must've liked it enough to binge watch the first season and a half. I think I just emerged from that binge feeling a bit like I'd somehow ended up watching Glimmer Man again.

Have sadly seen a bit of Underbelly. Good shout, that gives me a bit of perspective.  Mr Inbetween is nowhere near as tragically tryhard and had it moments. The dark humour was the main draw in the first season but it petered off pretty rapidly. 

On 22/09/2023 at 00:55, Blastronaut said:

Just finished season one of this. Absolute quality TV. Season finale was perfection.

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just finished season one of this. Absolute quality TV. Season finale was perfection.

Quality TV? Perfection? I'm not having that. My last comment was maybe a bit harsh given that it must have been entertaining enough for me to binge watch the first season and a half but perfection it was not.

Short arse old bald guy writes and directs a serial drama where he is the shortarse old bald guy protagonist with a penchant for violence. The dark humour worked well for a bit but wore thin pretty quickly. Had a bit of self awareness about it but still came across as a self indulgent Scott Ryan wank fest.

5 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Quality TV? Perfection? I'm not having that. My last comment was maybe a bit harsh given that it must have been entertaining enough for me to binge watch the first season and a half but perfection it was not.

Short arse old bald guy writes and directs a serial drama where he is the shortarse old bald guy protagonist with a penchant for violence. The dark humour worked well for a bit but wore thin pretty quickly. Had a bit of self awareness about it but still came across as a self indulgent Scott Ryan wank fest.

8.6 on IMDB begs to differ :lol: