What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Thanks all, mums been to visit him (after forbidding me to go as Ive got this cold thats going round) and says hes looking better and in better spirits today

operations probably next week which is frustrating for us all but understandable given the time of year

other than that, its christmas eve, Ive got everything wrapped and Im going to watch a muppet christmas carol in a bit so :)

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be today. Went to see my grandparents with my brother and sister, which is always nice. Got a taxi* through to the hospital to spend a few hours with the mother, who is thankfully on the mend, taxi back to see my Uncle and we spent a while there.

*driver charged a regular fee, we tipped a little like...

Gave some cool gifts and received some.

Currently enjoying Star Wars on blu-ray (all the films) which is a great gift as it was out of the blue, the picture is awesome and the sound is quality, although I'm personally skeptical of rehashs of essentially old products it's totally class and I think I can make exceptions.

In addition got a cool book, a Kiss t-shirt :alex: and some new trainers. So pretty happy for what was destined not to be the best day!

Most of Christmas has been put off till my mam gets out but we traded gifts among siblings and made the best of it. Also my Uncle sent us a few plates of Christmas dinner over from Newcastle so I'm happy with that!

I hope everyones had a great day!

Fucking seething.

Just got my bags packed and all sorted for my flight to New York tomorrow morning. Printed off tickets for various events we're going to and then went to check in online.

I couldn't. I then rang the airline to be told that they could see my booking but that the travel agent hadn't issued the tickets and there was nothing the airline could do. I finally got the travel agent's out of hours contact after an hour of trying and they've said that it will be issued by 11.30. It'd fucking need to be.

A word of warning. Never ever book with a company called Holiday Genie / Flying Eagles.

buzzin!! typing this on my new blackberry playbook. worked this morning and got 140 for it

:) :)

I think the space bar is broken.

is the format messed up? seems fine on here

Who takes any calls from a call centre on Christmas Day like?

Genuine question btw, baffled.

sad twats complaining about their sky bill, i spent the day taking the hand but, mostly people ordering movies but. got about 6 calls over 7hours

There was a big space before the start of your sentence.

Your post just now was fine apart from messing up the quote (human error).

I hit the centre button by accident i think, they're amazing!

I'd probably work on Christmas Day if I could like. I get bored shitless after about 2 hours of being awake. Might as well be paid for it.

Glad to hear your mam's on the mend, Tom, mate.

Im glad i did, sitting around doing fuck all and getting paid £20 an hour for it. Answered the phone "hello your through to sky press 1 for customer services and 2 for anything else" beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :lol: twat :lol:

I'd probably work on Christmas Day if I could like. I get bored shitless after about 2 hours of being awake. Might as well be paid for it.

You wouldn't like, fucking depressing.

It's not great like. I know it's what I signed up for by doing nursing but I've still whinged like fuck about it every year for the last 13 years. The worst year was when I was newly qualified, living in manc and was on the early shift Christmas morning starting at 7am. My mam phoned the ward about 9am to wish me a happy christmas and at that exact moment the local salvation army band turned up and started to play Silent Night. I cried for hours :lol:

Eh I didn't think it was alcoholic?

I had some before and I'm sure it wasn't!

Get yesel some of that Lanchester ginger wine. They sell it at that garden centre just up from Lanchester if you know it. its 14.5% and has a nice little kick.

It's not great like. I know it's what I signed up for by doing nursing but I've still whinged like fuck about it every year for the last 13 years. The worst year was when I was newly qualified, living in manc and was on the early shift Christmas morning starting at 7am. My mam phoned the ward about 9am to wish me a happy christmas and at that exact moment the local salvation army band turned up and started to play Silent Night. I cried for hours :lol:

I just heard on the news that the tube drivers want triple pay and a day of in lieu for working on Boxing Day. FFS. :lol: