Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Yes and no, he's changed up the system from 433 to 4231 which allows Mata to play behind either Torres or Drogba with Kalou and Ramires out wide. Personally i see our 2 centre backs being Cahill and Luiz as Terry's body is about to fall apart (has been for years) plus his court case in the summer could lead to even more bad press (something Terry and Cole must be taking bets on who can out do eachother) What upsets me is that the same players who play out of their skin for Di Matteo didn't do it under AVB. No one truly knows what happened behind the scenes but he must of pissed quite a few people off with his man management as no one 'apparently' liked him apart from the Brasilian/Portuguese mob. A clearout is on the cards and young/fresh/youth team players WILL come into this team over the next season or two. Di Matteo is a Chelsea man/legend whatever you want to call him. He has the best intentions of the fans/club/players at heart so i hope he stays or is given the job fulltime but i repeat with more coaches other than 'Steady 'Eddie Newton

re: the clearout, I can see this being a big summer for transfer deals.

Man U need an overhaul imo

City will no doubt add more players, for shits and giggles

Arsenal have already signed Podolski and won't be stopping there.

We'll be signing a couple of players I reckon

Spurs will be losing a few key players (Bale to Real Madrid, Modric to Chelsea, Adebayor to whomever pays him the most) and the huge sums they recoup will be spent on having the 1st team 'Arry craves

I can see Fulham, Everton and sunderland spending a bit of money so that they don't lose ground on those above them

Liverpool will need to buy and sell, there team has been a joke this year. Funniest thing to come out of Liverpool since that accent.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re: the clearout, I can see this being a big summer for transfer deals.

Man U need an overhaul imo

City will no doubt add more players, for shits and giggles

Arsenal have already signed Podolski and won't be stopping there.

We'll be signing a couple of players I reckon

Spurs will be losing a few key players (Bale to Real Madrid, Modric to Chelsea, Adebayor to whomever pays him the most) and the huge sums they recoup will be spent on having the 1st team 'Arry craves

I can see Fulham, Everton and sunderland spending a bit of money so that they don't lose ground on those above them

Liverpool will need to buy and sell, there team has been a joke this year. Funniest thing to come out of Liverpool since that accent.

Man U dont need much of an overhaul, just a few players here and there.. Replacements for Fletcher/Ferdinand/Scholes

City will bag players like Hazard/Cavani maybe even a star or two from Germany you never know with them

Arsenal always bag nearly men who start off on fire and slowly fizzle out. Henry and RVP being exceptions in last 5-10 years

Newcastle have been very sneaky over the last 2 years and i wouldn't be surprised if a few more gems arrive during the summer

Spurs are saying they wont sell anyone but eventually they give in (Berbatov/Carrick etc)

As for the rest yeah they'll buy a few players, Everton depends on whether they can hold onto Feillani/Rodwell even Jelavic after he's been banging the goals in ..

As for Liverpool they need a whole new squad let alone starting XI

Edited by RossFarragher

Great interview with Muamba in today's Times if anyone fancies reading it. I didn't realise his memory is still all over the place.

Anyway, he's had an ICD implanted, which is basically an inbuilt defibrillator that will do the job of auto shocking him if he has another heart attack. The article mentions a Belgian player who has one of these things, and the fact that there's footage of him having a heart attack in a match and being resuscitated by his ICD.

Watch this, it's mental. Goes down, visibly jolts after a little while, and then just sits up and gets up. Modern medicine is incredible.

That's incredible.

Is there no other damage to consider from having your heart stop? Hes just back to normal after?

God the lengths these foreigners go to to disrupt play. I trust the ref sent him off for time wasting

He gets up from a heart attack quicker than Drogba gets up from an ankle tap. :lol:

That's incredible.

Is there no other damage to consider from having your heart stop? Hes just back to normal after?

Your heart is essentially a bag of muscle. Like all muscles, it contracts in response to electrical activity from nerves. In health this is very tightly coordinated by electrical impulses in a particular rhythm. When your heart stops contracting/pumping/beating it is because this electrical activity becomes uncoordinated (an arrhythmia) for some reason.

Most commonly this is due to lack of oxygen to the heart muscle due to a blockage in the arteries that supply it (in Medicine known as a myocardial infarction, or to everyone else, a heart attack). This will probably not have been the case with Muamba - I've not read what exactly the cause if his cardiac arrest, it will probably have been a congenital structural abnormality with his heart muscle or electrical conducting system, I suspect probably the latter.

Regardless, if that problem is not sorted, then the heart remains at risk of going into an arrhythmia and cardiac arrest again - I've seen a patient whose implantable defibrillator went off fifteen times in the space of an hour. The longer this problem persists the worse the potential consequences are. Also, not all arrhythmias causing cardiac arrest respond to defibrillation either...

Your heart is essentially a bag of muscle. Like all muscles, it contracts in response to electrical activity from nerves. In health this is very tightly coordinated by electrical impulses in a particular rhythm. When your heart stops contracting/pumping/beating it is because this electrical activity becomes uncoordinated (an arrhythmia) for some reason.

Most commonly this is due to lack of oxygen to the heart muscle due to a blockage in the arteries that supply it (in Medicine known as a myocardial infarction, or to everyone else, a heart attack). This will probably not have been the case with Muamba - I've not read what exactly the cause if his cardiac arrest, it will probably have been a congenital structural abnormality with his heart muscle or electrical conducting system, I suspect probably the latter.

Regardless, if that problem is not sorted, then the heart remains at risk of going into an arrhythmia and cardiac arrest again - I've seen a patient whose implantable defibrillator went off fifteen times in the space of an hour. The longer this problem persists the worse the potential consequences are. Also, not all arrhythmias causing cardiac arrest respond to defibrillation either...

so...yes?

So, in laymans terms (I should perhaps have put that in first time ;) )

if the belgian or muamba keep playing and have one or two heart attacks on the pitch but get shocked right back up again, are they essentially likely to be just ruining themselves rather than it being a genuine solution?

So, in laymans terms (I should perhaps have put that in first time ;) )

if the belgian or muamba keep playing and have one or two heart attacks on the pitch but get shocked right back up again, are they essentially likely to be just ruining themselves rather than it being a genuine solution?

It really depends on what is causing the arrhythmia.

Btw confusingly, what the Belgian/Muamba had is not a 'heart attack' - which is part of your heart muscle dying from lack of oxygen due to a blockage in the artery that supplies it. They had a cardiac arrest - literally, their heart stopped beating. A heart attack is a common cause of cardiac arrests - but not in young fit athletes.

Dan Walker's just made Thicky Grey and Phil 'this is the best trip' Brown watch the Cisse goal and then chuck down their throats the list of players we got in for THE 35m.

Top bombing Dan !

Did you hear Brown? "There'll be 52,000 idiots in St James Park tomorrow". <_<

Did you hear Brown? "There'll be 52,000 idiots in St James Park tomorrow". <_<

I saw something on twitter about that. Is that word for word what the guy said? What a fucking moron.