What mood are you in and why?

catmag

i used to live on cavendish road fish, technically balham but nearest tube was clapham south. sometimes used to have to wait on the platform for three tubes before being able to get on one, the crowds often being three or four deep. then after finally getting on, it's standing with some random's armpit in your face for half an hour. been stuck in tunnels on crowded trains after a signal failure more times than i want to remember too.

basically, i'll only ride the tube now if i have to. can't stand it.

Uneasy.

Dept had a new director appointed in February - given it the massive shake up it needed. The bloke is 38 and has already done it all with one company, now onto us. Definitely a results man and those who aren't up to the task are out - no room at all for any sentiment.

They've identified that 1st line support (helpdesk to you and me) needs to be rich with technical knowledge and ability. Up until now it's been nothing more than a glorified message taking system before being passed though to second line.

As of Monday we're implementing a 3 month transitional process where we take it from what we've got to where we want it to be. I've been asked told I'm going to be leading this new team of 6 - no change in T&Cs and given a fairly free reign to drive it to where I think it ought to be.

Mixture of excitment, opportunity but also massive trepidation that if it doesn't go right, I'm very vunerable. As a result I doubt I'll be on here much for the foreseeable future. If it all comes off like I hope it will, it should put me in a very good spot come the end of the summer when I know bigger opportuities will open up.

Fed up and fairly down in the dumps, getting away for a week to clear my head has underlined i hate the position i'm currently in, no choice but to stick with it though due to the job i'm lucky to have considering the current climate (frankly a lot of my friends who have spent a lot more time education wise would kill to be in my sort of job).

(but i've been now in this position and in a min wage/dull job, and frankly the only difference after a while is you have more shiny crap)

considering selling my car/other crap and saving for a while then jacking it in to move elsewhere even if it means going back

to doing a job i hate at considerably lower wages.

Move to Paris or Prague.

Uneasy.

Dept had a new director appointed in February - given it the massive shake up it needed. The bloke is 38 and has already done it all with one company, now onto us. Definitely a results man and those who aren't up to the task are out - no room at all for any sentiment.

They've identified that 1st line support (helpdesk to you and me) needs to be rich with technical knowledge and ability. Up until now it's been nothing more than a glorified message taking system before being passed though to second line.

As of Monday we're implementing a 3 month transitional process where we take it from what we've got to where we want it to be. I've been asked told I'm going to be leading this new team of 6 - no change in T&Cs and given a fairly free reign to drive it to where I think it ought to be.

Mixture of excitment, opportunity but also massive trepidation that if it doesn't go right, I'm very vunerable. As a result I doubt I'll be on here much for the foreseeable future. If it all comes off like I hope it will, it should put me in a very good spot come the end of the summer when I know bigger opportuities will open up.

Shit they've not improved your contract given your extra responsibility, but congrats on the opportunity.

I've had to take a £5k paycut (but a title bump) switching from contract to permanent. Not happy but their position makes sense; they can get someone on £10k less than my current contract and train them up as a permanent member of staff and farm a lot of my responsibilities throughout the rest of the team. Sure they'd be over-burdened but who gives a fuck? :rolleyes:

Still, as Ant says, in this market I'm grateful to have a well paid job which won't be going anywhere, anytime soon.

Fed up and fairly down in the dumps, getting away for a week to clear my head has underlined i hate the position i'm currently in, no choice but to stick with it though due to the job i'm lucky to have considering the current climate (frankly a lot of my friends who have spent a lot more time education wise would kill to be in my sort of job).

(but i've been now in this position and in a min wage/dull job, and frankly the only difference after a while is you have more shiny crap)

considering selling my car/other crap and saving for a while then jacking it in to move elsewhere even if it means going back to doing a job i hate at considerably lower wages.

Move to Paris or Prague.

but not London, God help you if you move to London, right?

I've had to take a £5k paycut (but a title bump) switching from contract to permanent.

Ah, you've finally bitten the bullet on that one? Can't say I blame you, for the reasons given - a job's a job and all.

Edited by Meenzer

Nervous.

Came home, tea on table , beer in glass ( and this is the clincher) , which she topped up for me when it was 2/3 empty!!!

She wants something.

( I am NOT having another baby, no way. )

Nervous.

Came home, tea on table , beer in glass ( and this is the clincher) , which she topped up for me when it was 2/3 empty!!!

She wants something.

( I am NOT having another baby, no way. )

Brace yourself. The key is not to say no straight away and pretend to discuss whatever madness is coming.....;)

Fucking hell, I feel like death today. Massive hangover after whitying all awa the shop rat arsed at about 5 am this morning. feeling fragile to say the least right now :(

Reflective. 15 years today since I lost my Mum. Not a day goes by where I dont see her smile hear her infectious laugh & feel her love.

:rip: