Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I guess you're just not enough of a pretentious cunt to appreciate the delicate lighting, sound editing and the incredibly subtle (and not at all annoying) way they move to black and white for a flash forward.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Aye OK, Wild is decent. Mostly cos Witherspoon is in it. 

Have you watched Into The Wild? You might like that too. 

A better version of Vera btw. :lol: STOP TALKING! 

Into the wild aye. A bit sad given he obviously had serious mental issues.

And we’re not all young’uns. Some of us like a nice gentle whodunnit :lol: 

31 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I was watching it week to week when it first came out and could not believe how boring it was. Mind, that shit film they did for Netflix made me feel the same way tbh so maybe it isn’t for me 

Did you watch BB? If you weren't fussed on that then you won't like this. But basically both series are first in class for cinematography, acting, characterisation and storyline arcs imo. BCS is slower but the emotional impact for me was brutal, for instance Mike's backstory in S1E5. The spin off film was a waste of time though, agreed. 

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I guess you're just not enough of a pretentious cunt to appreciate the delicate lighting, sound editing and the incredibly subtle (and not at all annoying) way they move to black and white for a flash forward.

I'm not at all a pretentious cunt and loved it. I haven't even read a book on how to enjoy a movie. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not at all a pretentious cunt and loved it. I haven't even read a book on how to enjoy a movie. 

"Pretentious? Moi?!", says the man with stained glassed windows.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Did you watch BB? If you weren't fussed on that then you won't like this. But basically both series are first in class for cinematography, acting, characterisation and storyline arcs imo. BCS is slower but the emotional impact for me was brutal, for instance Mike's backstory in S1E5. The spin off film was a waste of time though, agreed. 

Aye, got well into it at the time but once that hit Season 3, it was constant forward motion. Even then, I’d land on the side of it being overrated in the grand scheme of things

Loved "into the wild". Great soundtrack by Eddie Vedder. I'd love to have the balls to sell up and fuck off on a walkabout. Apparently they had to airlift that bus out of the wilderness cos so many knackers got stranded trying to visit it 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

44 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just watched something on BBC2 about the history of trainers, presented by Hannah Fry. 

1682_gggHannah_Fry-Edit_V1_HR-Low-res.jp

Fascinating stuff. :lol: :bloodywank:

If Irish women during the famine are your thing…

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Loved "into the wild". Great soundtrack by Eddie Vedder. I'd love to have the balls to sell up and fuck off on a walkabout. Apparently they had to airlift that bus out of the wilderness cos so many knackers got stranded trying to visit it 

Always thought that was a bit of tragic story that’s been bizarrely triumphed as some sort brave adventurous sacrifice. Some kid went to a shit part of Alaska, ill prepared without an exit plan. Possibly got injured (photos suggest he may have injured his arm/shoulder), then he starved to death. The knackers went because of the mythologising of it. 

• Like 3

didnt he end up eating a poisonous plant or something? 

one particularly grim scene that stayed in my mind was when he hunts a moose but is unable to preserve it so the meat turns bad within days 

Apple TV+ doesn’t have much on it but what it does have is good quality. ‘For All Mankind’, ‘Defending Jacob’, ‘Ted Lasso’, ‘Severance’, ‘Slow Horses’, ‘Trying’, ‘Invasion’, ‘Foundation’ and ‘Shantaram’ are all pretty decent.

The films are pretty good too.

On 16/12/2022 at 12:03, Dr Gloom said:

didnt he end up eating a poisonous plant or something? 

one particularly grim scene that stayed in my mind was when he hunts a moose but is unable to preserve it so the meat turns bad within days 

There’s a few theories iirc. I haven’t actually seen the film though. There’s more than one thing he may have eaten but you can starve if you eat only rabbit over a prolonged period (which I think was his main diet) as the meat is too lean. I think he made a diary entry about being ill after eating something though. Possibly it was a combination of more than one thing 

Edited by Alex

11 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Apple TV+ doesn’t have much on it but what it does have is good quality. ‘For All Mankind’, ‘Defending Jacob’, ‘Ted Lasso’, ‘Severance’, ‘Slow Horses’, ‘Trying’, ‘Invasion’, ‘Foundation’ and ‘Shantaram’ are all pretty decent.

The films are pretty good too.

Doesn't have much on it then you list seveal hundred hours of TV. ;)

Think Bad sisters is supposed to be quite good too. What's the minimum subscription perio I wonder? 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

In case anyone was left hanging….

CE236DD0-ACEF-40D5-B700-F235908CF5E6.jpeg

30642F34-880C-4CFB-8706-781EA70B6973.jpeg

These were by far the best thing about it, lush Italian trollops. Kept on doing the Eeny meeny game every episode, sometimes out loud by mistake, much to the annoyance of Mrs Rents. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

There’s a few theories iirc. I haven’t actually seen the film though. There’s more than one thing he may have eaten but you can starve if you eat only rabbit over a prolonged period (which I think was his main diet) as the meat is too lean. I think he made a diary entry about being ill after eating something though. Possibly it was a combination of more than one thing 

You get protein poisoning from a rabbit heavy diet due to the lack of fat and carbs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

In case anyone was left hanging….

CE236DD0-ACEF-40D5-B700-F235908CF5E6.jpeg

30642F34-880C-4CFB-8706-781EA70B6973.jpeg

The lass in red, her real life surname is Tabasco, appropriately enough. 

And yes, she does unleash those bad boys in case anyone was wondering. 

On 16/12/2022 at 07:32, Alex said:

Always thought that was a bit of tragic story that’s been bizarrely triumphed as some sort brave adventurous sacrifice. Some kid went to a shit part of Alaska, ill prepared without an exit plan. Possibly got injured (photos suggest he may have injured his arm/shoulder), then he starved to death. The knackers went because of the mythologising of it. 

Site of my favourite ever HSE at work notice:

"DANGER - before descending stairway, check below for Polar Bear"

• Haha 2