Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There's parts of it I like. But then parts I wonder why the fuck they've included it. The whole Greg think. Why is he even in it. What does he do? 

his character is genius. Even the trodden upon in this world are self-serving cunts 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

his character is genius. Even the trodden upon in this world are self-serving cunts 

I suppose I need to stop commenting then as I clearly don't have a clue 😂

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I suppose I need to stop commenting then as I clearly don't have a clue 😂

it’s not rocket science. He starts out seeming canny, bit sweet and naive. Turns out he’s just as much of a slippery cunt as the rest of them 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it’s not rocket science. He starts out seeming canny, bit sweet and naive. Turns out he’s just as much of a slippery cunt as the rest of them 

I'm gonna re-watch it now 😂

On 29/06/2023 at 17:34, Anorthernsoul said:

The Bear Season 2.

Great watch.

Came out quickly.

Just finished Silo, highly recommended. Best Sci Fi for a while. I was addicted and watched it as it was released weekly, but the plot is quite complex and it'd be better as a binge I reckon.

Also kind of disappointed it didn’t resolve. I understand its based on a series of books so hopefully after a few follow up series it will make sense.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I got back into Yellowstone. It's a quality show, as was 1883.

1923 though, I'm still not sure about and I'm 6 episodes in.

You always know something will be a bit shit when fucking Jerome Flynn turns up with an absolutely unforgivable Scottish accent. I assume it's meant to be Scottish anyway, but it's so bad it just falls into generically celtic most of the time.

Also, the lass who plays Alex. Get an actual English actress in instead of letting this yank basically do your mate's bad impression of talking as posh as the queen.

Ironically the lass who plays Beth in Yellowstone is English.

On 01/07/2023 at 10:59, wykikitoon said:

There's parts of it I like. But then parts I wonder why the fuck they've included it. The whole Greg think. Why is he even in it. What does he do? 

That's the whole point of his character !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the new black mirror is decent 

Really? I love BM, but think the last series was very poor, with only the one about the password being worthy of BM status. I've watched the first 3 of this series. FIrst episode was okay, inception like plot which made no sense if you thought about it, but was at least funny. Second one was okay but not BM at all, more like Hammer House of Horror. The last one I watched, with Jessie from Breaking Bad, was the worst one I had seen so far. Explored themes the series has covered multiple times but even less technologically plausible than previous epsiodes. Shit special effects and production values. But worst, and unforgivably, utterly predictable plot which was obvious 20 minutes in. The next episode I haven't watched, but gets a record low IMDB rating. Think Black Mirror should retire personally, clearly out of new ideas. 

• Like 1

I went to watch Indiana Jones last night. I would NOT recommend. I love the older movies and I'd watch Harrison Ford wear a Fedora and take a shit for 120 mins - and that is essentially better than this movie.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Really? I love BM, but think the last series was very poor, with only the one about the password being worthy of BM status. I've watched the first 3 of this series. FIrst episode was okay, inception like plot which made no sense if you thought about it, but was at least funny. Second one was okay but not BM at all, more like Hammer House of Horror. The last one I watched, with Jessie from Breaking Bad, was the worst one I had seen so far. Explored themes the series has covered multiple times but even less technologically plausible than previous epsiodes. Shit special effects and production values. But worst, and unforgivably, utterly predictable plot which was obvious 20 minutes in. The next episode I haven't watched, but gets a record low IMDB rating. Think Black Mirror should retire personally, clearly out of new ideas. 

maybe seems less fresh now but it’s still extremely good telly if you ask me. I just  watched the astronaut one and thought it was great. Creepy AF

Brooker is a v clever bloke. And you know he knows it, the smug git 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

maybe seems less fresh now but it’s still extremely good telly if you ask me. I just  watched the astronaut one and thought it was great. Creepy AF

Brooker is a v clever bloke. And you know he knows it, the smug git 

Naaah, it was massively derivative of his previous work and he hasn't had a new idea in half a decade. Hence the ratings for the series are plumetting. Series 1 through 4 were superb, peaking in S3 imo. I liked Bandersnatch too. Series 5 to 6, very much sub par. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. bought a Steelbox set of Band of Brothers at a fundraiser Bamp sale at her work. 

Settling in for a few episodes- too notch stuff. 

When that was new, I lent that exact kind of box set to a mate. He gave me it back missing one disc, the cunt. I had completely forgot about it until now as well. Going to ring him at 4am 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

When that was new, I lent that exact kind of box set to a mate. He gave me it back missing one disc, the cunt. I had completely forgot about it until now as well. Going to ring him at 4am 

:lol:
This is the kind of petty revenge I can totally get behind. 

• Haha 3

On 06/07/2023 at 19:35, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. bought a Steelbox set of Band of Brothers at a fundraiser Bamp sale at her work. 

Settling in for a few episodes- too notch stuff. 

It’s absolute quality. 

37 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oh aye, I’ve watched it several times, but it’s been a while. 

Hasn’t lost any of its power. 

I’ve never actually seen its companion piece The Pacific.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve never actually seen its companion piece The Pacific.

Aye, me neither. 
The original was so good that I didn’t want to sully its reputation by watching the inferior sequel :lol:

I might actually give it a watch and f I can find it on any of my streaming services.