Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm about two and a half episodes into the 1st series of succession. Does it get any better? :lol:

Best TV series since Breaking Bad and Sopranos before that. Easily the best box set of the past decade  

What's this on? Amazon or Sky? I don't normally have either but can subscribe for a one off month for either. Bit of a pain how many streaming platforms there are now, each usually with only 1 or 2 things I'm really interested in.

Final episode of Dopesick yesterday, this has been my pick of the year, maybe along with The Boys. My question is, are the Appalachian mountains always so grey and dull? I don't think the sun shone once in the purported decade long story. Watching Narcos Mexico 3 on Netflix currently, entertaining enough but they all blur into one after a while. Rewatching Seinfeld when I have the odd 20 minutes, it hasn't really aged at all. George is still one of the greatest sitcom characters of all time. 

It's on Now TV who are doing £12 a month for 3 months for Entertainment and Movies. 

I saw someone on twitter saying they were doing some ridiculous offer this week, but I can't find it on their website. 

It's worth it though, we've done it for over the Christmas and there's plenty on there to make it worth 12 quid a month. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's on Now TV who are doing £12 a month for 3 months for Entertainment and Movies. 

I saw someone on twitter saying they were doing some ridiculous offer this week, but I can't find it on their website. 

It's worth it though, we've done it for over the Christmas and there's plenty on there to make it worth 12 quid a month. 

What happened to you? Didn’t you used to be the raspberry pi king?

I would have thought you would be all over IPTV.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

What happened to you? Didn’t you used to be the raspberry pi king?

I would have thought you would be all over IPTV.

I've got Kodi and I could be watching all this stuff for nowt, but there just comes a point when it's easier to watch this stuff the right way, and if it's not a daft price I don't mind. 

Just got a new 4k TV too, so it's nicer to be able to watch stuff from legit sources for that reason too. 

• Like 1

I’m at the stage where I feel as though I’ve now watched everything good. I did try the wire again last week but still can’t quite understand what’s being said.

Accidentally landed on the bloody x files of all things and am now 10 episodes in and embarrassed to say I’m enjoying it again.

Also discovered Superman and Lois on iPlayer which is basically superman married with a couple of teenage sons. Only watched one episode but seems ok.

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Stick with it! 

Tbh it was CT not liking it that's made me persevere. ;)

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I went for £4.99 a month for three months. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Seinfeld is still fucking terrible btw. 

But the latest Curb Your Enthusiasm is also on Now TV. The show Seinfeld could have been. 

They're basically the same show man, doesn't really make sense to like one and not the other. No, can't find the offer, but I can afford the £12 anyway. 

52 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Seinfeld is still fucking terrible btw. 

But the latest Curb Your Enthusiasm is also on Now TV. The show Seinfeld could have been. 

Seinfeld is brilliant man, it’s just curb lite. Takes a season or two to get going but some of LD’s writing in it it is class - the quality fell off a cliff in the final season after he left the writers room 

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

They're basically the same show man, doesn't really make sense to like one and not the other. No, can't find the offer, but I can afford the £12 anyway. 

Totally. I confess I wasn’t a massive fan first time around but got into it in the noughties after discovering Curb and  watching some Seinfeld standup. 

46 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m at the stage where I feel as though I’ve now watched everything good. I did try the wire again last week but still can’t quite understand what’s being said.

Accidentally landed on the bloody x files of all things and am now 10 episodes in and embarrassed to say I’m enjoying it again.

Also discovered Superman and Lois on iPlayer which is basically superman married with a couple of teenage sons. Only watched one episode but seems ok.

My telly highlights of 2021 in case you missed any of them 

Succession (obvs)

White Lotus 

Wayne

Dave 

Mare of Easttown

The Morning Show

Lupin

Industry 

Squid Game 

Blair and Brown doc series on iplayer 

Call my Agent