Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You're not going to believe this, man!

Alan Pardew:

"After having the international cuisine days last year we thought we'd try something I did when I was at Charlton which we called 'tribute day'. It's where we celebrate one of our players who have excelled or just done something to make a difference. We usually invite their partners into the training ground or their family. A while back I heard a young fan say to his Dad, (I can't really do the Geordie voice but it was something like), 'Eee Dad, who's that keeper, man, it isn't Krul', and the Father replied that it was Rob Eliott. So the young boy says 'is he any good, Dad?' the Dad then told him he was a 'bulls knacker'. I'd no idea what he meant so I turned round to Andy Woodman on the bench and he didn't have a clue either, so I asked Stoney who's a Geordie and he said it meant he was the Dogs nuts., so there you are, I thought well done Rob, so we made him the first 'Tribute day'. I invited his Mum and Dad up from Sidcup and after training we presented him with a small glass goblet and pulled back a curtain with a poster of Rob with his name on and 'Bulls Knacker' underneath it. We explained to Rob it's Geordie meaning and he was chuffed to bits let me tell you, I was talking to his Mum and I caught his Dad, John, looking at the poster so I told him he must be very proud, that was Rob Eliott, his boy, a proper Bulls Knacker. Even Stoney, a hard nosed unsentimental Geordie got all emotional, covering his mouth and running out the door. He wont thank me for saying it but I swear I could hear him sobbing in the corridor."

http://www.standard.co.uk/pasportsfeeds/pardew-savours-cabaye-display-9020719.html?origin=internalSearch

:lol:

You're not going to believe this, man!

Alan Pardew:

"After having the international cuisine days last year we thought we'd try something I did when I was at Charlton which we called 'tribute day'. It's where we celebrate one of our players who have excelled or just done something to make a difference. We usually invite their partners into the training ground or their family. A while back I heard a young fan say to his Dad, (I can't really do the Geordie voice but it was something like), 'Eee Dad, who's that keeper, man, it isn't Krul', and the Father replied that it was Rob Eliott. So the young boy says 'is he any good, Dad?' the Dad then told him he was a 'bulls knacker'. I'd no idea what he meant so I turned round to Andy Woodman on the bench and he didn't have a clue either, so I asked Stoney who's a Geordie and he said it meant he was the Dogs nuts., so there you are, I thought well done Rob, so we made him the first 'Tribute day'. I invited his Mum and Dad up from Sidcup and after training we presented him with a small glass goblet and pulled back a curtain with a poster of Rob with his name on and 'Bulls Knacker' underneath it. We explained to Rob it's Geordie meaning and he was chuffed to bits let me tell you, I was talking to his Mum and I caught his Dad, John, looking at the poster so I told him he must be very proud, that was Rob Eliott, his boy, a proper Bulls Knacker. Even Stoney, a hard nosed unsentimental Geordie got all emotional, covering his mouth and running out the door. He wont thank me for saying it but I swear I could hear him sobbing in the corridor."

http://www.standard.co.uk/pasportsfeeds/pardew-savours-cabaye-display-9020719.html?origin=internalSearch

I so want this to be true :lol:

More from that article:

Recognition

"We also love to get some recognition to some of our players who aren't getting a regular game as well and the Cardiff tie was a fabulous opportunity for that if I'm being honest. It was a big blow going out of the cup but there was positives to take out of it, for example, some of of our younger fans who don't always get the chance to come along to the reserve games may never have seen the likes of Rob Eliott, Sammy and Gab (Gabriel Obertan) etc so it was good for them too. It was really great seeing so many young kids at the game with their parents and the bit about recognition soon came into play. One Dad was quizzing his boy asking him him if he recognised some of the players. "Who's number ten?" he said. "Easy! That's Ben Arfa!" the boy replied. "Ok, then" the Dad said, "Who's the Clown jumping up in front of the Gallowgate pumping his fists towards the floor?" and the boy said it was Tayls, (Even I got that one!). but then he looked at Gabby coming on as a sub and me and Andy Woodman looked at each other, I thought to myself, please recognise Gabby as his confidence is shot and obviously Andy was thinking the same. So out the Dad comes with the question, (I can't really do the Geordie accent), "Howay the bonny lad, who's that?" We all waited to see if he knew and Gab was listening as well. "Errrm.......I think it's Obertan, Dad." We was all pleased as punch he recognised Gabby and the Dad asked how he knew? "Because his head is massive and he tripped up running on the pitch, Dad" the boy said. As I said, it was fabulous the boy knew everyone and it obviously meant a lot to Gabby too as I could see the tears welling up with pride. Trust me, moments like that are gold dust."

Edited by Howmanheyman

Alan Pardew.

“I want to finish higher than 5th, that is my best finish as a Premier League manager and I want to beat it.

“Can the club do it? Yeah, why not?
“I am always bothered by criticism of the club – I think it is unfair really, but criticism is so fierce.
“What’s success and what’s failure.
“If I went to Stoke or Villa and said to their fans – ‘Is what we are having success?’ – they would probably say yes.
“To our fans it is no, I accept that.”

Alan Pardew.

I want to finish higher than 5th, that is my best finish as a Premier League manager and I want to beat it.

Can the club do it? Yeah, why not?

I am always bothered by criticism of the club I think it is unfair really, but criticism is so fierce.

Whats success and whats failure.

If I went to Stoke or Villa and said to their fans Is what we are having success? they would probably say yes.

To our fans it is no, I accept that.

Best one of the lot , keep em coming HMHM....

.... Wait.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/now-alan-pardew-compares-newcastle-stoke-newcastle-v-stoke/

If I went to Stoke or Villa and said to their fans Is what we are having success? they would probably say yes.

I picture the David Brent face there where he lists his heroes...

"I'd go Milligan, Cleese, Everett.......... Sessions. "

godfather01.jpg

"I believe in Newcastle United. Newcastle United has made my fortune. And I coached my squad in the Geordie fashion. They had a game, not a Premier league game, they didn't play well, I didn't protest. Then they got beat by Cardiff! By that son of a bitch, Solskjaer! They didn't even weep. But I wept. We were out of the cup that very day! I stood by the pitch like a fool, and those bastards, they smiled at me. Then I said to my wife, "For success, we must go to Don Corleone."

A%252BVito%252BCorleone.jpg

"What do you call success?"

the-godfather-1.jpg

"Whispers.......... We are in the top ten, Don Corleone."

A%252BVito%252BCorleone.jpg

"That is not success, Signor Pardew."

Plenty in this thread 'taking issue' with a perfectly coherent statement to be going on with too.

Someone in the match thread said it was the disallowed goal that changed the game. Totally incorrect. Pardew had us at them and we were on top when the goal was disallowed and we never let go of that apart from a few moments of class from City. 1-1 would have been a fair result but Pardew won't get any credit for that.

Plenty in this thread 'taking issue' with a perfectly coherent statement to be going on with too.

Someone in the match thread said it was the disallowed goal that changed the game. Totally incorrect. Pardew had us at them and we were on top when the goal was disallowed and we never let go of that apart from a few moments of class from City. 1-1 would have been a fair result but Pardew won't get any credit for that.

I'd agree - we played well, although we were a bit wild once that decision went against us. We were always up against it in this game, hopefully we can get to a similar level in the next one.