Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

All three associations had the same stance iirc, that they were against the team but none of them came out and said that they would stop their players from taking part. So Pearce was free to select them but chose not to.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best things Capello ever did was that time he kept torturing Pearce in the dugout, making him look like a complete prick. Hitting him and making him stand up and sit down on command.

£500m is what Man U have paid in interest, charges and fees since 2005. That's pretty much a Ronaldo every season. Just think how good they could have been if it weren't for the Glazers.

J Allen (Swansea), C Bellamy (Liverpool), R Bertrand (Chelsea), J Butland (Birmingham), S Caulker (Tottenham), T Cleverley (Manchester United), J Cork (Southampton), C Dawson (West Brom), R Giggs (Manchester United), A Ramsey (Arsenal), M Richards (Manchester City), D Rose (Tottenham), S Sinclair (Swansea), M Sordell (Bolton), J Steele (Middlesbrough), D Sturridge (Chelsea), N Taylor (Swansea), J Tomkins (West Ham)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ympics/18675124

Brazil squad: Rafael Cabral (Santos), Neto (Fiorentina); Alex Sandro (Porto), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafael (Manchester United), Danilo (Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Bruno Uvini (Sao Paulo), Juan (Inter Milan); Sandro (Tottenham), Romulo (Spartak Moscow), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Oscar (Internacional), Lucas Moura (Sao Paulo); Neymar (Santos), Leandro Damiao (International), Alexandre Pato, Hulk (Porto).

Fuck.

I'm sure it probably been mentioned on the board somewhere but i haven't seen it, but have people read that Senegal and the Ivory Coast have been drawn against each other in the African cup of nations qualifiers, so only one of them is going to be in the main tournament, so we can't lose all our players to it (if they're still here anyway!). That's quite a boost really as losing all 3 in January would be a big issue with us having Europa league games as well as prem matches to fit in.

John Terry racism trial begins over Anton Ferdinand remark

Chelsea skipper John Terry is accused of abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand at Loftus Road match in October 2011

Chelsea-captain-John-Terr-008.jpg

Chelsea captain John Terry, right, is accused of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand, left, during an October 2011 match at Loftus Road. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA

The trial of John Terry for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand will get under way on Monday.

The Chelsea captain and England defender Terry, 31, was charged with a racially aggravated breach of public order after a remark made to Queens Park Rangers player Ferdinand at a Premier League game in October 2011.

Terry could face a £2,500 fine if convicted at the Westminster magistrates court trial, which is expected to last five days.

Police questioned Terry in November 2011 after a complaint from the public and crown prosecutors decided he should be charged with the summary offence.

The comment was allegedly made, and seemingly caught on footage, to the QPR defender when the two teams met at Loftus Road.

Terry's lawyer entered a not guilty plea on his behalf at Westminster magistrates court in February.

His trial was delayed until after the Euro 2012 championships after District Judge Howard Riddle heard that a number of other Chelsea players would not be able to appear as witnesses until the end of the football season.

Chelsea won the Champions League and FA Cup this season and Terry played in the England team that reached the quarter-finals of Euro 2012 in June.

Ferdinand Terry trial is on now.

It seems Terry's Principal Skinner style initial defence of "I wasn't calling him a black cunt, I was saying that I didnt call him a black cunt" is in trouble as Anton is saying that he only knew about him using those words after the game when his girlfriend showed him footage. He would have been livid at the time.

Worst. Defence. Ever. :lol:

Tbf a fair response to "did you just call me black cunt" is "I've never called anyone.....". At the time I did think that's what he said.

Now if the case is that did call him that in the first place then fair enough.

Tbf a fair response to "did you just call me black cunt" is "I've never called anyone.....". At the time I did think that's what he said.

Now if the case is that did call him that in the first place then fair enough.

You wouldn't shout it across the field, half sneering, half grinning though. You'd try and have a quiet word to clear things up.

Ferdinand says Terry said to him after the game in CFC dressing room: 'What happened, geez?'

Ferdinand denies accusing Terry of using racist language - this challenges defence that Terry merely said words in "sarcastic exclamation"