N'Zogbia ready to snub Liverpool for Newcastle

Dafydd

This is the scary thought that we drop nearly £10mil on a midfielder when we have sold our 2 top scorers in the last 6 months and beyond that we still haven't adequately replaced Martins, Owen and Viduka from 2 years ago! They may have been shite but McLoven and Best are even worse.

Tbh, I'd be pretty amazed if we spend £10m on anyone, let alone him. Can't see N'Zogbia coming here.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad TBH. Spending 9M or whatever on another midfielder when we clearly need to prioritise other positions would be incredibly annoying, as we know getting this bunch to spend anything of note is nigh on impossible.

Read that Wigan want as much as £20 mil for him. Too much in my opinion.

However, it can be seen in a different way too. We sold him for 6-8 mil was it plus Raylor? Then we are giving them their money back, and paying more. But we keep Raylor. So we still have a squad player, and in theory pay less than they want for him.

If we had intent next season, they would be buying N'Zogbia. They know he wants to come back, they also know that he would make an excellent addition to our attacking force, and it also saves them bringing a RM in. Switch Jonas to his natural side and Charlie on the left, with the occasional in-match switch

Wont happen though ;) gutted

Read that Wigan want as much as £20 mil for him. Too much in my opinion.

However, it can be seen in a different way too. We sold him for 6-8 mil was it plus Raylor? Then we are giving them their money back, and paying more. But we keep Raylor. So we still have a squad player, and in theory pay less than they want for him.

If we had intent next season, they would be buying N'Zogbia. They know he wants to come back, they also know that he would make an excellent addition to our attacking force, and it also saves them bringing a RM in. Switch Jonas to his natural side and Charlie on the left, with the occasional in-match switch

Wont happen though ;) gutted

If we get him for about 8-9mil then i'd say we arent too much worse off than when we sold him and got Raylor. Raylor for me is a decent squad player.

I think we are still interested in him but relations between Ashley and Whelen arent going to help a deal being done. Plus i think FMA and DL are thinking if they leave it late in the window they mite get N'Zogbia cheaper. Another club having a bid accepted may push things along however.

If we got charlie then for me Jonas gets dropped and Marveaux will start his NUFC career from the bench.

N'Zogbia---Tiote---Cabaye---Barton

With Ben Arfa and Ba infront, as it stands. Jonas, Gosling and Marveaux being much better options off the bench than last season.

I'd love the zog back but I would prefer to get a proper striker signed up first to compliment / rotate with Ba

i would love to see zog back but cant really see it happening. now that downing is going to liverpool i can see him going there.

The Downing move to Liverpool certainly has to sound the death knell for the N'Zogbia rumours. 20M for Downing, less than half and they'll have landed the younger, stropier N'Zogbia. Downing should improve the value of Carroll for Liverpool immensely.

Was never going to fit in in any sort of meaningful way here because of the other players we already have (discounting injuries), and so there's every chance that any of this talk was just a distraction.

Whelan hates Ashley doesn't he?

And vise-versa, which says more than anything to me about us being linked repeatedly to him.

It's like I can buy your best player whenever I want.

I've never believed we'll sign N'Zogbia. Too expensive for a start, and Whelan hates Ashley doesn't he?

And Ashley hates Whelan, the whole NZog thing has been a smokescreen to give the impression that we're looking to buy big. It was used at the end of Jan window to cover the Carroll thing and is now.

Say we're in for big name, expensive player to shut the fans up, you know its safe to do because the selling chairman would hike the price up for us and we can legitimately then argue hes not worth it.

I'd love the zog back but I would prefer to get a proper striker signed up first to compliment / rotate with Ba

i would love to see zog back but cant really see it happening. now that downing is going to liverpool i can see him going there.

When are we going to change this guys badge to Liverpool? ;)

When are we going to change this guys badge to Liverpool? ;)

Aye, he's about as a subtle as a brick like.

Gonna be a hell of a lot more 'exciting' than old crocks who used their best years up at manure - that's for sure.

We made that mistake once with Smith, doubt we'd be daft enough to do it again!

Tell you what though, the unwashed have been very ambitious in the window so far, following in liverpools footsteps of paying stupid money for players that aren't even gonna get you into europa!

Your fans must be foaming at the gash for the season to begin.