The Twitter Thread

peasepud

You tweet a lot man!

Point me in their direction!

I'll copy and paste them on here.

@dannysimpson12 yes I do, and that's not right neither, it's a bone of contention with older Newcastle fans in the 90's I remember the game

2:51 PM Apr 17th via web from England, United Kingdom in reply to dannysimpson12

@dannysimpson12 that decided the title we lost 0-1 Cantona scored and Sky billed it as Newcastle v UNITED it pissed a lot of people off and

2:52 PM Apr 17th via web from England, United Kingdom in reply to dannysimpson12

@dannysimpson12 older toon fans still refer to us as United. You're a good player and I think you're not at your peak yet, I just wanted to

2:53 PM Apr 17th via web from England, United Kingdom in reply to dannysimpson12

@dannysimpson12 explain this to you, I'm far from alone from feeling like this as you are probably aware by the tweets you're getting

2:53 PM Apr 17th via web from England, United Kingdom in reply to dannysimpson12

@dannysimpson12 we're not Wigan, but listen I've put my point across you can call them what u like but if offends some, play well on Tuesday

2:54 PM Apr 17th via web from England, United Kingdom in reply to dannysimpson12

@dannysimpson12 and I'll pipe down <_<

2:54 PM Apr 17th via web from England, United Kingdom in reply to dannysimpson12

Then he invited me for a pint if we win tomorrow.

:D:blush::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

DANNY SIMPSON knows there is only one United he cares about going into tomorrow night’s mammoth duel with his old employers.

And the popular full-back has even emulated former Toon boss Kevin Keegan by proclaiming he would “love it” if he is celebrating victory in front of a jubilant Gallowgate End come the final whistle.

The former Manchester United man has never tried to hide his feelings for the team he supported as a boy, going on to begin his career at Old Trafford.

However, he has stated that “professional pride” means he is looking to give the Red Devils nothing but a good hiding at St James’ Park.

Simpson has suffered from taunts from fans via Twitter questioning his loyalty to the cause at Newcastle.

But he wanted to put the record straight once and for all on the eve of one of the biggest games of the season on Tyneside.

He told the Chronicle: “I’m not a Man United fan when I play them – I don’t really care!

“I am a Man United fan, but on that day I’ll want to beat them 5-0.

I think United are going to win the league, <_< so I think they should take it easy on us and let us have the three points!”

Simpson suffered agony at the start of the season when an ankle injury meant he missed the Premier League opener at Old Trafford for the Magpies when the Magpies were well beaten 3-0.

He said: “I knew when I had the operation I would miss that one.

“It’s just sod’s law – that’s how it is.

“Since I got back fit, I’ve always known when this game is.

“I can’t wait to play against them, with Sir Alex still being the manager.”

Man United go into the game knowing they can take a huge stride towards being crowned champions and overtaking Liverpool for all-time title wins by nudging up to 19 top-flight championships.

Meanwhile, Newcastle will almost certainly be assured of Premier League survival should they win.

Simpson is relishing the test. He said: “It’s going to be a great game for everyone. I’m looking forward to play against some of my old team-mates.

“To be fair, everyone wants to beat the top teams, and they’re the top team.

“I’d love to get one over them.

“It’s going to be mean a lot to everyone.”

Man U have had two gruelling contests with Chelsea in Europe and at Wembley against Manchester City in the FA Cup, while Newcastle have had a 10-day break since the loss at Villa.

Simpson said: “They’ve got a lot of games to play, and hopefully that will be a bit of an advantage for us.

“They’ve had Champions League and FA Cup games.

“Hopefully, we’ll be flying, and take the game to them.

“It’s a big game, and we’ll be looking forward to it.”

The Magpies have beaten Liverpool at St James’, while Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal could only draw.

Simpson said: “If you look at the results at St James’s Park before, we can beat them.

“With that group of players, if things go right for us on the day, we can beat anyone.

“We’ve proved that this season.

“We got a point from Arsenal and Chelsea, and beat Liverpool. And we drew with Tottenham.

“They’re all the top teams.

“Hopefully, we’ll have a couple of players back, and Shola (Ameobi) will be OK. We’ll go into the game and try and take it to them.”

Simpson now wants to wipe out memories of Villa and look ahead to finishing the season on a high.

He said: “Everyone came in and gave 110% against Villa, and you can’t ask for more from anyone.

“But in the final third it didn’t click.”

He added: “We’ve had a break.

“We know it’ll be a tough game, and anything we get from them will be a bonus.

“It’ll then be a big game against Blackpool.

“We’re not panicking. We’re all confident that we’ll be fine.

“We’ll move on – that’s what’s good about this group of players.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1JszvR83N

Are you trying my patience Christmas Tool? :blush:

<_<

Now how on earth would I know you've taken my newly created thread and stuck it in another thread? :D

Thought Id just done it wrong.

And in fairness it probably should be in its own thread because there is a lot on here who will never enter this thread.

Edited by Christmas Tree

fuck knows why he messaged me, he must think am some sort of spokesman or summik.

Huh? That is exactly what you think yourself as being. Certainly the way you go about things <_<

Whereas you're just his creepy little stalker.

That's exactly what he is. Internet is full of absolute wronguns, and the more people you piss off the more stalkers you end up with, and the truth is I never intentionally try to cause offence.

Was that twitter pic taken on a TV game show Stevie? "I'll have an E please Bob"

Aye it was when I was on Friends Like These and won the holiday to Thailand. I said everyone put a pic of yourself up from 10 years ago, but everyone must've been spotty meffs cos only two did. I look like a boy there, and I was like 22, look about 5 years younger than my age, and I delude myself that, that continues to this day.

Edited by McFaul

Was that twitter pic taken on a TV game show Stevie? "I'll have an E please Bob"

Aye it was when I was on Friends Like These and won the holiday to Thailand. I said everyone put a pic of yourself up from 10 years ago, but everyone must've been spotty meffs cos only two did. I look like a boy there, and I was like 22, look about 5 years younger than my age, and I delude myself that, that continues to this day.

Is it on youtube?

Is it on youtube?

I donno to be honest.

Is it on youtube?

I donno to be honest.

Well am not searching through every episode, be funny if it was though.

Is it on youtube?

I donno to be honest.

Well am not searching through every episode, be funny if it was though.

Well is every episode on there like???? We're the only geordies who have ever been on. Was February 2000. The day we got back in the UK we beat Sheff Wed 2-0 at Hillsborough.

Mike Ingham apologising on Five Live for referring to the Mancs as 'United'. Have a feeling Stevie's rant has had a lasting effect.. <_<

I see Owen is already tweeting and mentioning the booing. Reckons that if we 'knew the facts' we may well form a different opinion.

Not much fucks me off more than comments like that. Basically telling us we're wrong to voice our disproval because we don't know the full story but fails to actually divulge what the full story actually is.