Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposting cause I fucked up the formatting:

Southend manager Phil Brown at Britannia Stadium for 5 live Sport: 'Big Sam is a genius'
Southampton v West Ham (19:45 GMT)
"Sam Allardye gets almighty stick from all comers. The throwaway comment that got up Big Sam's nose was what Graeme Souness
said, probably 15 years ago, that Liverpool in a game found it hard to play against "this long-ball rubbish". These days Sam is enjoying himself.
"And remember, Sam was the first manager in England to embrace ProZone - he is well into his stats. He may have dyslexia but he's not thick. I think he's a statistical genius. I think he's as good as Arsene Wenger, if not better."

Brown definitely wrote that after a back-to-back wanking session with Allardyce.

Lived up to his name by giving 'Big Sam' an 'Eric Bristow' I reckon.

Edited by Alex

Lukaku has some brass coming out saying he wants to move to a bigger club less than a year after signing for Everton, and in the current form he is in. I kind of enjoy Everton being brought down a peg in recent weeks though. First Mirallas saying he wants to move if they don't get champions league, now this. Kind of been found out this season on the pitch an arl.

Edited by ADP

Their forum (Everton are my second team) seem to feel that he is both guilty of being out of form, and also suffering from starvation of service. Either way, not a great situation for the club.

I haven't got any stats to back it up, but from what I've seen on general observation when watching them last season to this season is that Martinez's system of play has been found out by a lot of other teams this year. Up until recently where they have resorted to a much more direct style of play, Everton did not have any plan B. I watched them play against West Brom when Pulis had just taken over and while WBA were really impressive defensively, Everton seemed to be out of ideas after 30 minutes. I think Martinez is a decent coach, but he could do with being a bit more open minded tactically when the time calls for it. Possession football and a tight passing game is all well and good, and looks great when it succeeds. But the diversity of systems in the PL means that unless you have a team of incredible players in every position, that style will only get you so far.

Lukaku was great last season, but I remember Mourinho coming out with something when they sold him about his attitude. A lot of the press thought that he was being a bit harsh, and portrayed Lukaku as the unfortunate, talented young fall guy who wasn't given a chance at Chelsea. Perhaps his comments today vindicate Mourinho's assessment. Plus the fact that he he has largely been dogger this season. It's not like he hasn't had the chances either.

Their forum (Everton are my second team) seem to feel that he is both guilty of being out of form, and also suffering from starvation of service. Either way, not a great situation for the club.

His movement up front hasn't been the same I've thought. He looks lazier than last year. Not offering enough, and not making the selfless runs that open up space for other players in the team.