Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

He reminds me a bit of Jonas - good at alleviating pressure, due to his ability to run with the ball at his feet.

Yet to see any sign of a final ball from him though.

Got an assist vs Chelsea 4-3 with an absolute peach of a cross

I'm attempting to get a bite out of Christmas Tree. Numbuts. :lol:

Edited by Jonny2J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Did ok first half but probably faded a bit after the break. Think Pardew wanted to give Lua Lua a run out too.

He reminds me a bit of Jonas - good at alleviating pressure, due to his ability to run with the ball at his feet.

Nearly did as well! ;) Good job ive arrived at the thread later in the day.

Looks awesome with the ball at his feet. His chest down and volley looked close, but couldnt see how close from our seats.

Nearly did as well! ;) Good job ive arrived at the thread later in the day.

Looks awesome with the ball at his feet. His chest down and volley looked close, but couldnt see how close from our seats.

I agree, he looks really comfortable on the ball and has enough confidence to take players on, still think he's far better on the wing as he's just not strong enough to play full back....yet anyway imho.

Doubt he signed a 5 year deal today saying he's been in Ireland since wednesday. Wonder if i'll see him out over the summer, will get a pic if i do :lol:

Re: 5 year deal. Outstanding news for the club's balance sheets if the lad comes good over the next 12 to 24 months. As a selling/feeder club it puts Ashley & Dekka in a position of power when negotiating an outgoing fee.

So let's not sign him then and let him walk for nothing next summer :lol:

Putting the club in a position of power if other clubs come sniffing is a good thing surely ???

Re: 5 year deal. Outstanding news for the club's balance sheets if the lad comes good over the next 12 to 24 months. As a selling/feeder club it puts Ashley & Dekka in a position of power when negotiating an outgoing fee.

Putting the club in a position of power if other clubs come sniffing is a good thing surely ???

It would be, if the point was to keep the player at the club.

Edited by ewerk

Which it is in this case, otherwise he walks next summer.

Keep player at club and maximise "income" if he's sniffed out.

Gascoigne saw Shane Ferguson's promise

PAUL GASCOIGNE has tipped Shane Ferguson for further first team glory with Newcastle United – and admits he saw it coming TWO years ago.

In a fantastic endorsement for the young United star – who has just signed a new five-year contract with the Magpies – Gazza has recalled how he worked with Ferguson during a coaching stint alongside Peter Beardsley with the Newcastle Academy two years ago, and spotted his potential even then.

Ferguson has since broken into the first- team ranks and barely put a foot wrong last season with some fans even carrying enough confidence in the one time Northern Ireland inter-national to feel he could even replace Jose Enrique if he leaves this summer.

Gascoigne – who stunned the football world when he broke through United’s old youth system to take on the world with England – told the Chronicle: “I worked with Shane at the Academy a couple of years ago and it was obvious he had something different.

“He’s blessed with a lot of skill and raw ability and that’s something you don’t see too often from players coming through.

“That’s what really stuck out for me. It was a couple of years ago too and you could see then that he had a good chance of making it ahead of some of the others.

“I’m delighted that he has because there aren’t too many skilful players that get you off your seat like that.

“But he is one of them and he is at Newcastle, which is great.”

Gazza – who was part of the last Newcastle side to pick up the FA Youth Cup in 1985 – still has ambitions to pick up his coaching badges.

The Italia 90 superstar spent time last year working alongside former Newcastle striker Joe Allon on the Players Inc after-dinner circuit and attracted a big audience as he told of some of his career highlights.

Now he hopes that more young Geordies can break on to the big stage with the black and whites.

Gazza said: “It’s always great to see young players coming through at Newcastle – especially Geordie lads. When I was an apprentice it was a tough life – a lot tougher than it is now.

“Back then the likes of me and Joe Allon and Paul Stephenson would be cleaning boots, ironing kits and even cleaning the toilets!

“They have a great life now with the training facilities they’ve got, but you always want to see players coming through the ranks.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1O7QzHSPW

Which it is in this case, otherwise he walks next summer.

Keep player at club and maximise "income" if he's sniffed out.

quite amazing how the same people continue to peddle the thought process that we aren't a big enough club to make players want to achieve success here and not look at other clubs for it instead.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

christmas tree is going to be so jealous when he finds out i was chatting to him tonight :D told him every toon fan remembers him against stoke :) he is a legend!!!

Prove it Paddy

christmas tree is going to be so jealous when he finds out i was chatting to him tonight :D told him every toon fan remembers him against stoke :) he is a legend!!!

Prove it Paddy

im hardly going to take a photo id look like a loser, he was wearing a red shirt hes actually quite down to earth and sound , he was drunk too :lol:

he will be at Sugar (nightclub) on NYE il get a chat to him then about this season, i shoulda tonight. ah well im glad i met him and told him everyone loves him and hes goin to be big!!