Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The higher up the better as it says. Reckon we'll see him playing in March.

You honestly think you know every single thing about ben arfa because he's french, jesus wept. are you a doctor or something?

You honestly think you know every single thing about ben arfa because he's french, jesus wept. are you a doctor or something?

why would he think that? Parky's not French himself you know, he's basing it on what the doctor said about Cisse being back in 5 months and his break being worse than Barfa.

why would he think that? Parky's not French himself you know, he's basing it on what the doctor said about Cisse being back in 5 months and his break being worse than Barfa.

I know he's not french. it's because he lives in france or summat, take a look at all his posts in this thread

I know he's not french. it's because he lives in france or summat, take a look at all his posts in this thread

think he lives in Germany

think he lives in Germany

do you?

Latest on Ben Arfa in the sunday sun:

Ben Arfa’s agent Simon Stainrod told the Sunday Sun today:

“One of the doctors involved with Hatem is the same French doctor that operated on Cisse so he knows what he’s doing,”“Hatem’s tibia was broken quite high up which is actually relatively good news. It means there won’t be any complications and he’s been told he will come back as good as before.”

“Once it’s healed he’ll be back to where he was before this ever happened.” “It’s too early to talk about exact comeback dates but Cisse, who is a friend of Hatem’s, told him he was back after five months. I think that break was actually worse than Hatem’s, so we’ll see.”

“If he is back in five months we’d be delighted but the most important thing is that when he comes back, he’s 100%. I think everyone around him is feeling confident and positive that he’ll be as good as before and Hatem is psychologically very strong.”

I really, really hope this turns out to be the case, because i'm worried that the kid comes back and is a shadow of the player he was going to be. Maybe there is a little bit of hope that he could be at least close to his best if not as good as new, and possibly even as good as before.

Wonder if that's the same Stainrod who played for QPR and Villa in the 80s? If so he's obviously an ex player who will have experience of injuries and convalescence.

Kevin, do you have to be an utter dickhead in every thread you post in? :lol:

That shit bit of MOTD2 where that fat nobhead goes to some nothing club was at the Wolves game on tonight's show, asking an ex Wolves player what he thought about Danny Murphy's comments. Quite why he bothered in the first place (Bull predictably laughed off the accusations) is one question, but what really got my goat was the emphasis on the controversy of the game being "too physical", which is not the problem at all.

Only just seen the video of the tackle on Ben Arfa. Ouch! No idea how the FA let De Jong (a player with a record of playing dirty, like in the World Cup final) get away with what he did but Man City seem to get away with a lot of things these days. The ref was blatantly in their favour in the Blackpool match yesterday.

Shame about what's happened to him, he seems like a talented player, that little screamer against Everton was well taken.

I'd put the two tackles on a par. You can't say one tackle is worse than another just because of the outcome either because some of the most innocuous looking ones result in horrific injuries and vice-versa. The point about the respective builds is bollocks too. Both in regard to the assessment of Bernard's build (solid little bloke) and the suggestion it makes any difference to how easy it is to injure players with a challenge.

Fair enough, its probs fresher im your memory than mine as there's obviously still some feeling of injustice because it lead to us scoring then penalty. I've had a look on the internet to see if I can find it to refresh my memory but can't find it anywhere... so if anyone can post some pics for comparison then it would be interesting.

But yeah both very bad challenges so splitting hairs I suppose even if we do decide on a "winner".

I think build can play a part though... If Nolan did that to my skinny noodle legs i'd probs never walk again :o

It's all to do with the circumstances re: the challenge imo. Or at least that's the biggest factor, i.e. studs getting caught in the turf etc.

Anyway Andy, I think you're alright and decent crack for what it's worth so I don't want to argue the toss with you too much. I think we're all just pissed off with a thug like De Jong injuring another player intentionally. Especially seeing as he looked the part for us and we haven't got a lot to cheer about.

Cheers Alex, yeah I agree there's too much of it at the moment... That Karl henry one at the weekend was shocking too... seriously looked like the opposing player (I forget who it was) had been hit by a car the way he went flying. No way was there any intention to play the ball.

I know what you're saying about Ben Arfa, that goal he scored against us showed the class he had, and its a shame for you's and for the league that he's going to miss probably the rest of the season... could have been a great player for you's and the creative spark you need.

I notice Pires is training at arsenal at the moment... do you think it would be worth seeing if he could do a job for you's? Wont be the player he once was but certainly has an eye for a killer pass.

Haven't seen enough of Pires in recent years but I'd guess he's at the stage in his career where he needs players buzzing around him. Not sure we'd give him that.

Yeah me neither tbh, sometimes it sounds like a good idea but in reality their legs have gone and they aren't as hungry anymore.

In talks with Crawley apparently.

Not sure we'd be able to match their wages. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else trying to forget this guy exists?

All I really want from this season is survival. Survival, getting Ben Arfa back for a few games and then signing him would be a perfect scenario as far as I'm concerned.

His injury is saddening not just because it rules him out of so many games, but also because it takes away a creative dimension and a unique option tactically speaking for Hughton. And on top of that there's the worry that because he won't play the 25 matches, he might not remain here past this season. Marseille could seek anything they wanted in the Summer, couldn't they? The 25 game clause was perfect at the time for us.

Highly doubtful that the suffering of a probably season ending injury will actually increase his price.

Chris will no doubt still be keen to sign him assuming his recovery goes according to plan, but at the same time I could see the club trying to renegotiate the transfer for less.

Highly doubtful that the suffering of a probably season ending injury will actually increase his price.

Chris will no doubt still be keen to sign him assuming his recovery goes according to plan, but at the same time I could see the club trying to renegotiate the transfer for less.

Best thing to happen [re: the injury] in this financial year, for the club's balance sheets, under the proviso that we retain our premiership status. That's looking at from Ashley's perspective.

I think we'll bypass Marseille [Dessier in particular] altogether, as Dessier is answerable to his board. As such Marseille won't budge much in any sort of negotiations over the Summer, as far as trying to stick in principle to the 5m figure because at the end of the day it was freak injury which has scuppered the deal/clause.

Webster move on the horizon, and another likely notch on Ashley's belt ie. another chairman effectively beaten-up or out-maneuvered re: boardroom politics.

Edited by Year Zero

I really hope we don't try and barter with Marseille. Unless the injury has completely fucked him £5 million is a bloody steal.

Agree.

With him Barton, Tiote, Jonas and Nolan our midfield is top half material. Decent subs with Guthrie, Gosling, Vuckic, Routledge, though a little lacking in depth out wide.

Edited by OzToonFan

• 1 month later...
Back in training end of Jan. :icon_lol:

Great news. He must be the bionic man.

Breaks were high up the leg apparently which as someone said a few weeks ago is about the best place for them for healing. I reckon he'll be playing in Feb.