What are your ailments?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of mine have been caused by fighting or playing football. In the past I've broken both hands, fucked me knee ligaments, had chronic hamstring problems when I was fast which took a year to get over, shin splints and that's about it from football.

From fighting/getting set about, lost a tooth which I had replaced, had to go under general anaesthetic for a broken nose which now looks pretty but looked out of shape when it happened, and on another occasion got set about by three kids and had a fractured eye socket and broken cheek bone, for which 9 years later I still have a metal plate in.

Problem I have now is I can't run more than 2 or 3 mile before I get a slight pain in the bone at the bottom of the knee.

Had food poisoning really bad when I was in Thailand, and I've been smoking again since May last year, chucked it in 2005, I never used to get colds and flus but I'm getting them all the time lately. Good thing is I've had 2 since Friday neet which as any smoker will tell you is great, so I'm gonna keep going to see if I can conquer this terrible affliction.

I get the just below left knee thing...But after about half a mile. :(:jesuswept:

I wear lenses too. And I know exactly what Stevie means about feeling you can see again. When I walked out the opticians for the first time with lenses in it was class. -1.50 in both eyes. Wear glasses round the house for the telly and that.

What in the name of fuck are eye floaters?

Its when you see little spots/specks, especially when looking at light colours. Its little pieces of debris which are floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball. They seem like pieces of dust or dirt but you cant wipe it away as its within the eye. They are normally harmless but can be a sign of a torn or detached retina. MY best mate kept getting floaters then they became much worse, she was seeing them all the time, luckily she went to the opticians who sent her to hospital right away. She had laser treatment that day to repair the tears. Very scary! She needed the other eye done at a later date too.

Its when you see little spots/specks, especially when looking at light colours. Its little pieces of debris which are floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball. They seem like pieces of dust or dirt but you cant wipe it away as its within the eye. They are normally harmless but can be a sign of a torn or detached retina. MY best mate kept getting floaters then they became much worse, she was seeing them all the time, luckily she went to the opticians who sent her to hospital right away. She had laser treatment that day to repair the tears. Very scary! She needed the other eye done at a later date too.

Which I do have, but is exactly NOT what I keeping telling them about but they dont fucking listen, so I gave up and lived with it. I have snow/static in my vision. A bit like when you turn your tv to channel 99 or whatever and there is fuck all here apart from b&w static. I've googled it and plenty others have the same thing but no one has found what it is. It's not getting worse so I just put up with it.

Which I do have, but is exactly NOT what I keeping telling them about but they dont fucking listen, so I gave up and lived with it. I have snow/static in my vision. A bit like when you turn your tv to channel 99 or whatever and there is fuck all here apart from b&w static. I've googled it and plenty others have the same thing but no one has found what it is. It's not getting worse so I just put up with it.

May be worth going to an optician for a second opinion?

I'm sure Parky will have an explanation for it too. :jesuswept:

That sounds awful for you. What does your optician say it is then? It doesnt sound like harmless floaters to me! Look I'm not scaremongering, but my friend had floaters for awhile, but once you start to see them all the time-even whilst you're looking at dark colours or they become flashing you really need to get it looked at properly.

That sounds awful for you. What does your optician say it is then? It doesnt sound like harmless floaters to me! Look I'm not scaremongering, but my friend had floaters for awhile, but once you start to see them all the time-even whilst you're looking at dark colours or they become flashing you really need to get it looked at properly.

Optician gave me the all clear, nowt wrong. Dr the same. It's very faint but still very noticable, whereas floaters is only if I look at the sky for example. Personally I put it down to a LSD filled youth :jesuswept:

Optician gave me the all clear, nowt wrong. Dr the same. It's very faint but still very noticable, whereas floaters is only if I look at the sky for example. Personally I put it down to a LSD filled youth :lol:

Well yes :jesuswept: Or maybe you were abducted by aliens at some point and what you are seeing is being sent to them via your eyes? :(

Optician gave me the all clear, nowt wrong. Dr the same. It's very faint but still very noticable, whereas floaters is only if I look at the sky for example. Personally I put it down to a LSD filled youth :jesuswept:

As they say your eyes are fine, maybe its a neurological problem??

I wear lenses too. And I know exactly what Stevie means about feeling you can see again. When I walked out the opticians for the first time with lenses in it was class. -1.50 in both eyes. Wear glasses round the house for the telly and that.

More or less exactly how I felt (and only really wear glasses in house).

"I can see the leaves on that tree man" !

Ive just shat a litre or two of blood.

thats not a problem is it?

What colour was it?

green

red, bright red so as far as I know thats good isnt it? well obviously shitting blood is never great but if its dark then its from higher up isnt it?