Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Fucking hell lads its only 9:50 "Big Ash" could have something in the pipe line. Hes got a bit of money and cant risk not signing anyone.

There's still time to seal the deal with Dean Windass :jesuswept:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll wanted to go whichever way you look at it. At the end of the day everybody saves face bar Carroll with regard to the transfer request....In other words he wanted to leave. Can't make it any simpler. Also as Gemmill is saying there might have been some jiggery pokery with MA reg saving a few quid on the bonus.

Carroll will get a singing on bonus anyway which will be normally cover any lossses.

Put it this way - I've never seen a smile as bright on his face as the one he was wearing on the way to Liverpool.

He's over the moon.

With all due respect he's hardly going to turn up on Merseyside with a face on him like he'd just lost twenty quid and found a penny, is he?

His time as a Newcastle player is gone man - i'd be gobsmacked if he didn't have a grin from ear to ear in front of his new fans and employers.

Manipulated into doubling his wage :suicide:

Everyone involved in the deal is old enough to know what they were doing....and be very happy with it.

:jesuswept: Errr aye, we know this. No one is saying he was manipulated into going. He was happy to go, and happy to submit a request to smooth things over here.

Actually I am saying he was manipulated into going. Once we got to where we were today he was happy to go along with the coreography-but I doubt he was behind it

I don't think he would have gone without the club teeing the transfer up. But I think once it was all put in place he was happy enough to go.

I think we are agreeing here, but I do think people are underestimating how much the people around him would be able to convince him what he wants. He's a young drunken Geordie idiot surrounded by sharks. These people are used to hard negotiating involving deals worth millions, he's used to drinking 12 pints half a bottle of tequila and hoying up in Blu Bamboo

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

"Football romance is dead, everyone is a liar, contracts should be printed on toilet paper..." As usual,great stuff on Carroll from nufc.com

Redknapp pissing himself at claims we didn't want to sell on SSN.

And he's fucking right.

Worst part of all of this is that the club persuaded him to submit the transfer request so they could waive the termination / signing on fee. Trying to make him look like the cunt when in reality its all them and nothing will disaude me on that.

Wouldn't be surprised if they told him "look we're selling you anyway, might as well go with a bit of dignity and let it look like you were ambitious".

These cunts would sell their grannys man. Worse still, they have us all dangling by puppet strings making approaches for players on loan they know damned well are not going to accept their paltry wages offer.

Sooner these cunts go the better. I'd happily see them pocket the £35m if it meant them fucking off in the summer.

I don't see how him putting a request in makes him look like a man with dignity tbh. I think it was a much more friendly request than that. They needed Carroll to put the request in.

Well its not like Carrol sat down at his bureau- got out his best basildon bond and his favourite parker, and starting pouring his heart out in letter form. His agent will have told him its a done deal, you just get more money if you sign this bit of paper - Ill type it out for you son

You're agreeing with me, right?

I'm not disagreeing

I think Ashley his agent and Liverpool will have got everything in place, his agent will then have convinced him it was a done deal, he would earn loads more money big signing on fee and turned his head and then told him to sign the transfer request as the deal was happening anyway.

Carrol's not going to be winning Mastermind anytime soon, he's only a young daft kid -wouldn't be hard to get him talked into this. I imagine he's had a fair amount of pressure over this.

Still think he is a cunt for going, but it's Ashleys fault

Aye I think this is exactly what's happened. I said similar earlier about how easy it would be to talk him into signing the transfer request. His head would be spinning at the thought of his new wages, what's a transfer request between friends, etc.

It is what you're saying. What did Saggy face say exactly on SSN?

He said:

"I've had a good laugh this afternoon watching stuff coming out of Newcastle about how they didn't want to sell him, how hard they've fought to keep him, they've pulled out all the stops, and he's handed in a transfer request but they've battled it all the way. My god. Every time they sell a player, one of these clubs, they make the player put in a transfer request to make it look like they didn't want to sell him."

Makes it sound like the selling club has actively touted the player freely round clubs for the last 4 weeks.

The buying clubs do all the work in the window not the selling clubs. He tries to make out we are desperate to sell him. In this scenario the player doesnt go for nearly £40m.

Its just as likely he was tapped up in Dubai and Ashley has sold him at his 'price' which all players have. Why the convoluted explanation of the transfer request? He wanted to gan and the club has milked the price.

Everyone involved in the deal is old enough to know what they were doing....and be very happy with it.

:jesuswept: Errr aye, we know this. No one is saying he was manipulated into going. He was happy to go, and happy to submit a request to smooth things over here.

Actually I am saying he was manipulated into going. Once we got to where we were today he was happy to go along with the coreography-but I doubt he was behind it

I don't think he would have gone without the club teeing the transfer up. But I think once it was all put in place he was happy enough to go.

I think we are agreeing here, but I do think people are underestimating how much the people around him would be able to convince him what he wants. He's a young drunken Geordie idiot surrounded by sharks. These people are used to hard negotiating involving deals worth millions, he's used to drinking 12 pints half a bottle of tequila and hoying up in Blu Bamboo

I think you're right. His advisors could even convince him that he was being a hero by refusing to play for Ashley etc.

So he's gone from delighted to stay at Newcastle to delighted to be going to Liverpool. Have you just got him down as some happy-clappy divvy not arsed where he plays?

I think the club wanted to sell him, and Carroll wanted to go, but to make it look like they didnt want to sell him, they asked him to hand in a transfer request.

Tom your saying hes over the moon etc, wouldn't you be? 7th most expensive player in the world, 22 years old and he's just pocketed about £5m in a day. I would be the same as Carroll. I dont blame him one bit, if the club really didnt want to sell him, they would have rejected the bid. I am really not angry at AC for wanting to leave I am pissed of at the club for leaving it so late, if they had any sense they would have said to Liverpool either give us one of your strikers on loan till the end of the season or we'll take £30m and you can have at the end of the season.

The money in football is mad! A day will come when players like Ranger will be going for £20m and people will be saying it is not enough for him.

Redknapp pissing himself at claims we didn't want to sell on SSN.

And he's fucking right.

Worst part of all of this is that the club persuaded him to submit the transfer request so they could waive the termination / signing on fee. Trying to make him look like the cunt when in reality its all them and nothing will disaude me on that.

Wouldn't be surprised if they told him "look we're selling you anyway, might as well go with a bit of dignity and let it look like you were ambitious".

These cunts would sell their grannys man. Worse still, they have us all dangling by puppet strings making approaches for players on loan they know damned well are not going to accept their paltry wages offer.

Sooner these cunts go the better. I'd happily see them pocket the £35m if it meant them fucking off in the summer.

I don't see how him putting a request in makes him look like a man with dignity tbh. I think it was a much more friendly request than that. They needed Carroll to put the request in.

Well its not like Carrol sat down at his bureau- got out his best basildon bond and his favourite parker, and starting pouring his heart out in letter form. His agent will have told him its a done deal, you just get more money if you sign this bit of paper - Ill type it out for you son

You're agreeing with me, right?

I'm not disagreeing

I think Ashley his agent and Liverpool will have got everything in place, his agent will then have convinced him it was a done deal, he would earn loads more money big signing on fee and turned his head and then told him to sign the transfer request as the deal was happening anyway.

Carrol's not going to be winning Mastermind anytime soon, he's only a young daft kid -wouldn't be hard to get him talked into this. I imagine he's had a fair amount of pressure over this.

Still think he is a cunt for going, but it's Ashleys fault

Aye I think this is exactly what's happened. I said similar earlier about how easy it would be to talk him into signing the transfer request. His head would be spinning at the thought of his new wages, what's a transfer request between friends, etc.

It is what you're saying. What did Saggy face say exactly on SSN?

He said:

"I've had a good laugh this afternoon watching stuff coming out of Newcastle about how they didn't want to sell him, how hard they've fought to keep him, they've pulled out all the stops, and he's handed in a transfer request but they've battled it all the way. My god. Every time they sell a player, one of these clubs, they make the player put in a transfer request to make it look like they didn't want to sell him."

Makes it sound like the selling club has actively touted the player freely round clubs for the last 4 weeks.

The buying clubs do all the work in the window not the selling clubs. He tries to make out we are desperate to sell him. In this scenario the player doesnt go for nearly £40m.

Its just as likely he was tapped up in Dubai and Ashley has sold him at his 'price' which all players have. Why the convoluted explanation of the transfer request? He wanted to gan and the club has milked the price.

I think everybody has got what they wanted - I do think Carrol could have been as easily persuaded into being happy staying as he was happy to be going

Carroll wanted to go whichever way you look at it. At the end of the day everybody saves face bar Carroll with regard to the transfer request....In other words he wanted to leave. Can't make it any simpler. Also as Gemmill is saying there might have been some jiggery pokery with MA reg saving a few quid on the bonus.

Carroll will get a singing on bonus anyway which will be normally cover any lossses.

Put it this way - I've never seen a smile as bright on his face as the one he was wearing on the way to Liverpool.

He's over the moon.

Yup. Chez and some others are in denial reg this and understandably so.

Tom your saying hes over the moon etc, wouldn't you be?

To be honest Bawan I believed all this shite about how ''it's a dream'' every time he pulls on the famous number 9 and how he wants to spend his career here.

Making me one naive moron.

So he's gone from delighted to stay at Newcastle to delighted to be going to Liverpool. Have you just got him down as some happy-clappy divvy not arsed where he plays?

Thats pretty much what I think - respect for the beautiful topical use of divvy

Edited by spongebob toonpants

But I also think the club wanted to sell him, and that they have engineered the sale, and requested that the player submit the trfr request to soften the blow.

Softening the blow had fuck all to do with it, show me one example in the past two years where those slimey fucks showed that they gave a shit about what we think.

They've sent their mate out every other day for the past month to say "Andy Carroll is not for sale at any price". They had to do something to save face there if nowt else.

And they came out and rubbished Hughton in the press as soon as they'd got shot of him. They play the game, they're just shit at it.

They're not too shit at it if they've managed to garner up to 40m for Andy Carroll. Particularly with his off-field behavioural issues.

They don't care about their face, they've contradicted themselves so many times it's now not even worth digging up up the examples. They blatantly know that there's enough supporters out there who are addicted who will keep coming back for their hit no matter how many times they get burnt by the dealer.

.com

Aware of a desire from both Liverpool and Spurs to sign a striker with just hours of the transfer window remaining, why couldn't Newcastle have stonewalled Carroll bids, in the knowledge that the same clubs will have the same funds in the summer - and the same vacancy

Carroll by then could have scored the goals that kept United in the league, before departing to wherever he pleased, leaving Alan Pardew to invest at his leisure.

So why couldn't they wait? Because this is a dash for cash perhaps? Flogging the club's number one asset before high-tailing it out of town. We can but hope.

The farcical "turning down offers" looks to be nothing short of a pathetic, patronising pantomime and a deliberate drip-feeding of information - with the transfer request a poor attempt at a face-saving exercise.

It's worth noting that Liverpool currently sit just two points ahead of us, having played one more game. They are currently managed by a failed ex-Newcastle manager who trawled the world to bring us Andreas Andersson, Stephane Guivarc'h and George Georgiadis....

The Reds currently occupy a smaller ground than us and are watched by smaller average crowds. Big club, my arse, as a well-known Scouser might say. Perhaps they just have more ambitious owners, who did due diligence...

From £0 to £35m in 91 games represents a fine example of the declared Ashley/Llambias policy of emulating Arsenal in developing young talent, signing unknown overseas players, making them into first team players - and then selling them. It's not much fun up in Level 7 though.

The sums involved here are another reminder that we're quite literally not in the same league as the mega money men like Liverpool - whether we'll physically be in the same league as them by August remains to be seen.

Everything else -Geordie boy, famous number nine, fog on the bloody Tyne, whatever - goes out the window. Football romance is dead, everyone is a liar, contracts should be printed on toilet paper.

None of that - or this deal - should come as a surprise to anyone. All depressingly predictable.

Spot on.