Your ideal signings for next season?.

henda11

Who would you like to see come to the club in the summer?. we obviously need a striker, and i'd say we need a stronger centre back. Which players would you bring in?. for me i'd like :-

Striker - Odemwingie, Moussa Sow & Gervinho

Midfield - Nobody spring to mind for me at the minute

Defender - Matthew Upson would do for a season or 2

Goalkeeper - Kieran Westwood, or give Forster his chance.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Carroll, Jose Enrique, Wayne Rooney and Nani.

Edit.

Realistically I'd settle for Andy Carroll, Enrique, Daniel Sturridge and Matt Jarvis.

Edited by LeazesMag

Going for realistic signings whose contracts are nearly up or aren't wanted/would come here:

Defence: Nedum Onuoha, Gretar Steinsson (Simpson needs cover/competition which Perch just doesn't provide)

Midfield: Zoltan Gera, Jamie O'Hara, Dave Jones - three who if signed would definitely improve the squad.

Striker: Eidur Gujohnsen, Kevin Doyle - desperately need a striker who can actually finish. I think Doyle would leap at the chance to join a club like Newcastle. Haven't seen him since he played for Reading but he gives his all every game.

I'd like to aim higher than Upson, and we needn't waste time looking at keepers.

Don't think Odemwingie is that great an idea either, given it's likely West Brom would stay up and would therefore want more cash (especially as we're one of their rivals, more or less) for a no more than decent player who would be the wrong side of 30 by the time next season begins.

Sow and Gervinho sound good on paper but I've seen very little of them in action. They're the right age though, unlike Odemwingie. We need more than one striker whatever happens.

Who would you like to see come to the club in the summer?. we obviously need a striker, and i'd say we need a stronger centre back. Which players would you bring in?. for me i'd like :-

Striker - Odemwingie He only signed this season won't be sold, although he does look a good player, Moussa Sow ? & Gervinho His name is being linked with everyone, would be surprised if we win the race

Midfield - Nobody spring to mind for me at the minute Apart from getting another winger with pace who can play on the right or left I don't think we need anyone (Jarvis?)

Defender - Matthew Upson would do for a season or 2 Don't think this should be a priority, perhaps a left fullback to push/replace Enrique

Goalkeeper - Kieran Westwood, or give Forster his chance. The one area where we definitely don't need anyone

In my opinion we should look to spend £20m on two quality strikers then bolster the squad with £10m worth of other signings, not that I think that will be happening. That's what should happen. We all know what should happen and what does happen is light years apart when it comes to our club.

GK - I don't think we need one tbh, the money can go on another position

Defenders - Depends what happens to Enrique but Taiwo would be a good replacement and no RB's and CB's spring to mind

Midfield - I'd love to see Matt Jarvis here and maybe see if we can keep Stephen Ireland for a few mill, not too much though

Strikers - Oscar Cardozo from Benfica and Ola Toivonen from PSV

Don Cowie (Watford)

James Coppinger (Doncaster)

Albert Adomah (Bristol City)

Kevin Treacy (Preston)

John Oster (Doncaster)

Danny Graham (Watford)

Billy Sharp (Doncaster)

Brett Pittman (Bristol City)

Marlon King (Coventry City)

Scott McDonald (Middlesbrough)

David Nugent (Portsmouth)

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Not wanting to go in to football manager mode, but I think you need roughly a 26 man squad for a season. Two men for each position and a 'utility' man for each area.

Harper, Krul, Forster - God knows who will leave here but one will.

Simpson, R Taylor at RB, it'll do for now. Needs looking at long term

Hoy Campbell out, then we have Colo, Williamson and Taylor. I reckon we need another CB. Perch can be the 'use him if everything goes wrong man'

Enrique is off, so we need to replace him plus we have Ferguson as back up for here and LW

As well as Barton's done this season, we need competition for him on the RW. Routledge is off

CM: Nolan, Tiote, Guthrie, Smith, Gosling. Goslings a crock and so is Smith (as well as being shit). Smith will run his contract down for the final year then fuck off to Leeds. He'll do the job this year for turning to if everyone else is fucked. We need more strength in depth here, especially with Tiote's tendencies to get suspended. If we get a new RW then I suppose Barton could cover here.

LW: Jonas and Ben Arfa....well, god knows where Pardew will play Ben Arfa. Free Role or left wing? I think Jonas' impact will be significantly reduced when Enrique leaves, so i'd probably be tempted to use HBA in a role similar to the one he played at Everton, technically playing on the LW but allowed to cut inside whenever he wants.

Fucking hell we dont half have some shit up top. Xisco: Sell the cunt or give him a chance. What would be the point in loaning him out again? Lovenkrands....think he's got one year left on his deal. He'll run it down then fuck off next summer. Ranger, get him loaned out. Shola, meh. Best, probably worth giving him another season to see if he can pop up with a few more goals. Two strikers needed.

I can honestly see us doing all our deals this summer on the continent. We'll try for Tiote and Ben Arfa-esque value and bring in 4 or 5 players, while losing a similar number.

Don Cowie (Watford)

Kevin Treacy (Preston)

John Oster (Doncaster)

Danny Graham (Watford)

Billy Sharp (Doncaster)

Please tell me you're simply a WUM.

Don Cowie (Watford)

Kevin Treacy (Preston)

John Oster (Doncaster)

Danny Graham (Watford)

Billy Sharp (Doncaster)

Please tell me you're simply a WUM.

Danny Graham would be ok, the rest shite.

Going for realistic signings whose contracts are nearly up or aren't wanted/would come here:

Defence: Nedum Onuoha, Gretar Steinsson (Simpson needs cover/competition which Perch just doesn't provide)

Midfield: Zoltan Gera, Jamie O'Hara, Dave Jones - three who if signed would definitely improve the squad.

Striker: Eidur Gujohnsen, Kevin Doyle - desperately need a striker who can actually finish. I think Doyle would leap at the chance to join a club like Newcastle. Haven't seen him since he played for Reading but he gives his all every game.

Doesn't work.

What's Shane Long like btw? Only see him from highlights and stuff but he seems to have really come on. One of those players who will score a lot at that level but won't step up?

Not wanting to go in to football manager mode, but I think you need roughly a 26 man squad for a season. Two men for each position and a 'utility' man for each area.

Harper, Krul, Forster - God knows who will leave here but one will.

Simpson, R Taylor at RB, it'll do for now. Needs looking at long term

Hoy Campbell out, then we have Colo, Williamson and Taylor. I reckon we need another CB. Perch can be the 'use him if everything goes wrong man'

Enrique is off, so we need to replace him plus we have Ferguson as back up for here and LW

As well as Barton's done this season, we need competition for him on the RW. Routledge is off

CM: Nolan, Tiote, Guthrie, Smith, Gosling. Goslings a crock and so is Smith (as well as being shit). Smith will run his contract down for the final year then fuck off to Leeds. He'll do the job this year for turning to if everyone else is fucked. We need more strength in depth here, especially with Tiote's tendencies to get suspended. If we get a new RW then I suppose Barton could cover here.

LW: Jonas and Ben Arfa....well, god knows where Pardew will play Ben Arfa. Free Role or left wing? I think Jonas' impact will be significantly reduced when Enrique leaves, so i'd probably be tempted to use HBA in a role similar to the one he played at Everton, technically playing on the LW but allowed to cut inside whenever he wants.

Fucking hell we dont half have some shit up top. Xisco: Sell the cunt or give him a chance. What would be the point in loaning him out again? Lovenkrands....think he's got one year left on his deal. He'll run it down then fuck off next summer. Ranger, get him loaned out. Shola, meh. Best, probably worth giving him another season to see if he can pop up with a few more goals. Two strikers needed.

I can honestly see us doing all our deals this summer on the continent. We'll try for Tiote and Ben Arfa-esque value and bring in 4 or 5 players, while losing a similar number.

Pardew said recently he will play Ben Arfa off the striker in the "number 10 role".

I'm happy with that tbh, think he's perfectedly suited for that role and could even be a slightly better Bellamy if he doesn't lose any pace from that injury. That will also depend on who we get alongside him.