Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Iniesta first for first goalscorer yesterday at 14/1s. Was gutted when he scored.

Do you get your money back on 1st goalscorer if its 0-0 after 90 mins?

Depends on the bookie. Paddy Power refunded 1st scorer and scorecast bets, others don't/didn't.

Guest Gordon McKeag
I had Iniesta first for first goalscorer yesterday at 14/1s. Was gutted when he scored.

Do you get your money back on 1st goalscorer if its 0-0 after 90 mins?

Depends on the bookie. Paddy Power refunded 1st scorer and scorecast bets, others don't/didn't.

I had Robben and forgot about that till I logged on to my account today. HE SHOULD'VE SCORED though the twat.

The Dutch did almost everything what you must do against Spain correctly.

minus the karate kicks. no need for some of those waist high tackles.

and seriously, parking the bus and hitting the spanish on the break might have been their best chance of getting a result but they still lost.

i wish teams would play a bit more exapansively. it's easy to see why they don't when there's so much at stake but those tactics don't half make for some dull games of football. holland have the front players to have perhaps taken a few more risks against spain.

As this game is on both sides, all people actively choosing to watch it on itv should be culled.

More than 20 million viewers switch on World Cup final

More than 20 million British viewers tuned in to the World Cup final, with the BBC drawing more viewers than ITV.

On BBC1, viewers watching Spain's clash with the Netherlands peaked at 17.9 million, with a 60% share of the audience, figures show.

On ITV, which was also showing the final, figures peaked at 3.8 million, a 13% share of the audience.

Spain scored four minutes before the end of extra time to win 1-0.

The game averaged 15.1 million (a 54% share of viewers) on BBC1 and 3.3 million (12%) on ITV1.

The BBC said it had won the highest audience for a World Cup final on the channel since France won the tournament in 1998.

It said its its figures were up 1.2 million on 2006.

ITV said in the 2006 World Cup final, ITV drew in 3.5 million viewers and the BBC more than 17 million.

Meanwhile, the BBC's coverage of the British Grand Prix drew a peak audience of 6.8 million, up one million on 2009.

Fucking hell, ITV soundly chinned. Heads should roll for that. I'm looking at your bost-arse face, Andy Townsend.

should be culling most of their "team" after that performance

I'd only keep Keegan and Southgate of the lot

I had a tenner on Sneijder top scorer at 10/1(powers paid 1/5th the odds) and a few quid on last nights game to finish goalless.

Also had €5 on Ramos first scorer. Very close.

Johan Cruyff none too impressed....

World Cup 2010: Dutch tactics upset Johan Cruyff

Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Netherlands' display in the World Cup final, deriding it as "anti-football".

The Dutch received nine yellow cards, and a red card for Johnny Heitinga, as they lost 1-0 to Spain in South Africa.

"Sadly, they played very dirty," Cruyff told Spanish newspaper El Periodico.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost."

Cruyff was the symbol of 'Total Football', which earned the Dutch successive World Cup final appearances in 1974 and 1978.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk appeared to opt for pragmatism over style as he led the Oranje to a third final in South Africa, but the result was the same, as Andres Iniesta scored an extra-time winner for Spain.

But Sunday's game was also notable for Netherlands' surprisingly aggressive approach.

Cruyff, along with many others, believed Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong were lucky not to be sent off before half-time, Van Bommel for a tackle from behind on Iniesta and De Jong for kicking Xabi Alonso in the chest.

"They should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage," said the 63-year-old Cruyff.

"It hurts me that Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title."

Cruyff brought his footballing philosophy to Barcelona in an eight-year spell as manager, and he is widely credited with the one-touch passing style still employed by the Catalan club, who provided the backbone of Spain's World Cup-winning squad.

However, in the Champions League semi-final last season, Pep Guardiola's side were upset by a defence-minded Inter Milan, coached by Jose Mourinho - a fact not lost on Cruyff.

"On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barca?'

"I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style, I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

"I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball."

Cruyff also joined in the criticism of English referee Howard Webb, accusing him of being too soft with the players.

"A World Cup final deserves great refereeing and, above all, deserves a referee who dares to do everything it means to be a judge," he said.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...010/8812484.stm

Makes some valid points but its lost for me because I know that hes thinking "oh it wasnt total football so it wasnt right" when TF is an essentially flawed system that just doesnt work now and especially wouldn't against team playing like spain who'd have had the entire dutch team playing TF right out of position and absolutely hammered them

as for the HW criticism, if Webb had sent off two of hollands players early on then that article would be reading "he ruined the game by making those rash decisions, a referee at the WC final has to be sensible and not make rash decisions that ruin the game"

Here is a photo I snapped of the exact second Andrés Iniesta's shot crossed the line.

Can you tell which of these fans that attended the viewing in Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland, Oregon were rooting for the Spanish?

4787910416_70e9d72d56_b.jpg

Makes some valid points but its lost for me because I know that hes thinking "oh it wasnt total football so it wasnt right" when TF is an essentially flawed system that just doesnt work now and especially wouldn't against team playing like spain who'd have had the entire dutch team playing TF right out of position and absolutely hammered them

as for the HW criticism, if Webb had sent off two of hollands players early on then that article would be reading "he ruined the game by making those rash decisions, a referee at the WC final has to be sensible and not make rash decisions that ruin the game"

I couldn't disagree more.

The Spanish passing game has all of the hallmarks of Cruyff's brand of total football he brought to Barcelona - as does the formation they used.

The Spanish passing game has all of the hallmarks of Cruyff's brand of total football he brought to Barcelona - as does the formation they used.

Exactly.

And for the bit in italics, if Webb have of booked van Bommell for that first challenge, both he and de Jong would of known there was no way they would get away with their kick Spain of the park tactics. It's fine to promote flowing football but Webb needed to assert his authority immediately not after van Bommell's third or fourth professional foul. Same should be said for Spain's diving - if only a ref/FIFA had the balls to do something about it.

Johan Cruyff none too impressed....

World Cup 2010: Dutch tactics upset Johan Cruyff

Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Netherlands' display in the World Cup final, deriding it as "anti-football".

The Dutch received nine yellow cards, and a red card for Johnny Heitinga, as they lost 1-0 to Spain in South Africa.

"Sadly, they played very dirty," Cruyff told Spanish newspaper El Periodico.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost."

Cruyff was the symbol of 'Total Football', which earned the Dutch successive World Cup final appearances in 1974 and 1978.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk appeared to opt for pragmatism over style as he led the Oranje to a third final in South Africa, but the result was the same, as Andres Iniesta scored an extra-time winner for Spain.

But Sunday's game was also notable for Netherlands' surprisingly aggressive approach.

Cruyff, along with many others, believed Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong were lucky not to be sent off before half-time, Van Bommel for a tackle from behind on Iniesta and De Jong for kicking Xabi Alonso in the chest.

"They should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage," said the 63-year-old Cruyff.

"It hurts me that Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title."

Cruyff brought his footballing philosophy to Barcelona in an eight-year spell as manager, and he is widely credited with the one-touch passing style still employed by the Catalan club, who provided the backbone of Spain's World Cup-winning squad.

However, in the Champions League semi-final last season, Pep Guardiola's side were upset by a defence-minded Inter Milan, coached by Jose Mourinho - a fact not lost on Cruyff.

"On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barca?'

"I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style, I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

"I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball."

Cruyff also joined in the criticism of English referee Howard Webb, accusing him of being too soft with the players.

"A World Cup final deserves great refereeing and, above all, deserves a referee who dares to do everything it means to be a judge," he said.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...010/8812484.stm

:unsure:

Agree upto a point, Crujiff used to like two wingers who should come off with chalk on their boots. Make the pitch as wide as possible. Spain tend to compact more, only stretching after the sending off. Spain were pressed high up the pitch (something Germany failed to do) and are vulernable on the counter, but Holland don't have any real pace. If they had scored first (and they should have) they would have won.

Edited by Park Life

Agree upto a point, Crujiff used to like two wingers who should come off with chalk on their boots. Make the pitch as wide as possible. Spain tend to compact more, only stretching after the sending off. Spain were pressed high up the pitch (something Germany failed to do) and are vulernable on the counter, but Holland don't have any real pace. If they had scored first (and they should have) they would have won.

Spain thoroughly deserved their win.

Spain thoroughly deserved their win.

Bloody gypsy dwarves. :icon_lol:

I was obviously supporting the Dutchies but I was pleased for Espana and especially Iniesta who is just a wonderful player. They were one of the few teams trying to play football in a largely piss-boring, dour tournament. Holland deserved what they got - fuck all. Also, Robben is a proper mong.

Edited by alex