Sol Campbell?

Campbell claim

Watching Newcastle's home victory on Saturday evening from the Milburn stand was defender Sol Campbell.

The 34 year-old free agent signed autographs for supporters and said that he was hopeful of securing a playing contract at the Magpies over the coming days.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what state he's in these days fitness wise, but surely you'd think the guy would be a class signing in the championship to help guide what could be some young defenders depending on who gets sold.

As i say i don't know what his current level is, but i'd be happy with him coming in if its true.

Interesting, if we could get him he'd be easily good enough for the Championship and at 34 would probably be up for a solid push in to any promotion charge. Wonder if he still scores the odd goal too?

Well surprised he's not off to a Premiership club tbh.

Hull are supposed to be after him too.

Thinking about it though he's not going to be playing to get back in to an international team, the money would likely be around the same - where would you rather go? In a shit team in the Prem where you might struggle or a bigger team in the Championship and look awesome? The dude's at the back end of his career, I know which I'd choose.

Thinking about it though he's not going to be playing to get back in to an international team, the money would likely be around the same - where would you rather go? In a shit team in the Prem where you might struggle or a bigger team in the Championship and look awesome? The dude's at the back end of his career, I know which I'd choose.

I agree actually

and with regards to HSs post, its foolish to wish players we have away because of potential signings, even if we bring in campbell we'll still be short on cover

Aye you're right...... he'll choose Hull. Bigger payout man! :blink:

I agree actually

and with regards to HSs post, its foolish to wish players we have away because of potential signings, even if we bring in campbell we'll still be short on cover

I agree, I would like to keep both S.Taylor and Colo. But I suspect we'll lose one of them and in that case I think it's self-evident who we should keep...

Would be a great signing fit or not fit. His experience would be of massive value in the squad no less to the likes of taylor (who i think will stay) and more so the young lads kadar, tozer and morris.

Player/Coach role could bring the young players on a great deal. Still seems to indicate that we are looking to get rid of another of our players in Saylor or Colo in the coming days. Its not a replacement as much of a stop gap.

it's a perfect move for him as he has a house up here and his lass is from N'land. This is a done deal imo.

We're crying out for a big, strong CB imo, whether Taylor goes or not.

Would have been great to have Taylor and Campbell together - still maintain if Roeder hadn't been such a fuckwit we would have won the uefa that year if he had signed Campbell when he wanted to come.

I don't think deteriating pace should be too much of an issue in this league either