Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

27 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I think we can concur on that one 😉

Seriously though, what Gemmill said, hope your route home isn’t past any water, very dangerous.

Tbf, it's very rare I'm out all day and when it is it's usually a trip somewhere and I pace myself a bit better by switching to bottles earlier on as it's always a kitty job so it's drinking in rounds which isn't great if you're drinking with beer monsters. :lol:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well it was such a session I half walked, half ran on my way home with my hands in my coat pockets and being absolutely blotto tripped up and couldn't get my hands out of my pockets quickly enough so could only watch as the pavement came flying up at my face, It must've been quite a fall* as I lay wondering wtf happened a car driving by stopped and I saw heard an arm hanging out of a window and heard someone say are you ok as I groggily managed to get up, I then got home, sat for a bit, get up to go to le bog and bumped into a cabinet and knocked one of her ornaments over smashing it so I'm in the doghouse with wor lass as well so I basically left Robben island like Mandela but I've now made the return journey.  

*God only knows how, other than a sore jaw there's only a small scratch on my lip. My head must be made of reinforced concrete? 

How’s the head this morning? :lol:

Confused What Happened GIF by Google

• Haha 4

"Yo man, if I had any knowledge about what y'all ain't already known, you woulda been knew."

:lol: that's the sort of dialogue that keeps me coming back to the First 48. If you don't speak street like I do, the gentleman is saying that if he knew anything, he would have told the police already. 

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

"Yo man, if I had any knowledge about what y'all ain't already known, you woulda been knew."

:lol: that's the sort of dialogue that keeps me coming back to the First 48. If you don't speak street like I do, the gentleman is saying that if he knew anything, he would have told the police already. 

:spit:

On 24/12/2022 at 07:45, Gemmill said:

The Traitors has been quality. Reality TV but genuinely entertaining. Inhale it all on iplayer now if you've not had the end spoilt by some cunt on social media. 

Inspired by the computer game Among Us, only not as good !

My round up. Feel like I've missed the boat with Traitors, will try to catch S2. Andor is fucking bollocks, who writes this shit?.And HMHM, I winced reading that, take care ffs! Went to see Matilda yesterday with my youngest, first time to a cinema since before lockdown, meh, don't really see the point in cinemas now. Nowt is gripping me at the moment. Still got to watch the latest series of The Boys but that's about it. Maybe I will see if the Rings of Power is as shit as I have heard it is, and maybe I'll finally get round to watching the Sopranos. Oh, and last year I challenged myself to watch Always Sunny in Philedelphia all the way through. Got through the first 10 series, but not a fan tbh, just completely lost interest in the end as all the characters were charmless fucking psycopaths.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Got through the first 10 series, but not a fan tbh, just completely lost interest in the end as all the characters were charmless fucking psycopaths.  

:lol: It took you ten series to come to that conclusion? It’s the entire point of the show.

• Haha 2

We went to see the new avatar. It looked absolutely crazy in 3D IMax with Dolby Atmos surround. 

My lass was the real driver behind us going but it was decent tbf. 35 minutes of adverts followed by a 3hr 15m film was the longest I've ever been in the cinema by a mile though. 

The new electric recliner seats they have are canny though tbf. I was just annoyed I didn't take my pyjama pants to get into. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

:lol: It took you ten series to come to that conclusion? It’s the entire point of the show.

Well no, it didn't, it was obvious they psychos from day one with zero character progression likely (arguably except for Sweet Dee, who progressed to become a, erm, psycho). But that was my particular point where the joke just wasn't remotely funny any more to me and I lost all interest. I mean there were no major differences even between the characters. Dennis was a bit more psycho than the others, that's about it.

It's just struck me that a lot of US comedies are similar. Seinfeld, all the characters were basically sociopaths/psychos. Friends, yep, the same if you analyse it. Curb, the protagonist is at least. Maybe says a lot about American society and why I prefer UK stuff, characters have a bit more depth. 

I’m starting to go through the dubbed back catalogue after watching Dark :lol: 

It helps that as I’ve got older it’s harder to see their lips moving.

Just watched Kleo which was ok if a little mad, however I’m guessing that’s just the German sense of humour?

I went to see the new avatar at the imax in 3d today too. No prizes for originality but Cameron has done it again - just a mind-blowing visual spectacle. I almost jumped out of skin on more than one occasion when something came flying out of the screen towards me 

On 22/12/2022 at 14:05, ewerk said:

The Banshees of Inisherin - Over hyped shite

I watched this about a week ago, it astonishes me that it's been nominated for so many awards. it's beyond shite.

the only part of it that had any impact was the death of the donkey.

would've been for more enjoyable had the two main characters, farrell's sister, everybody in the pub, the policeman and his son all been slaughtered and the donkey survived.

absolute pile of steaming of bollocks, save a couple of hours of your life for something more worthwhile.  :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Renton said:

My round up. Feel like I've missed the boat with Traitors, will try to catch S2. Andor is fucking bollocks, who writes this shit?.And HMHM, I winced reading that, take care ffs! Went to see Matilda yesterday with my youngest, first time to a cinema since before lockdown, meh, don't really see the point in cinemas now. Nowt is gripping me at the moment. Still got to watch the latest series of The Boys but that's about it. Maybe I will see if the Rings of Power is as shit as I have heard it is, and maybe I'll finally get round to watching the Sopranos. Oh, and last year I challenged myself to watch Always Sunny in Philedelphia all the way through. Got through the first 10 series, but not a fan tbh, just completely lost interest in the end as all the characters were charmless fucking psycopaths.  

:lol: Just stick to something you know you like instead, Christ.

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Just stick to something you know you like instead, Christ.

Hey man, it's not so simple when you're sharing a family telly unless you unsociably put your earphones on and watch a tablet, which tbf sometimes I do. Fwiw, I've enjoyed the latter episodes of Andor a bit more, Prisoner Cell Block H in space. Poor Moxy.  

22 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I went to see the new avatar at the imax in 3d today too. No prizes for originality but Cameron has done it again - just a mind-blowing visual spectacle. I almost jumped out of skin on more than one occasion when something came flying out of the screen towards me 

Going to the Everyman in town to watch this with Fist Jnr. 
It’s become a bit of a Christmas tradition with me and him, that started with the new Star Wars trilogy, but as there’s no SW this year, he picked the big blue buggers! 
Rewatched the first one the other day, and aye, thin as feck story etc, but I still looks amazing. 
I’m almost looking forward it, ( the beers, sofa and scran will pass the time if it’s hoop :lol: ). 

At the risk of a gemmill retort BBC iPlayer are re-showing Tutti Frutti with Robbie Coltrane, Emma Thompson and a load of good actors for anyone who never saw it the first time, about six episodes and was very good with Coltrane and Thompson in great form. 👍