Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

True detective was good like (also some cracking chebs in it, although that bit didn't last too long), not watched any of the second season but it's a different show really. There's an action scene in it where it's all one take and it's fucking brilliant tbh, quality show.

I'm with all the others saying you should give the Wire another shot Gloom it's top television, I wasn't a fan of the second season (that Ziggy twat was horrific) but 3 and 4 are class.

Edited by Howay

The first season of True Detective was right up there with the Wire and GOT as my favourite TV. The second season so far has been good but a slower burn and a bit confusing at times. The ending last night was good though.

Recently started:

True Detective S2. Not at all into it so far (2 episodes). I'll keep going as I really liked the first series but it's not doing it for me so far. I don't really have any interest in the new characters.

Not Safe For Work (comedy drama with Zawe Ashton). I thought the first half of the opening episode was pretty poor and wasn't sure whether it was my cup of tea but it picked up a bit towards the end. I'll probably give it at least another episode but I can't see it being a classic by any stretch.

Humans. Enjoyed episode 1, looking forward to watching more.

Watching the first episode of Sense8. What the FUCK is going on?

@@ChezGiven

I thought the same, it does come together after a few episodes. Am not going to explain it obviously. The line about art being like religion in episode 5 (?) sums it up. For those who believe, it means everything, to those that don't it's a load of shite. I took that as meaning those in the audience who could suspend their disbelief and believe in the premise.

It took me to episode 3 to get into it, the NY times reviewer reckons it was episode 4.

Give it time but if you don't like it by episode 5, I owe you 5 hours of your life. I think i can afford that.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/07/01/the-moment-i-realized-sense8-was-the-best-show-on-netflix-3350369?lt_source=external,manual

I'll definitely continue with it. I was spannered which didn't help much like.

Started watching Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell from episode 3 as it took me so bloody long to get through the book that the first two episodes had disappeared from the iplayer. :lol: Not that fussed on it, the book was ok but I can't really be bothered watching all of the episodes of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Its had shite reviews but Terminator Genesis was a decent enough show. It's more cheesy than any T show before now by far, but it's not shite I quite enjoyed it anyway. They're making two more as well, I don't honestly know how they can. They've come back to different parts of the future more times than I've followed through this year.

Why have you started calling films shows? You only started doing it last month?

I'm loving parks and recreation at the minute. Ron Swanson is the best character ever conceived :lol:

Mad how different he looks without his tache btw

3C66829A-ACA7-44D7-9632-6293463775ED_zps

6636B0BE-1C21-4F07-A673-7E87FDB0B7CB_zps