Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not dredging back through the thread, but damn were they poor today. We should really have won. That chance that Shola missed early on.. :lol:

Very disappointing to have conceded like that at the end. It wasn't the fact that we drew, but the way in which we did it. Any Sunderland fan who says anything about is dense and has some nerve. They should thank their lucky stars and say nothing more about it.

Shola battled but. . . missing that one on one, then being through on goal, nearly kicking it out with your 2nd touch and then passing it to the keeper with your 3rd rather than just turn back and keep posession . . . :icon_lol:

I can't remember the last time we had a worse collection of forwards

CraigyNick1973 @TOONLOWDOWN ok. I've saved this comment. Shall we go back to 9-1 seeing as you enjoy history?

The LOVE bringing that up man :lol: it was in 1908 or something ridiculous ffs the players that played in that game have all passed away!! The facts are simple they beat us in our relegation season and before that you're looking back over a decade since their last win over us. We're better simple as like Stevie's said before there's derbies you expect one side to always win no matter of circumstance, we're the bigger club and their players know it so they give our players respect no matter the current level of our team (which fwiw ours is better the only players of theirs I rate are Henderson and Bent). The attitude of the people, staff and players of Sunderland showed today when they reacted to an equaliser at home the same way you'd react to a champions league win (literally in Bruce's case near identical to Mourinho's reaction when he won the CL with Porto), embarrassment of a club I knew they'd trot out the 'look at the league' shite, if we were top of the league and they were bottom and they beat us 5-1 and drew 1-1 away we'd still never hear the end of it.

Not dredging back through the thread, but damn were they poor today. We should really have won. That chance that Shola missed early on.. :lol:

Very disappointing to have conceded like that at the end. It wasn't the fact that we drew, but the way in which we did it. Any Sunderland fan who says anything about is dense and has some nerve. They should thank their lucky stars and say nothing more about it.

Ameobi had a good game, he won a lot in the air, his hold up play was good, but that fuckin miss....

Sadly, we know this sort of thing happens just too often where he is concerned. See his header at Wigan a few weeks ago too.

That miss was just too bad, a good performance otherwise just can't make up for it, when we dropped 2 points.

I suppose tomorrow, the disappointment will be over, and we can say we took 4 points from them, including a 5-1 battering at our place, while they were celebrating that equaliser like they had won the lottery, and will soon be looking forward to next time. Which shows how much it meant to them.

Inferior wankers.

CraigyNick1973 Craig Wilkinson

@

@dimchurch hopefully next time you will have died of cancer before the kick-off.

Class, dignity etc etc from the 30 year old father of 3.

:lol:

From an emotional point of view, them getting a flukey last minute equaliser is hard to bear.

In the cold light of day and in the next few weeks, the superior performance without our best 2 players at their place is going to be the most important thing. In the short-term and immediately after the game, they are going to be happier through relief. When you look at it though, we've got more to be pleased about in relation to the health and depth of the respective squads.

Nothing to fear from them under Bruce.

With Tiote, Ben Arfa and Carroll we would have put 6 past them.

They are gash and we have nothing to fear from them. They may laud the league table over us now - I'm not fussed so long as we are away from the relegation zone - but they should be fucking shitting themselves about what's to come from us.

Pell text me and said - Cattermole, Wellbeck & Mensah are their three best players - maybe he's hurting but if he believes that to be true we can enjoy more than 4 points next year - Wellbeck wont even be there.

It's now a case of moving on, getting over this disappointment.

2 points dropped, but 2 points that shouldn't matter come the end of the season. We're good enough to not find ourselves in the position we found ourselves in when we went down; i.e. needing a point or 2 to stay up.

I'm not a Geordie so as long as we stay up this season, I'll soon forget today. That's all I want from this season.

Unbelievable where they are in the league. Piss poor standard this year but it is very entertaining.

Yeh it reminds me of when Bolton were up there under Allardyce. Just mind blowing how gash they actually are.

Bit of a pain to drop two points by letting one in at the very end but had you offered me that at the start of the day I'd have taken it. Give it a few days and I imagine they'll be a bit sheepish about their pre-match bravado, performance & celebration.

Thing is, with Ben Arfa, Carroll and Tioté we're a far far better side. When they get Cattermole and whomever back, they're still roughly the same. Imo, they're absence is comparable to us missing, say, Nolan and Simpson; Yes they're first team and are important, but they're absence wouldn't change the way we play.

Honestly, even with Ashely in charge I think we'll be a stronger force than them next year.

One of their fans spat on Supermac.

CLASSY

That happened before iirc - last time out one of them "gestured" at Given on the pitch after the goal - nowt said and of course it's gotten worse this time around.

"inherent morality"