Sheffield United 0-1 Newcastle United

JonTheMag

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper saved the day in the end but after a poor first half we eventually grew more confident and bossed possession for large spells of the second.

Very nervous towards the end and in the last 5 minutes I thought it was very naive how we invited pressure on ourselves.

We all want to see good football and great goals but there's something deeply satisfying about winning with a spawny as fuck goal while the other team whinge.

I'm warming to Carroll a bit - stood up well to that fat yorkshire twat.

Same applies to Enrigue - all he has to do is learn how to play 10/15 yard passes to his teammates and he'll be excellent.

Hardwood is horrendous. Carroll is King.

Carroll was immense. Bossed Morgan. One thing about Carroll though, he's great with the ball at his feet outside the box but his shooting lets him down at time.

What on earth was Harewood trying to do when the ball came to him through the middle near the end? Very strange move by Chrissy putting him on.

Hopefully we take this momentum into Saturday and beat Posh. Keep racking up those points, only 4 from last seasons total! :huh:

Wonderful, wonderful, 3 points, back on top, but wot a load of fucking crap. How on earth are we so consistantly poor?

I would have put Guthrie on before Harewood the Dud.

Fucking hell my heart is going like mad...Why couldn't we have got a second by now!?

I thought the same... but in the end it's another important 1-0 win we deserved. Enrique & Harper Men of the Match :huh:

Hopefully we can start another run now, three of our next four games are at home.

Did anybody else notice Nolan organising the defence for one of their free kicks in the last 10 minutes. He was pulling them all out. Something one of the defenders should've been doing surely..?

Ground that one out. I didn't see it all but I did spot a couple of things; sometimes we knocked it around very nicely, first touch stuff keeping possession, secondly; how the fuck is Jonas an Argentinian international?

Edited by trophyshy

I also get the impression that there seems to be a lot of Poll wannabe refs in this league - the one tonight was fucking terrible.

He was dying for them to score - one of those times if I was a player I'd have been tempted to say "tough shit, wanker" at the end.

I also get the impression that there seems to be a lot of Poll wannabe refs in this league - the one tonight was fucking terrible.

He was dying for them to score - one of those times if I was a player I'd have been tempted to say "tough shit, wanker" at the end.

TBH I wonder if some of the refs in this division are not used to the type of players we have.. some dodgy yellow cards handed out tonight.. then when there was a defo yellow card he doesn't give it... and what the hell was the free kick for when Smith went sliding in on tennent??? He didn't even touch the player!!