Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eh? Dont we have the highest number of long balls played in the league?

We've been trying to pass it on the deck recently though, just not so successfully. I think there was a period when we were struggling with injuries and had to resort to hit and hope football for the most part. Otherwise I dont think that would ever be our plan of attack. Not with how shit we are in the air.

Yeah like I said when we were struggling in injuires, we got the new boys in from January onwards.

Must have been some long ball fest before January though if we still have the highest number in the league despite that stat :P

Actually, I was talking bollocks :lol:

Southampton, Man U and QPRs season average is lower than ours since January too.

Still, lately we've played less long balls than 3/4 of the league.

Think we need to define "hoofball" though. I see it as our defenders/keeper launching it into the opposition half. Most annoyingly when not under any pressure, but also whenever we're soaking up wave after wave of attack.

We saw an awful lot of that early in the season. That is what we're inclined to do with Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Krul and Perch in the team. Their replacements have been much less inclined to play that way. Coloccini, Elliot, Haidara, Santon, Mbiwa and Debuchy are all MUCH more inclined to play a short pass, than a long hoof. This is where we've seen a reduction in long balls.

That said. Pardew has no clue whatsoever about what it takes to have a team play through an opposing defence. Where we STILL persist in long balls is from further up the field, no matter how long we pass it around in midfield, go back to the keeper, try both wings....in the end....inevitibly...if Ben Arfa doesn't run with it into the box, if Cabaye doesn't have a shot from distance, we float an aimless one into the box in the hope of somone getting on the end. It's infuriating to see this pattern played out ad nauseum and understandable the frustration it creates in the stands.

Yesterday on 3 very clear occasions, Steven Taylor collected possession with a number of alternatives on. All of the short options required calmness and a bit of technique. Each time he punted it, once long and into touch on the volley. Nothing to do with Pardew.

Edited by ChezGiven

Nowt wrong with the way we are trying to play.....how many times did Tiote lose the ball yesterday?........he's lost all the confidence he had 18 months ago because he's been told to stop getting booked if he wants to play at the top level iyam. Maybe it is Pardew's job to help the player find the middle ground where controlled aggression is the name of the game. At the moment the poor fucker is like a lost soul in most games. This may be where Pardew lacks a bit, but he did get Ben Arfa playing the way he wanted him to, so we'll see. Thing is he may not have a lot of time next season to sort things like this out...I think he's on borrowed time tbh if we don't see a distinct improvement from the off next season.

Time to get rid of Tiote whilst the rest of the league hasn't become completely wise to his limited ability as a footballer.

He's limited to a certain job on the pitch, but hes shown he can do that job very well. Nobody slated Makalele because he wasn't Zidane...

In all honesty I have no idea how he doesn't get dispossessed far more often, he does the same thing every time to make himself room, turns his back and then does that turn/drag to make room and pass it off, it's odd you'd think by now opposition would have went "aha! you've been doing this for two/three seasons.. i know your game" but nope.

need stop him pushing up as far imo, stay back go from one side to the other sweeping up, his shooting is crap, his long passing is crap... going forward is not going to help... just stay back sweep up and pass it off.

It'd stop him getting so many fecking bookings and all and throwing himself into tackles, give more time to read the incoming attack and position himself to hold up play.

Tiote is exactly the type of person who should play the "makelele" role and try nothing more, he's not one of these DM's who has a range of abilities like Pirlo/Alonso/Khederia , he's simply there to be a strong nuisance and break up play like Gattusso/Makelele would do.

Mostly agree, and in a narrow 3 in midfield we should be able to accommodate him if he was to stick to the basics. Theres issues in every area of the team, but this one is possibly the most glaring. I think Cabaye is off, and I think this was only after he was persuaded to give it one more season here last summer. I also think that Anita was signed with this in mind. The player we need in there is a Carrick or a Huddlestone type iyam. Someone who treasures possession and then you can build the team round them. But neither of these are either young or French. C'est la vie, as Dekka and Mike would say...possibly...

Well Pardew isn't going to start utilising him properly any time soon then.

Get rid.

Have a count up of the players who are definetly leaving, and then look at how many we signed in Janaury. Then picture Mike Ashley looking counting how much money he could end up conceiveably shelling out if he was to get rid of perfectly serviceable members of the squad who just need the correct handling. Its not going to happen iyam.

Fly me to the moon Dekka, this has got me damp in the gusset area in anticipation of next season :glare:

Dekka spaeketh:

"There has been a great deal of speculation in recent weeks but our desire, as we announced back in September, is to bring long-term stability to this club. It's up to us all now to work closely as a team to ensure next season sees us competing in the top half of the table again.

"We would all like to thank the fans for their continued support and assure them we remain committed to providing affordable football at St. James' Park."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/10440745._/