Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

There's some decent stuff on none of the usual places atm.

Paramount Plus has Tulsa King with a very broken/plastic faced Stallone finally playing a NY mafia character and making a decent fist of the role.

SBS on demand which is a terrestial station here but it looks like it is a HBO Max show, Tokyo Vice starring Ansel Egort (aka Babydriver), set in 1999, Babydriver is an American trying to make it as the first foreign born reporter at Tokyo's largest newspaper.

Also watching Huss, Scandi cop show, on the same network, which is okay but I could probably watch the lead actor, Karin Franz Korlof, watch grass grow and still be enthralled!

2105-karinfranzk10670kk8-525x684.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

There's some decent stuff on none of the usual places atm.

Paramount Plus has Tulsa King with a very broken/plastic faced Stallone finally playing a NY mafia character and making a decent fist of the role.

SBS on demand which is a terrestial station here but it looks like it is a HBO Max show, Tokyo Vice starring Ansel Egort (aka Babydriver), set in 1999, Babydriver is an American trying to make it as the first foreign born reporter at Tokyo's largest newspaper.

Also watching Huss, Scandi cop show, on the same network, which is okay but I could probably watch the lead actor, Karin Franz Korlof, watch grass grow and still be enthralled!

He's back and apparently changed his fetish 😉 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Eddie the Eagle

Im surprised to be recommending this as I was “forced” into watching it and don’t have any particular feel good factor about the chap. 

It was very good and very funny.

IMDB 7.5

swerve cartoon network GIF

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The Traitors has been quality. Reality TV but genuinely entertaining. Inhale it all on iplayer now if you've not had the end spoilt by some cunt on social media. 

One of my mates has recommended it so it's a no from me. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, I’m up this early because I forgot to turn my work alarm off, thanks for asking 

The Mrs phone did that on Friday, she was off, I wasn’t, I never heard it because I have tinnitus until I was elbowed awake with “my alarms going off and my phones downstairs” and who was expected to get up and turn the bloody thing off, aye that’d be me because I “had to get up anyway”, aye an hour later ffs. I thought better of arguing tbh.

• Haha 5

Was too busy to watch TV until around 9 o'clock, (hardly watch it at the best of times), did the scroll of boredom through the schedule till I'd had enough and stopped on UK gold and watched the last five minutes of the Christmas special of 'The Good Life' then the Christmas special of Blackadder before giving up and turning it off again. Christmas TV is atrocious. :lol:

• Haha 2

I've just finished a grilled breakfast, clearing up, jumping in the shower then walking to freedom in the sun to go on an all day session with the lads. I feel like Nelson Mandela walking out of Robben Island prison.

• Haha 9

Once everyone had cleared off to their anti social pits yesterday, I was free to binge watch that SAS drama. Absolutely loved it and it had added interest knowing that was the area my dad was stationed during the war. (He was only 22 at the time and not in the SAS as far as I know).

I then started the documentary on it which seems excellent as well so far.

Balls of steel, the lot of them.

On 26/12/2022 at 11:10, Howmanheyman said:

I've just finished a grilled breakfast, clearing up, jumping in the shower then walking to freedom in the sun to go on an all day session with the lads. I feel like Nelson Mandela walking out of Robben Island prison.

Well it was such a session I half walked, half ran on my way home with my hands in my coat pockets and being absolutely blotto tripped up and couldn't get my hands out of my pockets quickly enough so could only watch as the pavement came flying up at my face, It must've been quite a fall* as I lay wondering wtf happened a car driving by stopped and I saw heard an arm hanging out of a window and heard someone say are you ok as I groggily managed to get up, I then got home, sat for a bit, get up to go to le bog and bumped into a cabinet and knocked one of her ornaments over smashing it so I'm in the doghouse with wor lass as well so I basically left Robben island like Mandela but I've now made the return journey.  

*God only knows how, other than a sore jaw there's only a small scratch on my lip. My head must be made of reinforced concrete? 

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

*God only knows how, other than a sore jaw there's only a small scratch on my lip. My head must be made of reinforced concrete? 

I think we can concur on that one 😉

Seriously though, what Gemmill said, hope your route home isn’t past any water, very dangerous.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 3