What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Bit low at the moment tbh. Nothing too bad, but I'm at that point in my life (not long been 25) where I'm content but unfulfilled with where my life is at and heading. My job offers little progression (and there's only a few of us so socially it doesn't offer much), I don't have a career mapped out (I'm not a particularly driven person), and I find the area I live in to be dull and a little isolated which all in all feeds into my life just feeling really sort of slow and stagnant at the moment. I do alright for myself, don't get me wrong. I've been a lot worse.

Feeling comfortable but not settled. And also lacking excitement, for want of a better word. My social life has definitely seen better days, and that gets me down as much as my lack of a proper career. Just feels like I'm wasting some good months and years of my life to an extent.

Not sure why I'm breaking a habit here by getting a little personal. Just felt like typing my feelings up.

Know exactly what you mean, and it can be a tough one to get out of. Plus it can feel really patronising/annoying when people start to give you advice (or at least its often grated on me when its happened). Having said that, CT is pretty much right, nothing changes without a bit of effort. Just gotta find something a bit different/new that you can do, or do something like a course in something you've been interested in or learn a language or whatever. [/patronising bastard]

Bit low at the moment tbh. Nothing too bad, but I'm at that point in my life (not long been 25) where I'm content but unfulfilled with where my life is at and heading. My job offers little progression (and there's only a few of us so socially it doesn't offer much), I don't have a career mapped out (I'm not a particularly driven person), and I find the area I live in to be dull and a little isolated which all in all feeds into my life just feeling really sort of slow and stagnant at the moment. I do alright for myself, don't get me wrong. I've been a lot worse.

Feeling comfortable but not settled. And also lacking excitement, for want of a better word. My social life has definitely seen better days, and that gets me down as much as my lack of a proper career. Just feels like I'm wasting some good months and years of my life to an extent.

Not sure why I'm breaking a habit here by getting a little personal. Just felt like typing my feelings up.

Do something about it. Don't know what, that depends what you want to do, but do something. Cos otherwise you're gonna find yourself in the same boat 15 years down the line. Your situation won't change unless you act to make it change.

Get yourself a girlfriend. And stop being so self absorbed. Which a girlfriend will help you with. And when you've just about had enough of her obsession with herself you'll remember tonight and how utterly tedious feeling sorry for yourself is for others.

Hope that helps :)

A tad concerned, on top of my Tramadol the doctor has also now prescribed me Amitriptyline for my back as well. I wasn't really familiar with it, but upon doing some research it's actually an anti-depressant, so it's not really something I want to be dabbling with.

Does anybody have any experiences of this?

Get yourself a girlfriend. And stop being so self absorbed. Which a girlfriend will help you with. And when you've just about had enough of her obsession with herself you'll remember tonight and how utterly tedious feeling sorry for yourself is for others.

Hope that helps :)

It doesn't help, no. In fact it's a completely pointless post.

If you don't want to read about people's moods, don't read the thread (which I don't recall posting in before).

Edited by Monroe Transfer

A tad concerned, on top of my Tramadol the doctor has also now prescribed me Amitriptyline for my back as well. I wasn't really familiar with it, but upon doing some research it's actually an anti-depressant, so it's not really something I want to be dabbling with.

Aye I've been on it in the past, and Toonraider is on it or she used to be. You've been diagnosed it as a painkiller, so it's in a much lower dosage than would be required if it was being used as an antidepressant. It'll be something like 10 to 25mg that you've been prescribed, whereas antidepressant dosages are something like 75mg and upwards.

In other words don't worry about it, cos you shouldn't be taking it in enough dosage for it to have an anti depressant effect.

Aye I've been on it in the past, and Toonraider is on it or she used to be. You've been diagnosed it as a painkiller, so it's in a much lower dosage than would be required if it was being used as an antidepressant. It'll be something like 10 to 25mg that you've been prescribed, whereas antidepressant dosages are something like 75mg and upwards.

In other words don't worry about it, cos you shouldn't be taking it in enough dosage for it to have an anti depressant effect.

:lol: You know me man.

I didn't get any side effects, other than I think it turns you into a massive lightweight with booze. So cheap nights out. There's a chance it might make you feel a bit more tired than normal, but I never really noticed that tbh. Presumably you've been told to take it just before bed, so you might find you sleep a bit deeper. That's it really.

:lol: You know me man.

:lol: Just stay below 75 and you'll be ok.

Pretty Anxious today.

I have a meeting this afternoon that I am going to get dry bummed in and then I have an interview at 5:30.

For some reason I am not that confident of this interview as I am with the others I have been to. I dont know why. Its probably because I have one mind on this shafting I am going to be getting at this meeting and the fact I have to get back to the office and then straight back out to the interview.