What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I don't know about you but I was absolutely fucked on Friday morning, and that after four pints and a couple of whiskies. Pathetic. :lol:

Current mood: annoyed at myself for agreeing to help a friend translate his website for way below my going rate. It's turning into a right monster of a project. The lesson to be learned here: never help anybody.

I was all right. I've discovered a brief gym session can actually speed the hangover recovery.

My arse felt like I'd been broken in by that demon that took Gandalf into the depths with him though, weird because Garka Lamb doesn't normally get me that bad. I also suffered because of the burns on my lips off those flaming shots...

:lol: I'd forgotten about them in my calculations...

Me and James met at 18:00. Must have had 3 before you got there...

then me and Steve ended up at Venn St Recordshaving Rum and Cokes until kicking out time.

:cantlook:

then me and Steve ended up at Venn St Recordshaving Rum and Cokes until kicking out time.

:cantlook:

Is that 'records having....' or 'record shaving....?'

Feel down. Monday's are getting harder for me. I can pretend all I like but I fundamentally don't like my job. On Monday's in particular I miss my family so much. I have another 7 hours to see out today. Urghhh.

building is out of commision for another 2 months at least so football is down to one day a week instead of 3-4 for me,

Gym at 6 this morning before work instead, jesus i hate those places though.

(not a bad gym though price/facility wise) PureGym think it's a chain but grand for £17 a month

I used to use the PureGym in Leeds. Had to go early or late though as the rest of the time it was full of wankers. A load of black lads would be in there and stand around the weights and never use them. None of them were big lads but you couldnt get on as they wouldnt let you. Coppers were called a few times for fights. It would make me laugh, one lad who looked like Sammy Ameobi would walk around with a belt on as if he was ripped drinking protein shakes. I would be there for an hour and he wouldnt touch one peice of aparatus at all.

Like you say though, cheap and open 24/7 365. I even went at 6:30 on Christmas day a few years back.

There's one opening near-ish here soon. 20 minutes' walk rather than 10 to the nearest Fitness First, but I might be tempted given that it's half the price and it's 24 hours.

Off to the IMAX tonight to see DKR :D

Best use of the format so far IMO. Enjoy.

Andrew, yeah it is The Core.

Feeling good, my girlfriend and I have just submitted references for a flat to move into together. Obviously it's a massive step, and one I've never made before, but I'm not really that apprehensive about, which is pretty remarkable considering we've only been together for five months. But it just feels right.

Pissed off. Been diddled by work - they've increased my salary by 3% when my contract clearly states it should have risen by 11%!

Let my line manager know i'm not happy about it, so we'll see how it goes from here.

Pissed off. Been diddled by work - they've increased my salary by 3% when my contract clearly states it should have risen by 11%!

Let my line manager know i'm not happy about it, so we'll see how it goes from here.

I received an apology and the aforementioned correct pay increase. :case:

Weird one at work today. Was a break-in last night, they made off with a few pieces of equipment (photography studio) but also several thousand pounds worth of client's property. Still had to get on with the day though, strange day given the police were over etc. Talking of which the copper who dealt with us had to get lifts there and back because the cuts have hit the local force enough that they can't all have cars and require someone to deliver them back and forth like a taxi service. Joke really.

Without disclosing too much we're basically looking at at least £25k of stolen property, surreal. Sadly it's a new place so the securty wasn't great, just bad timing. The business should cope but it sets things back somewhat assuming the stolen goods aren't found.

Ah that reminds me MF - I bumped into Egyptian Eddie in the pets aisle in Wilko's today. Wincing, he said to pass on "his rash had cleared up and he is still on for the shoot" but was wanting to know "if he should bring his goat again"

Said for you to give him a call .

So I get awoken at 1.30am by what I thought was the sound of the shower on, no it was a burst pipe in the bathroom which was flooding the kitchen coming through the ceiling and lights, where is the switch to turn the water off? nobody knows

50 minutes later and a visit from the emergency plumber later and all we are left with is 2 dozen soaked towels

my ma' who usually deals with shit like this is away at the olympics, what a day to have a fucking burst pipe, still in shock

A friend of a friend found his stolen camera on eBay, told the police and they found a load of other nicked stuff at the thief's flat which was duly returned to its owners and the guy got done. Result.

Got lucky.

A mate of mine had 3 bikes nicked, found them on eBay and the police had an almighty struggle to get any information from eBay. The Police said eBay was blocked on the PC's in the station and it would take anything upto 6 weeks for eBay to release any information of the seller.

Condolences. 16 years is good doing, at least he lived a full life.

A friend of a friend found his stolen camera on eBay, told the police and they found a load of other nicked stuff at the thief's flat which was duly returned to its owners and the guy got done. Result.

Thing is for us the insurance covers all the equipment, and in fact some of it needed replacing badly anyway.

Insurance doesn't cover most of the client's stuff though, such is the quantity of it.