The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

Aye this whole charm offensive I guess they're attempting is a good indication of that. "Carver is qualified we promise" despite the fact he's fucking useless. They're welcome to give the potato headed lug a full season it'll just end up costing them fucking millions in the inevitable relegation though, so saving the million quid or so on a capable replacements wages will end up not being worth it for lard arse and his rent boy Charnley.

Think he'll be replaced in the summer.

He is by far and away the thickest bloke in the United Kingdom's media. He replies to constructive comments from ordinary people with massively defensive tweets, nearly always ending in pal. It's like in Auf Wiedesehen Pet when Stick out of Spender, thinks Moxey is trying to shag his lass in the nightclub, and he says pal 4 times prodding him in his upper chest.

:lol: at Spender.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-issues-newcastle-united-must-8699586#rlabs=2

The five issues Newcastle United MUST sort out before their next game with Aston Villa

4. Is there a campaign to land John carver the job by the Newcastle Chronicle?
No. A common misconception seems to be reporting quotes from Carver is deemed as championing his cause.
The reality is the Chronicle has sent reporters to press conferences down the decades to obtain quotes from WHOEVER is manager and relay them to readers.
There has been plenty of coverage of Frank De Boer, Remi Garde and Christophe Galtier’s chances of getting the job but that would not class as a campaign for their causes either.
My own stance on the subject is simple.
Newcastle need a winning head coach or manager - and quickly.
At the moment Carver is not winning.
Alan Pardew lost more games than he won and fans wanted him to go.
He has not been replaced by what some fans see as a suitable successor.
However, that is a club issue within the four walls of St James’ Park which extends beyond the training ground.

So one of the issues the club need to sort out before Villa is to deny they're in league with the Ronny Gill with the aim of getting Carver the job full time? Or is that just a rattled Trinity Mirror regional sports writer feeling the heat? :lol:

I've also read issue number three a few times and yes it's late, but it doesn't make sense.

3. Is Newcastle’s overall operation on such a low budget putting managerial candidates off taking the job on a full-time basis?

Should he put 'That it's' in between the word budget' and the word 'putting'?

Is anyone else familiar with the four walls of st James' park that extend beyond the training ground? I've never seen them myself, Lee. They must be a canny size

Yes that struck me as gibberish too.

Its an appalling piece of writing from a fourth form student let alone a professional journalist

It's hilarious how everything in the Chron's football coverage is '5 key issues about...' as if 5 is the magic number for an article. In this case he really struggled to come up with the 5 required :lol:

5 things we learnt from this article by Lee Ryder:

1. English is not his first language

2. He has nothing interesting to say

3. He often cannot convey a point at all

4. He likes lists of 5 things

5. But struggles to fill them

Er thats it. Roll the presses!

Alan Oliver was canny shite but he occasionally got it spot on and you could have a bit of a laugh playing cliche bingo. WIth Ryder though it's just fucking painful to read. He's petty as fuck as well, not to mention having far too thin a skin, biting at every jibe on social media etc. And all that article shows is that he probably is trying to get his main (possibly only) source of info at the club the manager's job full-time. Which is the exact opposite of what its trying to achieve :lol:

Edited by Alex

85% of the people on here are more intelligent than Lee Ryder, even me with half of my brain missing. He won a writers award a few months ago, and for me it's like Mike Williamson winning World Footballer of the Year, only more astonishing.

He can't write, that's for sure. I just assume the copy editors are just as bad at the chronicle these days when you look at some of the stuff they publish.

Papers will employ prolific news gatherers who can't write for shit but he doesn't even break many stories. Fuck knows why he's in the job.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'm surprised it's that much tbh.

I'd be offended if it's that much! The bloke should be trying to get people to pay for some splash in a bog in the Bigg Market not being paid to come up with five (I assume that's as far as his can count) reason's why we should be rimming bo selecta until he's made permanent head coach.