Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think we were within a minute-and-a-half of sending Sunlun into meltdown and, possibly, Mrs Doubtfire the sack. Hmmm, I can't decide if them getting a point was actually a good thing ;) To think they have spent so much money (£10m on a goalie, £15m on Bent, £15m on Gyan etc) and are not in any way making people sit up and take notice of them must be worrying for the daft fucker who is bankrolling them.

I'm still not that upset about the late equaliser, although of course to win would have been perfect. As Stevie says, we slaughtered them on the pitch, and the ones with half a braincell know this. To any mackems reading this, yes, I feel inherently superior to you, but the best part of it is that it is you who makes me feel this way. Yesterday I was there as you threw coins and bottles at us, attacked our goal keeper, invaded the pitch (has this ever happened at SJP in the last 20 years?), and left early or hung around for 'aggro'. What did we do in response? We laughed in your sad mackem faces, and you couldn't handle it. You are inferior in every way, and deep down, you know it.

We've got 16 games left to play (with a game in hand) and are 5 points behind. On the evidence I have seen, we are the better team. The crowning glory of this campaign would be to finish above them. Not because it will please us, but because it will lierally kill them. Howay the lads!

"Yesterday I was there as you threw coins and bottles at us"

An improvement indeed - when I was young they used to bring in stones off the beach at Joker to toss at us - they couldn't afford coins

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
;)

When ah were t'lad...

:icon_lol::D Bless him.

Can hear the Hovis music now.

"It were like takin fibs t'top o' the world"

:icon_lol:

Fan 'tries to make Harper apology'

(UKPA) – 18 minutes ago

A teenager alleged to have shoved Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper during the Wear-Tyne derby has reportedly tried to apologise to the player face to face.

The 17-year-old Sunderland fan, who has been bailed after Northumbria Police arrested him following Sunday's 1-1 draw between the bitter Premier League rivals, was said to have turned up at Newcastle's training ground on Monday.

Harper was not at training but a club official was there to hear the teenager, accompanied by his father, make an apology.

His father was said not to have slept a wink and was "mortified", a source said. The insider said: "His intention was to apologise to the manager, the club and to Harper. He sat down with a club official and he could not have been more humble and full of remorse."

The teenager was arrested after he ran on the pitch and was later released on police bail until March. Northumbria Police said inquiries were ongoing.

Newcastle United declined to comment on the apology as the club tried to draw a line under the events at the Stadium of Light.

There were ugly scenes after the final whistle when opposing fans hurled seats at each other and, during the game, referee Howard Webb spotted a miniature glass bottle which had been thrown on to the pitch.

Northumbria Police said 33 arrests were made before, during and after the match. Officers held 24 Sunderland fans and nine Newcastle supporters.

It was a repeat of the trouble which happened last time the two sides met at the Stadium of Light in 2008 and incidents will be reported to the Football Association by match officials.

Sunderland bosses vowed to take "appropriate action" against fans who caused trouble at the derby.

Anyone know what Bruce's song was yet?

Baja men or something - Who let the dogs out.

I'm sure his mother would be most proud of him. He's about as Geordie as fucking Julio Geordio.

Fan 'tries to make Harper apology'

(UKPA) – 18 minutes ago

A teenager alleged to have shoved Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper during the Wear-Tyne derby has reportedly tried to apologise to the player face to face.

The 17-year-old Sunderland fan, who has been bailed after Northumbria Police arrested him following Sunday's 1-1 draw between the bitter Premier League rivals, was said to have turned up at Newcastle's training ground on Monday.

Harper was not at training but a club official was there to hear the teenager, accompanied by his father, make an apology.

His father was said not to have slept a wink and was "mortified", a source said. The insider said: "His intention was to apologise to the manager, the club and to Harper. He sat down with a club official and he could not have been more humble and full of remorse."

The teenager was arrested after he ran on the pitch and was later released on police bail until March. Northumbria Police said inquiries were ongoing.

Newcastle United declined to comment on the apology as the club tried to draw a line under the events at the Stadium of Light.

There were ugly scenes after the final whistle when opposing fans hurled seats at each other and, during the game, referee Howard Webb spotted a miniature glass bottle which had been thrown on to the pitch.Northumbria Police said 33 arrests were made before, during and after the match. Officers held 24 Sunderland fans and nine Newcastle supporters.

It was a repeat of the trouble which happened last time the two sides met at the Stadium of Light in 2008 and incidents will be reported to the Football Association by match officials.

Sunderland bosses vowed to take "appropriate action" against fans who caused trouble at the derby.

;) Small-time.

We've got 16 games left to play (with a game in hand) and are 5 points behind. On the evidence I have seen, we are the better team. The crowning glory of this campaign would be to finish above them. Not because it will please us, but because it will lierally kill them. Howay the lads!

;) Be interesting to see how much of an impact having Ben Arfa back in the side has when he recovers, and see how they spend this money if Bent does transfer away.

The young lads dad marched him up to the training ground today to say sorry to Harper, fair play to the fatha. To be honest the mackem should've shook his hand because he gifted the mackems the point imo.

Possibly the first Lee Ryder blog I've enjoyed reading:

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2011/01/geo..._medium=twitter

On reflection, I think Sunderland well and truly lacked class on and off the field in the Wear-Tyne derby.

Steve Harper was disgracefully attacked by a Mackem hoodie, Malcolm MacDonald was verbally abused and spat at by Sunderland fans while home supporters refused to leave the Stadium of Light to vent their frustration at the Toon Army.

Of course, this is to be expected in a local derby - but in my humble opinion some Sunderland fans took it too far and once again to medieval proportions.

Exaggerating a bit there like, although I was the opposite end of the toon end to the SWC at the front so I see and heard the ruptions couldn't see exactly what was going on.

Supermac getting spat at oh dear, what would you get out of doing that?

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Not enjoying the draw today.

The chance of doing the double and closing the gap snatched away so late on has left a very bitter taste.

I also think had Shola knocked that really early chance in we would have gone on to give them another pasting.

The next game cant come quick enough for me.

We were debating when the last toon player to be sent off in a derby was, and not one of us could remember one.

We were debating when the last toon player to be sent off in a derby was, and not one of us could remember one.

They regularly go into meltdown when their true place is harshly shown up in the cold light of day. And that's just the players! I can't think of any of our players getting sent off although Webb would've been the first to do it to Barton if he had half a chance.

To think we were within a minute-and-a-half of sending Sunlun into meltdown and, possibly, Mrs Doubtfire the sack. Hmmm, I can't decide if them getting a point was actually a good thing :D To think they have spent so much money (£10m on a goalie, £15m on Bent, £15m on Gyan etc) and are not in any way making people sit up and take notice of them must be worrying for the daft fucker who is bankrolling them.

Why on earth would we do that? ;)

We never showed up again yesterday, played hoofball for the 2nd time this season. An embarrassment. We keep on crumbling against you, although it seems we struggle against the physical teams this season, when Birmingham threw on Zigic at the start of the season we couldn't handle him, they scored 2 really simple, scrappy goals from crosses/corners. Seems like we didn't learn our lesson(s).

We didn't deserve a draw but we snatched it and it saved our blushes. Thank god. :icon_lol:

Glad the derbies are out of the way now, back to concentrating on our top 8 push. The part time fans can also disappear now, embarrassing to hear their views.

1990 play off ?

Paul hardman [something like that] when he kicked Burridge in the head after saving the penalty - not sure ?

Hardyman didn't play for us, LM. ;)

aye, jumped in at the end of the thread and got the wrong end of the stick, delted it now

I can't remember the last NUFC player to be sent off against sunderland btw.

Before that, 2 mackems were sent off when we beat them 3-1 on New Years Day in 1985 ??? Can't remember the names, 1 of them was a black lad, centre half, good player....

Was Kevin Ball ever sent off ?

I can't remember the last NFC player sent off against the mackems.....

Gary Bennett and Howard Gayle. Meltdown.

Hardyman. Meltdown.

Bramble. Meltdown.