Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's a vainglorious, narcissistic, blameless cunt. Other than that I agree with you.I

I agree with you too...!

He never pissed me off as much as McClaren grinning his face off after getting tonked 5-0 off Chelsea....

• 1 month later...

Pardew is very smart in training but he’s too hot tempered in matches, so he even forgets how many substitutes are left.

He told me to warm up, then we used all three substitutes, so I sat on the bench again. Five minutes later, he told me to warm up again so I told him there was no substitutes left. He just said: “Oh, sorry”.
Pardew also made me train as a starter for the whole week and decided to leave me out on matchday as an injured player who had not trained all week recovered and felt OK on the day. That was absurd.
Pardew said he had wanted to sign me at Newcastle as well. It seemed that he really wanted to sign me so I decided to join Crystal Palace. But I got injured in January and returned in April.
During that time, Crystal Palace did really well with [Jason] Puncheon, [Yannick] Bolasie and [Wilfried] Zaha. So my place was gone.
Pardew runs the team with very short-term vision. We have a great squad but he plays the same players again and again until someone gets injured.
Then his replacement cannot play well because he is playing for the first time in two months. I think that’s why we have not done well in the latter half of season.

Lee Chung-Yong.

I really don't get the vitriol aimed at him.

He didn't cost us much in wages, he left for another club so no payout, he didn't get us relegated, he got us a top 5 finish and I'd be interested to see the net spend during his time here.

I certainly don't hate Pardew

This is just my opinion which some may think is horseshit, but here goes nowt. For me, Pardew is responsible for the dissemination of "mediocrity is okay" and the destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened many supporters, some of whom were pushed over the edge so much they've either jacked their season tickets and don't go to games anymore, and at most, lost all interest in the club at all. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters, (especially mine, the amount of people I know who claim to be either Manchester United or City fans is ridiculous) and he has created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club. Now I'm not saying he is solely responsible for the numerous situations the club and supporters have found themselves in over the 4 years he was here and the 2 since he's left, but he was the chief facilitator and I think he will be, imo, rightly reviled for his part in the ruination of the once proud club I love.

Edited by Haydnator

For me, Pardew is responsible for the dissemination of "mediocrity is okay" and the destruction of expectations

12th

5th

16th

10th

And left on 10th

Those league positions are fine for me

Edited by gpirlo68

12th

5th

16th

10th

And left on 10th

Those league positions are fine for me

I know that those positions look like the dizzy heights atm, but it wasn't just how we were performing in the PL, it was the brand of football, and all of the bullshit that came out of his mouth in press conferences or in interviews, where he would fank Mike and say things such as "we can't compete with Southampton". We were almost relegated under him, he broke records, one of those being worst home defeat since 1925, and the start of the annual humping from the mackems in our own backyard.

We went on this run in that 10th season:

PnLmIiK.png

Edited by Haydnator

I know that those positions look like the dizzy heights atm, but it wasn't just how we were performing in the PL, it was the brand of football, and all of the bullshit that came out of his mouth in press conferences or in interviews, where he would fank Mike and say things such as "we can't compete with Southampton". We were almost relegated under him, he broke records, one of those being worst home defeat since 1925, and the start of the annual humping from the mackems in our own backyard.

We went on this run in that 10th season:

PnLmIiK.png

To be fair the 10th position is very deceiving, it certainly didn't feel like we finished mid table.

If only we were able to bring in Rafa when Pardew left

One other thing that was so depressing under Pardew was the acceptance. I recall in one earlier thread we were talking about when we lost 0-1 at home to Sheffield United under Roeder back in 2006, remember when that goal went in? Being in St James', especially for me being only 6 at the time, was the most uncomfortable thing in the world, the atmosphere was absolutely vile. I've been told there were many similar occasions under Souness. Yet we'd get walloped at home to Sunderland 0-3 constantly and suffer our worst home defeat in 90 or 80 odd years to Liverpool under Pardew and there was barely a response.

hayd, I'd say you can swap the word Pardew for Ashley and you are spot on. It's Ashley that's done all of those things, and Pardew just allowed it to happen as its his job to do so. People with integrity like Keegan, wouldn't stand for it.

Pardew is still a cunt mind, just I think even he can't take the blame for how the club has been run in his time here, he was merely a puppet.

Edited by scoobos

Actually saying that, I forgot Carver. Pardew makes top 4.

I think my list would go

Benitez

Hughton

No one

Pardew

Carver

EDIT - I also totally forgot McClaren :lol:

He isn't worth mentioning though tbf.

Edited by Rayvin

hayd, I'd say you can swap the word Pardew for Ashley and you are spot on. It's Ashley that's done all of those things, and Pardew just allowed it to happen as its his job to do so. People with integrity like Keegan, wouldn't stand for it.

Pardew is still a cunt mind, just I think even he can't take the blame for how the club has been run in his time here, he was merely a puppet.

Aye I agree to a point. He peddled Ashley's bullshit and helped try to cover for him, I'm sure at times he wasn't fully aware of what Ashley was planning and ended up being made a mug (Carroll transfer) but other times he did have an idea imo. We played some utter shite football under him, we had one good season and a load where we had to endure horrifically bad and embarrassing runs of form with a decent run at some point.

Under Pardew 4-0 losses began to feel like 2-0 losses, we also got used to losing for long periods and generally watching some turgid stuff. Ashley of course is the root of all of this but I think Pardew provided a very fitting face for Ashley's regime in Ashley's reclusiveness and he often was more than happy to play the mouth piece, even thanking him with bizzare regularity. It was his desire to lick Ashley's arse and bring up how mint he was even at some of the clubs lowest points during his tenure was ridiculous, even for a bloke Ashley was wearing as a glove. Completely agree that the bloke is a fucking cunt.

Edited by Howay

Aye I agree to a point. He peddled Ashley's bullshit and helped try to cover for him, I'm sure at times he wasn't fully aware of what Ashley was planning and ended up being made a mug (Carroll transfer) but other times he did have an idea imo. We played some utter shite football under him, we had one good season and a load where we had to endure horrifically bad and embarrassing runs of form with a decent run at some point.

Under Pardew 4-0 losses began to feel like 2-0 losses, we also got used to losing for long periods and generally watching some turgid stuff. Ashley of course is the root of all of this but I think Pardew provided a very fitting face for Ashley's regime in Ashley's reclusiveness and he often was more than happy to play the mouth piece, even thanking him with bizzare regularity. It was his desire to lick Ashley's arse and bring up how mint he was even at some of the clubs lowest points during his tenure was ridiculous, even for a bloke Ashley was wearing as a glove. Completely agree that the bloke is a fucking cunt.

Well put. :good: