Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert, like practically the entire squad suffered when Bobby left.

We've yet to recover fully from the Sounness era.

its incredible really how much that appointment, that single transition, has fucked us over.

imagine if we'd got someone decent...

The Cardiff/Malkay Mackay/Vincent Tan crack is indicative that football is well and truly broken. What an absolute tit that man is.

There is only one man mad enough to take the job after Mackay...

14585921FILE-FEBRUARY-18-2013-Paolo-Di-C

Edited by ADP

Perhaps he'll appoint another friend of the family. A 24-year-old Estonian, maybe, whose only football experience is willing La Liga 16 times in a row with Real Madrid on Football Manager.

Laughable. It almost makes you wonder what would happen if Ashley tried to take us down that road....

Tim Sherwood has been given the Spurs job. Bizarre.

Mate of mine has a theory that Glenn Hoddle is in a perpetual cycle of being brought back as Glenn Hoddle as punishment for being Glenn Hoddle in a previous life.

I really don't understand the logic of the Tim Sherwood move. He has never managed before and everyone knows the pressure of doing it in the premier league. I think they are going to drop like a stone.

Yeah, hopefully this is their Glenn Roeder appointment and it'll be downhills from here...

They'll go for someone else in the summer if they don't do that well I reckon. Really enjoyable to see Levy getting a bit of jip off the spurs fans. Ever since he got rid of Jol in that weird, underhand way and replaced him with Ramos, I've thought he's a bit of a cretin.

Yeah, hopefully this is their Glenn Roeder appointment and it'll be downhills from here...

To be fair, Souness/Shepherd had blown any transfer money Roeder might've got if my memory serves me. I've got plenty of time for the bloke, served this club well enough as a player, steadied the ship and got Souness's side up to seventh which I doubt the bluffer would've managed that year. Heard Roeder on talksport not too long ago and he can't hide what he feels for Newcastle United.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Isn't this the first Boxing Day home fixture we've had since coming back up? Even if not, we've barely ever been at home for much of our time in the PL on the day. I expect us to be fairly comfortable in the game like and apparently so does he.

I know that the club under Ashley asked to be away on Boxing day at the beginning of a season until recently so that explains the lack of home games under him.

I've a feeling he'll do ok. He comes across a bit cocky though so hopefully not.

It's effectively like giving Carver an 18 month contract if we had just spent £110mil and were challenging for the champions league

The rumours are that they want LVGaal after the World Cup and felt that giving Sherwood a 6 month contract would unsettle the team

Luke Moore of the Football Ramble basically said on Twitter that, this move is basically implying that Spurs think Sherwood is a better manager than AVB. Ridiculous way to run a football club.

Nah, I know what he is saying, but I think this is indicative of a calamitous break-down in the relationship between AVB and Levy, which meant they had to accelerate their plans? Sherwood is a short-term appointment and I'd not be surprised to see a new manager in place at the end of the season, if not before.

Isn't this the first Boxing Day home fixture we've had since coming back up? Even if not, we've barely ever been at home for much of our time in the PL on the day. I expect us to be fairly comfortable in the game like and apparently so does he.

He's sorted a plane, so I've no idea what his problem is? He'd even complain that he had to face sunderland then Crystal Palace at home, the orcish oaf.