Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Simpson eh. Actually caught straddling his wife and choking her, sentenced, and Leicester are going to have an "internal disciplinary hearing". :lol: I hope they're just buying themselves some time to get the legals squared away before they bin him.

The FA have released details of the text Karl Oyston sent a Blackpool fan. They seem mild compared to what Ashley would send should he even be bothered to interact with us.

CH2zlB7WUAAiCSF.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11686604/Liverpool-target-Simon-Kjaer-rejects-Anfield-because-he-wants-trophies.html

Liverpool have missed out on signing Denmark international Simon Kjaer - after he decided he wanted to play for a club that can win titles.

Kjaer, 26, has decided to join Turkish club Fenerbahce, where he signed a four-year contract on Wednesday.
Kjaer's family are Liverpool supporters and he claimed there was genuine interest from the club in signing him, but said the prospect of winning silverware in Turkey was too strong a temptation.
"It's not a secret that my family are Liverpool fans, and a move to Liverpool would make my family happy.
"Liverpool wanted me, but I want championships, I want to win trophies. Fenerbahce's goals this season are big, and it was explained to me very well."

If you were a player who had "big" clubs as options, as Kjaer does, would you choose championship medals and trophies in a lesser league like Turkey, over playing for a club like Liverpool?

I'm not sure I'd swap 4-5th in one of the elite leagues for winning tinpot leagues. Even if I "only" won the League cup, that'd be better than 4 league titles with Celtic or Olympiakos.

Nah I'd rather play in the Premiership tbh, it's fucking hilarious all the same as you know Liverpool fans will have had a thread all about this bloke yapping on about how his family are massive Liverpool fans and he'll be nailed on to sign for them one day.