The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The secret diary of Lee Ryder aged 44 and a half   16/02/2019   Oh this year we're off to sunny Spain! Y Viva Espana! EEEh ya fucka, diary. The things ah get to do in this crazy wo

"Well diary, long time no see, ah was just about to set off for graft as some clever cunt, or so-called clever cunt had intraduc, introjuice, err brought in social distancing into Thomson house and we

The secret diary of Lee Ryder aged 44 and a half   16/02/2018   The Rise and Fall of the Ryder Empire.   Alreet diary? Been a while like. Ah thought mebbeez it was time t

Posted Images

Aye, in the big concrete slide park. 

That thing (the slide) was fucking lethal. 

Edit; I think it might still be there. 

The concrete pitches and walls it was on definitely are. 

Found Terry Mac signing it, I recognise two of the kids on it as well :D

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/terry-mcdermott-newcastle-united-player-at-killingworth-news-photo/860064900?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#terry-mcdermott-newcastle-united-player-at-killingworth-play-area-to-picture-id860064900

The kid nearest to Terry was a proper :D 

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, in the big concrete slide park. 

That thing (the slide) was fucking lethal. 

Edit; I think it might still be there. 

The concrete pitches and walls it was on definitely are. 

Found Terry Mac signing it, I recognise two of the kids on it as well :D

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/terry-mcdermott-newcastle-united-player-at-killingworth-news-photo/860064900?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#terry-mcdermott-newcastle-united-player-at-killingworth-play-area-to-picture-id860064900

The kid nearest to Terry was a proper :D 

:D There's a picture of it I had on a post card I had. Got it in The Side gallery so was presumably taken be one of Amber collective. I remember it from forays into enemy territory when I lived in Burry ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a great Ryder story the other day actually. Basically, he always has his predicted line-ups when he's doing match previews and for, I think, Watford or Man United, one of the two, he put Dummett in at left-back, even when Rafa had come out and said he wasn't fit enough to play. So, one of the junior writers changed it to Manquillo to avoid their chief sports writer looking like a buffoon and published it. Apparently when Ryder found out, he kicked off big style asking why they'd changed it until someone pointed out Rafa's pre-match quotes, which Ryder had quoted in his preview, that pointed to Dummett not playing :lol: I'll try and remember some more but that one is double verified.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

classic ryder prose. didn't even need to check the byline to know who penned this non-story

If Newcastle merely emerge without being demoralised against moneybags Man City that may count as something positive for United, even if it is something nobody will be shouting about.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-handed-odds-181-14156590

When you take a look at Lee Ryder, how he writes, his attitude, the unbelievably incredible fact he wins journalistic awards, you have to say it would be easy to make a film about him.  It would be the funniest film in recent years, I'd camp out over night to be the first one to see it.

• 2 weeks later...