Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

He is a national icon, the national icon some would say,

Why though?....honestly, I cant see it. He cant even talk properly. He's attractive to members of the female gender and he was a good footballer a decade ago. He's a national icon in the way a reality tv show star is.

Good footballer a decade ago? He was playing for the third biggest club in the world two years ago imo, and doing well. He's been a figure head for UNICEF for no financial gain, he basically won the Olympics for the country, in my view if he wasn't there Paris would've won it, and internationally he is arguably the most famous living Englishman.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevies right like to take Bellamy or giggs ahead if him is a kick in the teeth nevermind Richards. England have plenty of young defenders or midfielders under 23 who could make it and let one of those spots go to beckham.

He was basically the face for the bid abd was good enough for that but not good enough to oust giggs or Bellamy for a spot? Like its been said he's not same player he was but he was still good at Milan and his game was never based around pace, and I doubt he's lost his engine or the ability to punt a ball 70yards like Pirlo does

There was a MLS game on ESPN a few weeks ago live, he scored the best free kick you'll ever see, and ran the show, he's far from finished. I agree with STEVE HOWARD, in the Sun, Pearce is a very strange man. Always struck me as a man hiding dark secrets.

There was a MLS game on ESPN a few weeks ago live, he scored the best free kick you'll ever see, and ran the show, he's far from finished. I agree with STEVE HOWARD, in the Sun, Pearce is a very strange man. Always struck me as a man hiding dark secrets.

rathboneholmes.jpg

Stevie 'McFaul' pictured yesterday pondering the evil 'Psycho' Pearce's next sinister move.

;)

rathboneholmes.jpg

Stevie 'McFaul' pictured yesterday pondering the evil 'Psycho' Pearce's next sinister move.

;)

Whey man, all that money and he won't get his teeth fixed.

Stevies right like to take Bellamy or giggs ahead if him is a kick in the teeth nevermind Richards. England have plenty of young defenders or midfielders under 23 who could make it and let one of those spots go to beckham.

He was basically the face for the bid abd was good enough for that but not good enough to oust giggs or Bellamy for a spot? Like its been said he's not same player he was but he was still good at Milan and his game was never based around pace, and I doubt he's lost his engine or the ability to punt a ball 70yards like Pirlo does

Bit of a daft comparison comparing him to Pirlo though as Beckham despite what he believed could never do that role in the middle of that park. Always had a lot of time for him though as he's certainly one of those that has always been proud to play for his country and always put in the work rate as he knew it made up for his other technical deficiencies.

I haven't got anything bad to say about Beckham, people say he was a one trick pony, but what a trick, and that's bollocks anyway. Brilliant player for 20 years and I don't think he had technical deficiencies, he single handedly won Real Madrid the league one year, he shagged Rebecca Loos, fuckin sue him, that's the only blot on his copybook.

The problem with this country is people always look for the negative, when I was in Thailand, the kids didn't have enough money for a packet of Wrigleys Spearmint, but they had smiles on their faces like Paul Wyn when it's announced there's not enough evidence, but over here we're miserable negative bastards.

I haven't got anything bad to say about Beckham, people say he was a one trick pony, but what a trick, and that's bollocks anyway. Brilliant player for 20 years and I don't think he had technical deficiencies, he single handedly won Real Madrid the league one year, he shagged Rebecca Loos, fuckin sue him, that's the only blot on his copybook.

The problem with this country is people always look for the negative, when I was in Thailand, the kids didn't have enough money for a packet of Wrigleys Spearmint, but they had smiles on their faces like Paul Wyn when it's announced there's not enough evidence, but over here we're miserable negative bastards.

He knew what he was good at and done that, apart from later on when he thought he could play in the centre of the park when he clearly didn't have anywhere near the same impact. By technical deficiencies he could never beat a man and his short passing game was never great, which is why he never really excelled in the centre of the park.

Wish England had a player like him in his prime in the side now, that's for certain.

Beckham jumped through hoops to help get the gig in his old backyard because he knew it would get him attention on the world stage where he likes to be. If he was expecting a place in the squad on the back of it and therefore yet more time in the spotlight then all I can say is life is full of disappointments like this for us mere mortals so he'll just have to get on with it too.

Good footballer a decade ago? He was playing for the third biggest club in the world two years ago imo, and doing well. He's been a figure head for UNICEF for no financial gain, he basically won the Olympics for the country, in my view if he wasn't there Paris would've won it, and internationally he is arguably the most famous living Englishman.

For me was at his peak in 2001/2ish, when England had to beat Greece at OT etc, fair enough Real Madrid but he was well into a decline when he left (for Hollywood,funny that...) UNICEF is a noble gig, and obviously they like a famous face because it gets them (and him funnily enough..) into the papers. Seb Coe's speech was a bit more inspiring than a handshake and a chat with a squeaky voiced metrosexual Essex boy I'd imagine and the Becks factor was lost on those in his own sport when we tried for the WC.

I'm swimming against the tide here, I know that, but sorry like he's a bit of a joke iyam. If you want a sporting icon then Steve Redgrave springs to mind for me, I love football but a lot of footballers leave a lot to be desired and Beckham's one of them.

Rebecca Loos was prepared to wank off a pig. That gives you an insight into how filthy she would be. No man could resist that level of filth.

Fact.

Heather Mills too. Minging but probably supernaturally filthy.

Fact.

Heather Mills too. Minging but probably supernaturally filthy.

Aye, what she lacks in limbs, she more than makes up for in grot. McCartney did well to still be alive.

No players from NI or Scotland in Pearce's GB 18.

Scottish snub is cos no one is buying tickets for the Hampden football - they've just given 30k free tickets away to schools and have realised too late that another planned 170k free tickets to schools won't happen as we're shut for the summer!

OR

none of the Scottish players were good enough!

J Allen (Swansea), C Bellamy (Liverpool), R Bertrand (Chelsea), J Butland (Birmingham), S Caulker (Tottenham), T Cleverley (Manchester United), J Cork (Southampton), C Dawson (West Brom), R Giggs (Manchester United), A Ramsey (Arsenal), M Richards (Manchester City), D Rose (Tottenham), S Sinclair (Swansea), M Sordell (Bolton), J Steele (Middlesbrough), D Sturridge (Chelsea), N Taylor (Swansea), J Tomkins (West Ham)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18675124

J Allen (Swansea), C Bellamy (Liverpool), R Bertrand (Chelsea), J Butland (Birmingham), S Caulker (Tottenham), T Cleverley (Manchester United), J Cork (Southampton), C Dawson (West Brom), R Giggs (Manchester United), A Ramsey (Arsenal), M Richards (Manchester City), D Rose (Tottenham), S Sinclair (Swansea), M Sordell (Bolton), J Steele (Middlesbrough), D Sturridge (Chelsea), N Taylor (Swansea), J Tomkins (West Ham)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ympics/18675124

It should be called The Great Britain apart from Northern Ireland and Scotland team ?

The Welsh FA allowed us to pick their players. Scotland and NI asked us not to for fear Uefa would make the 4 home nations into one team. Which would then fuck up domestic European places etc. The best Welsh teams already play in England so they don't care.