Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Don't see much difference between Kinnear and Llambias apart from their respective backgrounds.

Well the backgrounds are key.

The role is to report to Ashley on football matters at the club. Kinnear and Hartford (regardless whether you like them) are much better qualified to understand football matters than Llambias.

That may mean than the likes of Pardew or Carr have to go the extra mile to justify actions etc but IMO (particularly given last seasons shitness), that's not a bad thing.

The bottom line I guess is where you consider their motives lie. If you believe they are simply here to replace Pardew themselves then understandably you will be suspicious. If they are here to try and help overcome all the various problems of last year then Im prepared to see how they do.

While I think we are firmly in loveless marriage phase with Ashley, I still think he wants the club to perform as a solid top 10 team until he sells, therefore getting things right is still very much important.

I've never felt as less passionate towards Newcastle than I have over the past few month. I'm finding it hard to care about anything that goes on there anymore!

That's how I feel these days, I've just lost all motivation to show interest in the team. The only news that you see about the club is another piss-take by Mike Ashley on how he can fuck people off that little bit more - just not worth the stress and anxiety it causes any more. Until that fat cunt goes I'm just going to dwell on what we once were and what we may be again one day after he's gone.

You know we could buy 3-4 decent players in the next 48 hours, immediately changing the complexion of this Summer, right?

Wouldn't act too hastily, still a long way to go till the window ends.

Can I have some of what you're drinking? I can smell the hopeless optimism and short memory from here?

We're fucked mate, once again we're selling and not buying anywhere near the quality required to even replace , let alone to improve the squad.

Unlike those who just stop caring because we're going to lose , it doesn't affect me, that's what Supporting is supposed to mean. I'll cheer them on whatever, but I have zero optimism of anything good happening. I pin my hopes on Pardew actually being good and surprising us all by keeping this joke in the upper half of the table. edit -> after coming down from my supporting high, it should be added I went to a total of 9 matches last year - so perhaps if I'd had to sit through the home games at the end of the season it may have broken me. But I still remember Ossie and things still aren't quite as bad as that yet.

Edited by scoobos

We will spend money during this transfer window. I'm fairly sure that Carr and Pardew had their list of targets drawn up long ago but the addition of Kinnear into the mix will undoubtedly have complicated matters and will be responsible for the lack of business thus far.

I hope so , I really do. And then you can all flame the shit out of me until I become a bit more positive !

I just can't see it on past evidence. I don't think any purchase has improved us from who we sold , which seems a bold statement but I still count Demba Ba as replacing Leon Best, Lovenkrads, Caroll , which while he's obviosuly a better player than each one, he's not better than the sum total.

I think the same is happening again, and this is now our third cycle. I'd seriously be happy if Ashley re-invested just 50% of his sales , but I don't think that's been done.

Edited by scoobos

When Kinnear appeared back on the scene I was taking the piss about who he'd sign, Harford was a name that was mentioned. Unbelievable. What exactly will his job be? Graham Carr reports to Pardew, Pardew reports to Harford, Harford reports to Kinnear, Kinnear reports to Ashley.

Great setup IYAM.

Anyone reckon that Kinnear is so utterly clueless that he needs Harford to actually do his job for him? Kinnear was actually given the job as a sinecure (either to piss Pardew and Carr off or just as a "jobs for the lads" situation with Ashley) and now he wants someone of similar philosophy (that is to say, a relic) to come in and put in some graft?

3 and a bit weeks until the start of the season and our only proper striker hasn't trained with the squad yet. Our shit back up striker has a knackered arm and has asked to leave too.

We will need 4 strikers at this rate and Joe hasn't managed one after a month where his only role pretty much is to buy players

We predicted Kinnear would be a bad joke and at the moment it's shaping up that way. The man who goes on holiday in the transfer window and tried to make Mick Harford his first signing. At this rate pre season will be over by the time we get a striker in and I dread to think who he'll pull out of his arse.......

It`s shades of 2008/2009 all over again....never mind 1 step forward 2 steps back...it`s 4/5 years we have regressed..Any decent improvement has been undone in the last few weeks by recruiting that prick Kinnear....Has the fat one not realised more investment was needed last summer...now who wants to come to us...When Harford has turned you down...

I'd like to know exactly what the role of assistant to Joe Kinnear would entail.

Getting him back to his hotel after his daily drinkathon, mainly.

And feeding him his pills to stop his heart exploding.

I might apply :naughty: