Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....ignoring the racism court case for a moment, I realise Jones and Smalling are likely to be going but maybe manu's overall defensive frailities have cost Rio his place? not to mention his age, injuries etc....all Hodgson needed to do was look at Terry in the FA cup semi v Spurs and the first leg of the Barca champions league tie to see that Terry, to be fair, can still just about cut it at the top level. He was brilliant in both games as was Ashley Cole. But then you get him giving the Barca lad a sly kick in the back and getting sent off. And the racism thing.

According to that Guardian article Smalling is likely to be going...no he's not, I've just read it again and you're right he's injured! It says Lescott and Cahill will be the other 2...I'd have thought Jagielka wouldve been a better choice than Lescott but he's stuggled to get in the Everton side lately...its not because he's injured is it??!! ;)

See Alan Smith got nutted and twatted off Huddersfield last night. He might be a total nob, and one of the shittest players in the clubs 120 year history, but he doesn't deserve that.

It's ridiculous to me that Hodgson can think of two/three better right backs than Richards. I'd have thought it would have been Richards and Johnson, Walker if he was fit.

You forgetting Danny 'Boy' Simpson?

Isn't that just down to winning games and getting the feel good factor back?

The same could have been said for us when we went down, we were much happier with the squad that was winning most weeks despite losing the likes of Bassong, Beye and Martins who would have walked into Tue side.

But he inherited a team who'd just been relegated, couldn't win games, and lacked not only a feel good factor but a feel ok factor. Look at how many PL relegated teams have died on their arse after relegation. Birmingham also had a transfer embargo, I think he's done a superb job in the circumstances.

Sad news for comedy fans as it looks like Dalglish is leaving Liverpool.

And given that he flew all that way yesterday to spell out his plans for next season, he can fuck off if they try to claim he resigned.

I hope this stuff about Martinez being favourite is true. I very much doubt he's the man to get them back into top 4 contention, never mind the title.

Failing that, O'Neill leaving Sunderland would be fucking hilarious.

O

I hope this stuff about Martinez being favourite is true. I very much doubt he's the man to get them back into top 4 contention, never mind the title.

Failing that, O'Neill leaving Sunderland would be fucking hilarious.

This would be mint.