Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

At least he's realistic about the club http://mirr.im/1C54AhT

:lol: :lol: Changed his tune from the fucking ridiculous comments he made a few week back saying they were very similar to us. He's spot on there they're completely fucking shit and have been for a long long time, thankfully Pardew has finally fucked off so we can go back to battering them like every other team in the league does.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not wrong, they never seem to buy well. Their best players are, who? Johnson? Man City made a profit on him.

Actually Pantilimon is a decent 'keeper and they got him for nowt, but for what they've spent and the number of different managers who've been backed. Their house is not in order what so ever.

We might not be any closer to challenging for any honours than they are, but even under Ashley's restrictions we've seen some truly quality players.

:lol:

Whoops

I meant that I cannot fathom why anyone would pick Everton to go down out of those options. Swansea are more likely to go down than Everton. I can't imagine why people think Palace & sunderland are safer bets for survival than the team that has never been relegated from the top flight, that is managed by a man who steered a far worse side to safety on an almost yearly basis?

I think the signings from Bruce and O'neill are coming back to bite them on the arse. They paid big money for bang average and poor players and I doubt Ellis will want to splash out more money in case it happens again. Poyet has signed some shite too as it happens, Buckley, Bridcutt and still hasn't got any decent full backs.

:lol:

Whoops

I meant that I cannot fathom why anyone would pick Everton to go down out of those options. Swansea are more likely to go down than Everton. I can't imagine why people think Palace & sunderland are safer bets for survival than the team that has never been relegated from the top flight, that is managed by a man who steered a far worse side to safety on an almost yearly basis?

I think a lot of football fans are for one reason or another, very much led by the media. Everton have been a fairly recent 'crisis team' and so they're now inevitably tipped for relegation. I agree that it's ridiculous, but judging by your average fan's reactions to the Pardew era here, it doesn't seem as though critical analysis of news sources is a high priority.

I think a lot of football fans are for one reason or another, very much led by the media. Everton have been a fairly recent 'crisis team' and so they're now inevitably tipped for relegation. I agree that it's ridiculous, but judging by your average fan's reactions to the Pardew era here, it doesn't seem as though critical analysis of news sources is a high priority.

A lot of people are morons.

So, Messi has come out and said he doesn't know where he'll be next year. The sort of meaningless throw away statement that is probably designed to win political games at Barcelona rather than being any genuine statement of intent, and I do appreciate that any transfer has a likelihood of less than a percent of actually happening.

But that said, reports on it are suggesting that the only two teams in the world with the financial muscle to buy him are Man Utd and Real Madrid. And he won't go to Real Madrid.

Apparently this would cost Man Utd £195m for the transfer, and £16.5m/season thereafter. So about £275m in total.

Is...is Messi worth £275m?

So, Messi has come out and said he doesn't know where he'll be next year. The sort of meaningless throw away statement that is probably designed to win political games at Barcelona rather than being any genuine statement of intent, and I do appreciate that any transfer has a likelihood of less than a percent of actually happening.

But that said, reports on it are suggesting that the only two teams in the world with the financial muscle to buy him are Man Utd and Real Madrid. And he won't go to Real Madrid.

Apparently this would cost Man Utd £195m for the transfer, and £16.5m/season thereafter. So about £275m in total.

Is...is Messi worth £275m?

:lol: That's one day after saying, "I have no intentions of leaving for any team, not Chelsea nor Manchester City,"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/12/what-are-the-wittiest-chants-you-have-heard-at-a-football-match

Very much enjoyed this article - the Guardian asking for football's wittiest chants. Most of the good ones are in the comments and are more or less unpublishable within the article itself, but well worth a look:

"My favourite was on from many years ago in the auto glass windshield trophy final between I think Cardiff and Carlisle. All the Carlisle fans decided to buy blow up sheep, and come the first appropriate moment, waggled them in the air as one shouting 'SHEEP SHAGGERS!!'. The Cardiff fans had anticipated this move, and pulled out their own blow up sheep, whilst knocking out the chant 'Don't knock what you haven't tried!!’"

"When Scotland played in Italy: "We're gonna deep-fry yer pizzas, deep-fry yer pizzaaas...""

to the tune of 'that's amore':
"When the ball hits your head and you're sitting in row Z - that's Zamora"

Aberdeen fans saluting goalscoring machine Adam Rooney with "he's not that Rooney, your granny is safe, he's not that Rooney your granny is safe"

Shortly after Delia Smith's "let's be 'aving you", Chelsea fans composed this beauty:

"We've got Abramovich,
you've got a drunken bitch"

To which the Norwich maestros replied:

"We've got a super cook, you've got a Russian crook"

Chelsea followed up with "One Gordon Ramsey, there's only one Gordon Ramsey"

I mean there's loads of good ones - I think the best ones are from teams that are pretty terrible.

`Jordi Gomez.He's a good player you know.Wigan's Player of the Year last season'

`Connor Wickham.He's a good player you know.Liverpool were after him'

`Steve bruce.He's a good manager you know.He's turned the Mags down to join us.I love Steve Bruce me like'

They raved about Buckley and Bridcott after their debuts,now they are both shit. Every player they sign is a good player and an even better player than they thought,if they have a good debut.

`McClean or Messi' after a handful of games from the irishman who of course is now shit .

`Jordi Gomez.He's a good player you know.Wigan's Player of the Year last season'

`Connor Wickham.He's a good player you know.Liverpool were after him'

`Steve bruce.He's a good manager you know.He's turned the Mags down to join us.I love Steve Bruce me like'

They raved about Buckley and Bridcott after their debuts,now they are both shit. Every player they sign is a good player and an even better player than they thought,if they have a good debut.

`McClean or Messi' after a handful of games from the irishman who of course is now shit .

The chants Rayvin quoted are definitely better. Your ones don't even rhyme.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/12/what-are-the-wittiest-chants-you-have-heard-at-a-football-match

Very much enjoyed this article - the Guardian asking for football's wittiest chants. Most of the good ones are in the comments and are more or less unpublishable within the article itself, but well worth a look:

"My favourite was on from many years ago in the auto glass windshield trophy final between I think Cardiff and Carlisle. All the Carlisle fans decided to buy blow up sheep, and come the first appropriate moment, waggled them in the air as one shouting 'SHEEP SHAGGERS!!'. The Cardiff fans had anticipated this move, and pulled out their own blow up sheep, whilst knocking out the chant 'Don't knock what you haven't tried!!’"

"When Scotland played in Italy: "We're gonna deep-fry yer pizzas, deep-fry yer pizzaaas...""

to the tune of 'that's amore':

"When the ball hits your head and you're sitting in row Z - that's Zamora"

Aberdeen fans saluting goalscoring machine Adam Rooney with "he's not that Rooney, your granny is safe, he's not that Rooney your granny is safe"

Shortly after Delia Smith's "let's be 'aving you", Chelsea fans composed this beauty:

"We've got Abramovich,

you've got a drunken bitch"

To which the Norwich maestros replied:

"We've got a super cook, you've got a Russian crook"

Chelsea followed up with "One Gordon Ramsey, there's only one Gordon Ramsey"

I mean there's loads of good ones - I think the best ones are from teams that are pretty terrible.

It's a bit rich for Carlisle fans to call somebody else sheepshaggers.