Newcastle United 1-2 Stoke City

Wavey Davey

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perch is an easy scapegoat. We lost our control of the midfield when Arfa/Tiote came off and were even more infertile going forward. Routledge was shit and picked the ball up moving into our own half all the time. The only time he makes a forward run he's offside, either goes backwards or sideways and his final delivery is shit. Should start with Guti on the right imo and Routledge on the bench.

Routledge wasn't shit! What game were you watching? His pace alone causes problems, so he doesn't cut defences apart like championship, so what? He works so hard, beats his man most times and gets back and defends.

LOONYtoon....apt.

Routledge was wank man.

Routledge need a rest to revitalise. Jonas will give more value over a full game, and Routledge can add some punch off the bench with his pace. Always seems to start games brightly but then burns out quickly and becomes frustrated and frustrating.

Amdy Faye/Cheick Tiote WTF? :lol:

Routledge need a rest to revitalise. Jonas will give more value over a full game, and Routledge can add some punch off the bench with his pace. Always seems to start games brightly but then burns out quickly and becomes frustrated and frustrating.

I agree about Routledge, i do like him but he has been shit of late. Got to be Gutierrez and Ben Arfa next.

This guys a clown if he was even remotely serious with that comment....Tiote looks quality!

Perch is an easy scapegoat. We lost our control of the midfield when Arfa/Tiote came off and were even more infertile going forward. Routledge was shit and picked the ball up moving into our own half all the time. The only time he makes a forward run he's offside, either goes backwards or sideways and his final delivery is shit. Should start with Guti on the right imo and Routledge on the bench.

Routledge wasn't shit! What game were you watching? His pace alone causes problems, so he doesn't cut defences apart like championship, so what? He works so hard, beats his man most times and gets back and defends.

you talk some shit you loony cunt. fuck off back to smb.

I agree about Routledge, i do like him but he has been shit of late. Got to be Gutierrez and Ben Arfa next.

This guys a clown if he was even remotely serious with that comment....Tiote looks quality!

Stumbled around if pressured and was lucky to get away with a few loose balls. lack of actual tackles - didn't see much quality tbh.

He did look good last week so I hope it was an off day - which it has to be said applies to Barton compared with last well as well.

Nolan must have way too much influence off the pitch. Watch the games Chris, he doesn't offer value over 90 minutes. He spent most of the game today feeding around behind Carroll for scraps that never came. When he did get a chance to put a shot in after good lead-up work from Jonas he sliced it well wide. No value = No point. The area in which he plays also prevents Joey Barton from pressing higher up the pitch, A Joey Barton who's actually looking relatively potent either having a shot himself or picking a pass through for someone else.

Really really disappointing to get exactly what you expect from a side (in the second half) and to still lose to it in 45 minutes with a goal head start on our own pitch. :lol:

Stumbled around if pressured and was lucky to get away with a few loose balls. lack of actual tackles - didn't see much quality tbh.

He did look good last week so I hope it was an off day - which it has to be said applies to Barton compared with last well as well.

No offence but your talkin out your rectum fella.

Tiote looked calm and collected, spread the play, tidied up, pressed and overall done VERY well.

And as for Barton.....his passing was pretty good. Remember Stoke play very compact which for any team is hard to break down.

Aye your as pissed off and as frustrated as the rest of us but seriously your talkin shit.

Routledge was shit. Perch was shit. Nolan could of done more as too so could Carroll.

Stoke = tallest team in the prem.

what do we do? lump balls to carrol.

Carroll has been found out imho. Yes he's a great header of the ball but when he's being double teamed by two big centre halves (just like Kevin last night) it becomes near impossible for him to create opportunities, especially when the crosses from the right side of the field could end up anywhere.

That just leaves the fat man who seriously looked off the pace today and I have my reservations whether we would have scored at all today were it not for the penalty.

CH can see it, can't he???

Edited by sammynb

Gutted, we looked strong calm and composed in the first half Stoke could do nothing but be their dirty selves by fouling us constantly round the box then we come out and let them play their game 2nd half add that too the clueless substitutions and the fact Perch was playing and that's why we capitulated.

What a horrible result. Did not deserve to lose that one ffs.

If Newcastle want to do anything this season, they need to have Tiote and Ben Arfa on the pitch for as long as possible. The Tiote switch was baffling to me. He's a rock back there and could have provided some calm during the last 20 minutes.

And I know a lot of you love Joey Barton, and he has played a lot better this season, but I'm telling you, they will always have trouble creating good chances along the deck if a change isn't made eventually. Perhaps moving Arfa in that role and return Jonas back to his left wing would be more constructive. Do not be fooled with that 6- love drubbing of Villa. Most of those goals came off scrambles in the box, and one that A. Carrol created himself.

But all in all, the club is building nicely since being promoted. Eventually, a good pacey striker would be a nice addition along with other additions to the club to replace those that are, imo, wrongly being adored by its supporters right now.

If Newcastle want to do anything this season, they need to have Tiote and Ben Arfa on the pitch for as long as possible. The Tiote switch was baffling to me. He's a rock back there and could have provided some calm during the last 20 minutes.

And I know a lot of you love Joey Barton, and he has played a lot better this season, but I'm telling you, they will always have trouble creating good chances along the deck if a change isn't made eventually. Perhaps moving Arfa in that role and return Jonas back to his left wing would be more constructive. Do not be fooled with that 6- love drubbing of Villa. Most of those goals came off scrambles in the box, and one that A. Carrol created himself.

But all in all, the club is building nicely since being promoted. Eventually, a good pacey striker would be a nice addition along with other additions to the club to replace those that are, imo, wrongly being adored by its supporters right now.

Who?

Carroll was poor as well, started coming deep in the first half. When Arfa made a good run down the wing Carroll was there with him outside the box. We were desperately short of someone up front who offers something on the deck.

I agree.

Carroll NEEDS to be told to stay central at all times, and if you play Nolan the same thing with him also.

That then gives us options all the time when balls come in from out wide be it crosses or pull backs for our strikers in the air or attackers bursting late.

Of course for this to be of any relevance we need good service into the box.

Perch and Routlegde on the right are shit.

Enrique could do more, where as Ben Arfa looks like he has a good delivery as well as ability in running at defenders.

Have to say i seem to have been watching a completely different player to you. Tiote was everywhere, stoppign there attacks and whenever he got the ball he used it and got us moving, he looked a top aquisition to me. And it was quite clear once him and Ben Arfa were off we lost the plot. With them we have control of possesion and were knocking it about, unfortunately in their half we created jack shit, but we did keep the ball! Once they were both gone we were seriously struggling.

Unless he was injured i have no idea what Hughton was doing with Ben Arfa, yes he wasn't storming it, but he was moving it round simply and accurately and there was always the chance he'd pull something out.

And simply put Perch looks every bit the player Forest fans all said wasn't good enough even for the championship, he is way out of his depth. Before his goal he'd twice fucked up leading to them getting chances in the box which hit the woodwork/were missed. I reckon he must have been with the Pakistan cricketers and had a bet on Stoke because when they didn't take advantage of his gifts he thought fuck it, i'll do it myself and burried the header.

So far he's achieved 5 yellows, a pen against Wolves he got away with and the winner for stoke today, Raylor is looking like a world beater now!

Who?

Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan for one. A stronger CB that is good in the air to replace Collocini, although Collo has been pretty solid this season thus far. If the club has ambitions other than survival, these are the decisions that have to be made. But in due time. So far so good in picking up Tiote and Ben Arfa.

Edited by LooneyToony

Have to say i seem to have been watching a completely different player to you. Tiote was everywhere, stoppign there attacks and whenever he got the ball he used it and got us moving, he looked a top aquisition to me.

I honestly thought he was a lot better last week - he did do a lot right but maybe it was just my nervous expectation at what would happen at 1-0 that made me notice things he got away with more than I should.

Have to say i seem to have been watching a completely different player to you. Tiote was everywhere, stoppign there attacks and whenever he got the ball he used it and got us moving, he looked a top aquisition to me.

I honestly thought he was a lot better last week - he did do a lot right but maybe it was just my nervous expectation at what would happen at 1-0 that made me notice things he got away with more than I should.

I do know what you mean that maybe he had a couple of close shaves, because he did have 1 or 2 where they might have snatched it off him and i think he did lose one by taking a risk, but he looks the part to me, controlled the game for us in a way Smith could never dream of but unfortunately we just didn't use our possesion. I think Sorensen probably had about 1 save to make all match which is far worse than our performance against Blackpool, which wasn't great!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Who?

Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan for one. A stronger CB that is good in the air to replace Collocini, although Collo has been pretty solid this season thus far. If the club has ambitions other than survival, these are the decisions that have to be made. But in due time. So far so good in picking up Tiote and Ben Arfa.

I dont think ANYONE on here adores Barton or Nolan for that matter.

Id say Nolan is more contempted, where as i think alot of people are giving Barton a chance to actually do a job for us, and up till now, is doing pretty well.